H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Hummer Novice

JPrusinowski is off the scale

Does anyone currently utilize the vizualogic headrest monitor/dvd system? Any feedback, satisfaction input. Looking for help in choosing right setup. Looking for multi-disc capability, possibly, or X-box, nintendo as DVD player. Does anyone know if Nintendo or X-box is FM modulator capable? Also does visulogis have OSD fro multi-disc, settings, selection etc. Sorry for the run on, trying to get all the right answeres from experienced owners. Love the sight!!

Jeff
Old 02-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Hummer Novice

Does anyone currently utilize the vizualogic headrest monitor/dvd system? Any feedback, satisfaction input. Looking for help in choosing right setup. Looking for multi-disc capability, possibly, or X-box, nintendo as DVD player. Does anyone know if Nintendo or X-box is FM modulator capable? Also does visulogis have OSD fro multi-disc, settings, selection etc. Sorry for the run on, trying to get all the right answeres from experienced owners. Love the sight!!

Jeff
Old 02-24-2003, 01:33 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

I have the VIZUALOGIC System with headrst monitors, Visor montitor, Wireless headphones, FM modulator, DVD and PLAYSTATION 2.
FM MODULATOR works great. The system is an onscreen display with no ugly buttons on monitors. The fit and finish is a perfect perfect perfect 100% factory match.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Hummer Novice

Thank you for the info!! I take it playstaion 2 can not serve as your DVD player? I believe X-box is capable of both. Sounds like a great setup and looks factory original in every way. Do you have the safety feature on the visor that allows operation only if the car is not moving? Can this be bi-passed during installation. I would like passenger to be able to enjoy travel as much as the back seat passengers. Again thanks for the info!!

Great site!!

Jeff
Old 02-24-2003, 02:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

Mine is myron&davis dual 7" headrests with OSD. Quality is good. DVD player is audiovox with two wireless headsets and FM modulator. PS2 is the next thing I will put in. FM modulator works great on channel 88.7. Headrests match 100% to factory ones.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
http://www.haugens.com
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:52 AM

H2Girl is off the scale

My system uses 2 Clarion 7" monitors in the headrests and a 6" in the passenger visor. Excellent quality when compared side by side with the Vizualogic and better pricing. FM modulator,Clarion 4 head HI-FI VCR and PS2 that works great as my DVD Player. All you need for it to work as a DVD player is the remote control. But if you go that route with the DVD, make sure you only buy the Sony remote. I went through so many problems with the aftermarket remotes. My system also incorporates a viper alarm system with remote start. Good luck with yours!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

The Visor Monitor can work while the vehicle is in motion. The PALYSTATION 2 does have the ABILITY to play DVD's. The passengers just like to watch two different DVD's at the same time on occasion.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:33 PM

HUMMBABY is off the scale

I am using the Vizualogic headrest screens and am very happy with them. I compared them to the LZ-800 I have in other vehicles, and did not see a lot of difference. Plus the fact that they keep a clean factory look.

For the passengers in the back, I am using an Audiovox 10 disc DVD changer as one source, and a PS2 as the other. This gives the kids the ability to play games, movies, tv or a combination. I put a 10" Rossen drop down screen for the rare times they can agree on the same thing (better for the 3rd seat as well). Get the Fm modulator, but also the Audiovox wireless headphones. They are a godsend on road trips!

Whatever DVD player you use, make sure it has memory. Audiovox makes an inexspensive unit that does not have this. Each time you turn the car off you have to use the menu to return to "that part" of the movie.

Have fun with it.

Cheers!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

I ordered the Vizualogic system for my H2. I have it half-way installed. I was a little upset that they did not send everything needed for a complete install. They did not provide the "Y" cable for the video signal when you have two monitors! Go figure. It's not an big deal to include it. Has any one else had this problem? There head rest and monitor are top quality and look good. It would be complete by now if i didn' have to run to Radio Shack. They say in there add just plug and play? RIGHT!

