H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale
Default New Leather color....Photoshop help requested

I am finally getting around to replacing the leather in my truck after saying I was going to do it for 2 years now. Fact of the matter is I dont think I could ever sell my truck with the current leather condition/quality. I have always liek the saddle brown in the BMWs(i like the Sedona as well which is a little more orangish) so im thinking something along those lines. After researching the leather that seems to be the best is Katzkin and the closest color to what i am looking for is the Tuscany Amaretto. After seeing the Amaretto in person here is the most accurate representation of the color I could find:

OK so the problem is they cannot do the door inserts or the console lid to match so im concerned how this will flow with my existin ebony interior(2005 Lux). Here are a couple options i would love to be able to see in my truck from the one with the skils!:

Amaretto with black piping

Amaretto with black inserts(i dont think i will like this but again, trying to make everything flow):

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 03-02-2009, 06:29 AM
Hummer Authority

Default Re: New Leather color....Photoshop help requested

Oh and here is a link to a bunch of factory pictures for chopping:

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/112.../261987#31.jpg

Old 03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

The leather in the truck is THAT bad?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Hummer Authority

Yes it is terrible, the top layer of the leather has been peeling off since 30K. Hummer is willing to subsidize a new interior for me for the wonderful price of 3K and I will still be stuck with gm crap wheras for 1,200 I can have top of the line Katzkin which is leaps and bounds nicer.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Hummer Authority

Never mind the photoshop request(although I feel like i may be speaking to myself). I found pictures of the new King Ranch Expedition and its all i need to see to know i will like this.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:26 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a suggestion.

If you want to send me your trim pieces, I can dye them to match the leather.

I don't do it myself , I have an in-house interior guy at my shop. He's REALLY good.

He could also do your console.

Let me know if I can help.

Mark
Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

ehaser is on a distinguished road

I love it man. My 05 sut has 25k on the odo andthe beige colored leather already looks like ****. Recently, I blew out my left knee and have been wearing a brace. Problem is that my brace keeps rubbing the leather and it's all ripped up now. Sucks. As if the dealer is going to cover it now! Sucks even worse. Let me know how it turns out. Best of luck
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
Never mind the photoshop request(although I feel like i may be speaking to myself). I found pictures of the new King Ranch Expedition and its all i need to see to know i will like this.

Looks SWEET!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

Let me know how it goes with Katzkin. I also wanted to go that way, but my local installer said I would have to give up the seat heater unless I went with the factory stuff.

Apparently the heater is sewn into the factory covers and Katzkin can not make a replacement ???

If true, I believe I'm going to give up the heater, don't use it anyway.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Hummer Authority

I will certainly let you know how it goes, but my installer says they can cut the heating elements out of the existing seat covers and re use them. I have had some shops tell me they cannot do it, so i just kept calling till I recieve teh answer i wanted.

Mark I really appreciate your offer. I am actually looking locally to see if i can get someone to do it. Apparently I can buy the material for the console(i found a shop that will do the side panels) from Katzkin for $50.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Just to clarify, I was talking about the plastic side panels at the base of the seat.

Nonetheless, if I can help, let me know.

Mark
Old 03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Hummer Authority

Mark I was way off but that may be a good idea. Im going to get the leather installed then see if need more brown to blend in. Great suggestion.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

xZach is on a distinguished road

Love that style leather... would look awesome in an H2, as long as the interior is black... right?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZach
Love that style leather... would look awesome in an H2, as long as the interior is black... right?

Yes, i have the ebony interior.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

xZach is on a distinguished road

Then I bet this would look good. If you get it and still want more of that color instead of just the seats, maybe you should try a little wood trim as well
Old 03-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmm.....why not go back to black?

I think that expedition looks great! There is the console cover to match and some door panels, right? I've always preferred the black to the sedona in the Hummer, but I can see that King Ranch Expedition looks

My interior in my H2 has been great! I can't believe that some of you guys have so much trouble, but then again, I'm not running around on short trips during the day. My traveling is mostly long distance stuff and when I'm home, I'm confined to the house.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROX
mmmm.....why not go back to black?

