H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

prplprowlr is off the scale

Hey Jason,
I don't know if this has been brought up before. I was thinking maybe we could do some Vinyl Logos (THE H2 SOURCE logo)from this site to place on our H2's back window or back side windows and make them only available to registered members. That way when we see a logo we know they are from the forum? Just an idea anyone else think this would be a good idea?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hey Jason,
I don't know if this has been brought up before. I was thinking maybe we could do some Vinyl Logos (THE H2 SOURCE logo)from this site to place on our H2's back window or back side windows and make them only available to registered members. That way when we see a logo we know they are from the forum? Just an idea anyone else think this would be a good idea?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:08 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

[This message was edited by BADRAP on 07-29-03 at 08:17 AM.]
Old 07-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

I would love to do that!

However I was previously contacted by GM/Hummer when I had the old store open (t-shirts, mugs, etc with the H2 Source Logo on them). They made me shut down the store becuase I was making money off their trademarks. Granted, I did make about $1-2/per item, just wanted you all to have the ability to get a shirt if you wanted.

I wonder if it would be ok to give out a sticker to those who "make a donation" to the site????

Anyone out there who can make vinyl stickers, send me an email?

Thanks for the idea.

Jason
Old 07-29-2003, 01:50 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey there guys,

I think the stickers would be a great idea, and maybe to take it a step further and have them done in a few of the factory colors like, white, orange, maroon, peweter and yellow. I would check with Fastsigns or any other vinyl sign shop. If you would like me to check into it, I can run with it. Just didn't want to step over my bounds as a fairly new member. Jason if you want to contact me directly you can email me.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 07-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Tucson Beast

I think a white vinyl logo sticker on my back window right next to my white "Pink Floyd" stick would finish my black and white look.

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 07-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jason,
I think it would be fine as you could give these to your members and you would not be charging for these stickers, so GM couldn't say you were making money and those that you give the stickers to, you can ask for a small donation to help the website. I think most of us being H2 owners are good for a donation to come to a awesome site like this. Keep Us Posted.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:30 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey Guys,

Just for some info I called the guy that does a lot of tinting for me and he can certainly make the stickers. I actually gave him a dimmension of 4" h X 6"L, and told him we would want a few different colors, and he said the cost may be $4 each if there were not many ordered, and the cost would go down as the quantity rose. They could be done in a mater of 3 or 4 days, if he is given the art. The only thing that would need to be chosen are the exact colors of the vinyl, which I could certainly do.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 07-29-2003, 05:38 PM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason:
However I was previously contacted by GM/Hummer when I had the old store open (t-shirts, mugs, etc with the H2 Source Logo on them). They made me shut down the store becuase I was making money off their trademarks. Granted, I did make about $1-2/per item, just wanted you all to have the ability to get a shirt if you wanted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now why does this not surprise me that GM/Hummer would do something like this to the "little guy"

I imagine that GM/Hummer didn't want anyone using their letter/number combination of "H2"? Sort of reminds me of when Kenny G filed suit against Garth Brooks because Garth Brooks was using the letter "g" in his logo
Old 07-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Circuitguy

Jason,

I can get you all the stickers you need. Email me with the logos you want and al the details and I will get back to you with the price. BIG-C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason:
I would love to do that!

However I was previously contacted by GM/Hummer when I had the old store open (t-shirts, mugs, etc with the H2 Source Logo on them). They made me shut down the store becuase I was making money off their trademarks. Granted, I did make about $1-2/per item, just wanted you all to have the ability to get a shirt if you wanted.

I wonder if it would be ok to give out a sticker to those who "make a donation" to the site????

Anyone out there who can make vinyl stickers, send me an email?

Thanks for the idea.

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 07-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Kevin,

I too called Fast Signs and they will be supplying a quote to me. If you do not mind, I would prefer to take care of it, if I get quoted a similar price.

On the other hand, if I could "give" the business to a forum member, I am all for that!
Big-C, expect an email from me soon.

Will keep you all posted.

Jason
Old 07-29-2003, 11:18 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey Jason,

No prob, just took two minutes to get some info, at least now you have a basis to go by when talking to them.

Kevin

Old 07-29-2003, 11:41 PM

blg615 is off the scale

jason, I'll be a customer. Just tell us how and when.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Gary C is off the scale

To make a long story short, changing the logo by 10% wouldn't be infringing.

<font color=Gray>Pewter</font>, Lux, No Spare Anywhere , Ventvisors, Foose Wheels, Corsa Touring Exhaust, HID's
Old 07-30-2003, 09:22 PM

Paul L is off the scale

JASON has a great logo now!

the h2 source (less "by elcova")

make this sticker & I'll put on my h2

PL
Old 07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
H2 Club NY Chapter Founder

WHITE BEAST is off the scale

JASON, GREAT IDEA!

HOW DIFFICULT OR EXPENSIVE WOULD IT BE IF WE WOULD SOMEHOW ADD EACH TRUCK'S SCREEN-NAME ON EACH LABEL?

THIS WAY IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE WHO YOU ARE.

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR THIS.

EITHER WAY, I'M IN!

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav, DVD, Tuner, 3 Screens, Cold Air Intake, Chip, Vented Snorkels, Metal Dash & Mats, SMA - Gas Cover, Air Vent Cover, Hood Handles, A/C Vent Rings
Old 07-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Circuitguy

I can do it,would'ent be too hard to do...I will speak to Jason about it very soon. BIG-C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WHITE BEAST:
JASON, GREAT IDEA!

HOW DIFFICULT OR EXPENSIVE WOULD IT BE IF WE WOULD SOMEHOW ADD EACH TRUCK'S SCREEN-NAME ON EACH LABEL?

THIS WAY IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE WHO YOU ARE.

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR THIS.

EITHER WAY, I'M IN!

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav, DVD, Tuner, 3 Screens, Cold Air Intake, Chip, Vented Snorkels, Metal Dash & Mats, SMA - Gas Cover, Air Vent Cover, Hood Handles, A/C Vent Rings<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 07-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Can we make the "H2" look like the real font!