H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale
Default Magnacharger supercharger parts and labor to install

Well, I've contacted at least 3 shops in S Florida and as usual I get three different stories regarding cost of the supercharger plus installation. In one of the Ultimate Hummer mags, Hummer's Gone Wild said it was about $5800 for a polished one and about a one day install. Based on the installs that some of you have either done yourself or had done, what do you feel is a fair price to pay for the supercharger (polished), labor rate per hour, and total time for the install and to get it running properly? Your help is always appreciated and invaluable..Da BRUTE
Old 08-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Grizzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magnacharger supercharger parts and labor to install

Well, my kit was pretty much retail. $5600 and it was NOT polished. Was gonna be an extra $800 for polished. I thought the non-polished version looked just fine for me. I did entertain the idea of having it installed. It was gonna cost me $750 for install, and the guy at the shop said it would take about a day. I was scheduled to have it installed at the shop on the day after arrival of the sc, but during my wait for UPS, I downloaded the manual from magnacharger and read it probaby 3-4 times. By the time my sc was delivered I was more than confident that I could do this job myself, with the help of a few buddies. Everything took 12.5hrs with me and 3 friends working on it all night. Me being the key installer that night, dropped the fuel tank, replaced fuel pump, placed supercharger on block, ran belt, torqued everything, installed air box, did electrical, etc.. having some friends with extra hands was priceless. Of course we stopped several times to just shoot the sh** and enjoy ourselves, but also took our time to make absolutely sure that everything was done right. If I had to do it again, I would like to think that I could probably shave off about 3-4hrs from install time. The install manual was very well put together with tons of illustrative photos. Anyways, I'm rambling. My mechanic owns/operates Mac's Performance in Benbrook, TX. He runs a very high class perfomance shop. If he says it will take a day and only cost $750 to install, then I would work around that figure.

Good luck to ya.

Install not recommended for the guy that is still afraid to change his own oil.

Grizzy
Old 08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Thanks Grizzy. This is definitely beyond my mechanical expertise..Plus your info is a great summary as to what has to be done without going into all the detail.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Can't believe it, but I just did the deal..Horsepower sales in Pompano beach fl..They do everything, but their niche is superchargers. Gave me a fair price, so now if I can contain myself for the next few weeks until it comes in, I should have it installed by mid Sept..Really looking forward to it..Will have the MSD coil packs and MSD wires, plus new plugs and cooler thermostat installed at that time as well..