I think that expedition looks great! There is the console cover to match and some door panels, right? I've always preferred the black to the sedona in the Hummer, but I can see that King Ranch Expedition looks

My interior in my H2 has been great! I can't believe that some of you guys have so much trouble, but then again, I'm not running around on short trips during the day. My traveling is mostly long distance stuff and when I'm home, I'm confined to the house.

Gm leather sucks, but mine sucks REALLY bad. My back seat was PEELING and at this point i did not have any kids so it was only sat in a couple of times. It doesnt matter what distnace you are traveling if the leather is peeling and it is very rarely used.

I bought my the LUX b/c i liked teh black on black. But now that I am buying new leather i have options and I do want something different, but yet maintain a look as if it came from the factory this way. It may also make me feel like i have a new truck and may prevent me from buying a new one(i love my truck, no need for anything else besides the horrific interior). The door panel leather(actually its vinyl) comes with the kit but i have the option of ordering additional material to have the armrest done by a local upholstery shop. First i am just having the door panels done but more than likely i will opt to do the center console as well. The kit shoudl arrive any day so this time next week my ride should be pimped!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Gm leather sucks, but mine sucks REALLY bad. My back seat was PEELING and at this point i did not have any kids so it was only sat in a couple of times. It doesnt matter what distnace you are traveling if the leather is peeling and it is very rarely used.

I bought my the LUX b/c i liked teh black on black. But now that I am buying new leather i have options and I do want something different, but yet maintain a look as if it came from the factory this way. It may also make me feel like i have a new truck and may prevent me from buying a new one(i love my truck, no need for anything else besides the horrific interior). The door panel leather(actually its vinyl) comes with the kit but i have the option of ordering additional material to have the armrest done by a local upholstery shop. First i am just having the door panels done but more than likely i will opt to do the center console as well. The kit shoudl arrive any day so this time next week my ride should be pimped!

I CAN'T wait to see PICS!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Gm leather sucks, but mine sucks REALLY bad. My back seat was PEELING and at this point i did not have any kids so it was only sat in a couple of times. It doesnt matter what distnace you are traveling if the leather is peeling and it is very rarely used. !

I have to agree. I've always been a GM man but the leather in my Corvettes, Yukons, Hummers have all taking a beating.

Boss, just in case you don't do the katskinz, you know you can have the leather repaired to get you a few more years, right? This goes for any of ya'll that may not be happy with your seats.

When I was looking for an SUT, I found one I liked until we took it for a test drive and I had a friend drive so I could check out the back.

I then realized that they had taken a spray can and sprayed the back seats to "renew" them.

Guess that was their way of fixing them...

I ended up buying the SUT I have now. The truck was in such perfect shape that I didn't even look at the back seats.

Once I got home, I happened to sit in the back seats and guess what? Yup, someone had attempted to dye the entire back seats. They were a much better job than the guy with the spray bomb but they were all cracked if you looked carefully.

Anyway, the point is I took laquer thinner and stripped the entire back seats and front seats.

I then called the guy that I was going to use to dye your interior parts and had him come over and dye my seats.

If they are done correctly, they are still soft and look perfect.

Obviously, replacing the leather will make them last longer but a couple of hours and a few hundred bucks will give you at least a couple of years.

The trick is to have someone that knows what they are doing and use the right materials. Everyone has seen the cars that the dealers have sold with the hard paint sprayed on the seats that end up cracking and usually dyeing your pants as you sit. Well, if it's done right, they look perfect.

Just a suggestion to anyone else that wants their seats looking better without spending a crapload of money.

Mark
Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Proctor Hummer in Tallahassee offerred to do the spray thing to my seats but is easily 2.5 hours from me and I would have to pay for a night or two in a hotel so i decided i would just do it right, ive been wanting to do this anyway.

BTW, you have some cojones for stripping down your seats with Laquer thinner! This may be an idea for me though. I can pay to have this done with my existing leather, then sell them on ebay to recoup some of the expense.