Tony - Out.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:40 AM

Patrick is off the scale

I installed the same setup from autobarn (two headrest monitors and dvd player). I installed the dvd player where the onstar stuff was and I installed all of the other electronics in the middle console under the cupholders. I just wish the dvd player had an electronic display on it so I could see it at night. Only one remote can with mine as well PhilD. The monitor are good enough for the kids, they hav'nt complained yet. I'm waiting for the kenwood lz-800 to arrive which I ordered off ebay. I'm going to mount it in front of the overhead console in a custom built console piece from Jonathan in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I'm done installing it.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:21 AM

ACR H2 is off the scale

Where is the best place to get the vizualogic headrest monitor/dvd system?

Thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 02-25-2003, 04:07 AM

IH2doU is off the scale

Patrick, I have the same setup you have, had them installed by the dealer.
I am looking to add a screen in front of the overhead console as you mentioned, where can I find out more about this "custom built console piece from Jonathan". How can I get one?

Thanks...Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
I installed the same setup from autobarn (two headrest monitors and dvd player). I installed the dvd player where the onstar stuff was and I installed all of the other electronics in the middle console under the cupholders. I just wish the dvd player had an electronic display on it so I could see it at night. Only one remote can with mine as well PhilD. The monitor are good enough for the kids, they hav'nt complained yet. I'm waiting for the kenwood lz-800 to arrive which I ordered off ebay. I'm going to mount it in front of the overhead console in a custom built console piece from Jonathan in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I'm done installing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

PhilD,

I though about doing that, but if I use two differnt sources of input, ie: DVD and TV tuner, both monitors will have the same display, right? This would not make it possible to watch TV on one monitor and DVD on the other, because the output from the one monitor would be what is displayed on the other, right? So I would rather use a video out splitter from each source into each input so each monitor will have it's own selection of video source.

Bigt.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:59 AM

Patrick is off the scale

I am going to use this kenwood unit to select from different video sources. This link doesn't show the controllers. I had a link to etronics.com but their site is down right now. Here is a link to a different site. It costs 159.00 at etronics.com. This way all three of my screens will be able to switch between 1) nav screen, 2) dvd/line in, and 3) rear view camera. The over head screen will automatically do this whenever the H2 is in reverse. Other inputs are also possible on the lz-800 and other monitors. The kenwood unit is http://www.car-audio-experts.com/ken...kva-s300.shtml I found jonathan on another thread and called him. It turns out several people are using him to do the same thing with several different kinds of monitors. That link is http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=506606888 1. He is very friendly and good to deal with.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:25 PM

Patrick is off the scale

here is the etronics link. http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...300&SVBName=30

It's the cheapest place on the net for this part that I have been able to find.

The vizualogic kit was purchased at autobarn.com. I received the kit in about 5 days and it was packaged nicely.

In the last thread I meant to say the overhead screen will automatically switch to the reverse camera when the car is placed in reverse. The lz-800 has multiple inputs and when connected to the kenwood a/v switcher you can make it so the rear monitors can always pull up whatever the overhead screen is showing. So they can watch the nav map or the rear view camera. This means you have more inputs than the three on the kenwood a/v unit. Now I just need to go back and read the threads about rearview cameras and shop them on the net. Some even have mics on them. I thought that would be entertaining to hear what others are saying as they walk by in a parking lot.

PhilD, you ran a wire out to the roof of your H2 through the marker light on the roof. Was it easy to route the wire there and still keep it waterproof? Does the wire lift the rubber a little or did you dremmel a notch in the plastic? I need to get the GPS antenna up there and I was wondering what your experience was. Eventually I'm going to put lights up there as well.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:27 PM

TX T H2 is off the scale

PhilD: Ar you able to run a NAV system with the NECVOX 9690? I have seen your posts and pics and it is definitely the best looking install (much preferred over a flip screen). I am in a business where having the ability to display NAV on multiple screens for clients in car is a real benefit. I would do the NECVOX in heartbeat if I could accomplish a similar configuration of equipment as the Kenwood KVT911 allows (eg. DVD,TV,Sirius,Nav, etc..)

Patrick: Where are you finding the best price on the LZ-800 monitors?

"Oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea!" Jed Clampett
Old 02-25-2003, 08:40 PM

Patrick is off the scale

I purchased the lz-800w here at this place with the buy it now option

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3006839730&category=14 946.

It says it is brand new. I don't have it yet so I can't say anything about it. Another place is here that I stumbled upon. They have good kenwood nav prices.

http://www.speedsound.com/kenwoodexcelonvideo.html