H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Hummer Novice

Suzie is on a distinguished road
Default 50/50 Splits with GM

I learned the most interesting thing yesterday. Found out from a Hummer mechanic that when GM agrees to split a bill 50/50 with a customer (which I believe is usually GM pays for parts, customer pays labor), that the dealership cannot charge regular labor rates. They have to charge the customer warrantee labor rates.

This is fascinating to me, as Reno Hummer charged me $3200 to put in a new engine that GM provided. I am sure going to look over that bill and see what rate I was charged for labor, because I have always thought this bill was increbibly outrageous.

Watch your money!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Hucky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 50/50 Splits with GM

Thanks for the tip,
I have a deal with cerritos hummer going on for a 50/50 split on supplying (1) mirror and and doing the labor for both mirrors, I have one in my posession, thats why the oddness.

My Rigs at cerritos hummer with Steve Devry right now.

maybe Ill see you there.

Hucky

what color is your Rig, what makes it stand out?

Mine is white, 4 inch lift with black grill and black towers, BREWER surfboards sticker on back window in white.

Hey Suzie
If you have Black Nerf Bars and want chrome ones, I have em, Id swap ya, mine are Mint
Old 10-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Hummer Novice

Hi Hucky,
LOL because I don't know what nerf bars are....forgive my ignorance.

My H2 was removed from Cerritos today, likely a sore point with Steve Devry. They decided on a different course of repair than I believe was necessary, so now my rig is at Tustin Hummer. If you read my other post about Intermittent Starts, if gives the whole story.

However, perhaps you spotted my H2. It is a really bright yellow (hee, hee), and has a GOBI roof rack (the one that goes over a sunroof), along with their ladder in the back. I love that ladder. Can't tell you how many times I have used it. I have even had a crowd on top of that Hummer to watch parades and such. We've even put a couple lawn chairs up there once. Being able to access the rack via the ladder has been awesome. License XXPLORE, a play on To-Explore. There's also lots of Baja stickers on the back window.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 AM
Hummer Professional

Hucky is on a distinguished road

Yes, I saw your rig, earlier today, when I picked mine up, sorry it didnt work out with Steve, Hes been good to me, you win some you lose some, thats what makes the world go round.

good luck with the Fix

Hucky

Nerf bars are those round side steps that run along the bottom drivers side and passengers side, from front door to back door.

Have a good one
Old 10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Suzie,

Consider yourself lucky that your truck got shipped to Tustin. I just spoke with Mike Sabaresse yesterday. He is racing full time for HUMMER, but he is also overseeing service at Tustin. That may be why you got sent there. He is only putting in between 2 hours and 2 days a week, but if you can get to him, he will make everything right. Feel free to tell him that you are a friend of mine. He knows me and H2Finally well.

Last edited by tower : 10-25-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Hummer Novice

Hi Tower,
I will mention you to Mike S. tomorrow, but will he know you by "Tower?"
Cerritos did not send me to Tustin, just to clarify. I discovered Mike Sabarese from this board and called him. He reiterated right away what my local mechanic had said was the problem. So I got my car out of Cerritos immediately and it was driven straight to Tustin.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Hummer Novice

Hucky,
Now that I know what are nerf bars, you know that my Hummer does not have them as you saw the rig. I have the four individual removable steps, which I believe allows a bit more clearance for 4wheeling. How did you like that Gobi rack and ladder? Love that ladder, has made vehicle so much more usable.

I did shred one step in Guadulupe Canyon, Baja. I left the "Hummer" trade mark (broken step with logo) in a tree at the spot for a good laugh. There was quite a bit of car debris at this spot in the road so I thought I would make future victims feel better when they spot a Hummer car piece.

Then another step was destroyed on a 4wheel road out of Mammoth, going up to Laurel Lakes and trying to avoid traffic.
Now, when I know I'm going to Baja or anywhere questionable, I just remove the steps.
A third one did break on another trip....so I only have 3 right now. That's the price of an H2 that gets used.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:25 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie
Hi Tower,
I will mention you to Mike S. tomorrow, but will he know you by "Tower?"

No. He goes by "Bobo."

Just kidding Tower.