H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Hummer Novice

yukon is off the scale
Default Help Please. No power to the motor right after the dealer replaced ignition switch

Hey everyone...here's hoping this is nothing major and that maybe someone has run into this before....

I'm in my second h2 and just had the ignition switch replaced as per HUMTECH's advice in one of his postings. I picked it up from the dealer, came home, went out again, came home and then my wife left to go to the gym. When it was time to leave, it wouldn't start. It gets power to everything (lights, locks, message center, etc...) but it won't send any type of power to the motor....dead silent...no clicking, no nothing.

We're pretty sure its not the battery as everything was fine up until that point.

Any suggestions or heads up?

Thanks in advance
dave
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Please. No power to the motor right after the dealer replaced ignition switch

I would guess the connector on the ignition switch is not fully seated, they are very difficult to seat and sometimes even require pliers to make proper connection. also have seen many that the connector is broken upon removal causing same problem. Lastly the switch is adjustable and the tech may have it out of adjustment(for this problem when you turn the key to crank put a extra effort into it when the lock cylinder stops turning, if it cranks over the switch needs adjusting). You can remove the lower column cover it just pops off and check the ign switch connector, its the one that points straight to the passenger side right below the lock cylinder.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Please. No power to the motor right after the dealer replaced ignition switc

And last lastly, check the fuse. And don't let your wife drive it.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:07 AM
Hummer Novice

yukon is off the scale
Default Re: Help Please. No power to the motor right after the dealer replaced ignition switc

Well....the dealer went to get the truck this morning and (as Murphy's Law would dictate) it started for them. They drove it to the shop turned it off and when they went to start it....nothing (all electrics worked, engine didn't crank). After a couple of tries it started, they moved it in and hooked it up to the computer and found nothing. The truck they proceeded to start flawlessly every hour on the hour. It even started for me when I picked it up.
There was no charge ('yet' as the shop manager informed) as they couldn't find a problem, but its a little unnerving to know that my wife and two infant daughters could get stranded in a parking lot somewhere in minus 30 degree weather...
If anyone has any other suggestions please pass them along. And for the guys who already helped out thanks again....
dave