H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Pissed About Parts

Ok, after reading another person's post, I decided I am too pissed off about this to not let enyone know, so here we go-

I went to GM last week to order some parts, interior trim panels to be specific. Been trying to fix all the busted ones (Cheap bullshiz). Anyway, come to find out GM has stopped making several of them, and I mean a lot of them. Had to push the year out all the way to 2007 on the part numbers just to find some of them, and even still they have stopped making many of them. So pissed off about it! I wanted to come home and write a letter to GM about it and tell everyone I know to do the same because I was so mad about this. How could they turn their backs on us after we went out and bought some of the most expensive cars on their line for the last several years? I can understand that they wanted to pull back on making as many, or any of them for that matter, but keep making the parts for hell's sake you morons!

Hummer was GM's lambo for the most part and I am sure the cost of them more than paid for the cost to build it, so where is the love? I know someone out there is a Hummer owner and is in politics or in some position of power; I need you to go and talk to whoever one of your buddies goes golfing with CEO of GM and get them back to keeping their most valuable customers happy, get them to remember their loyalty programs and keep taking care of us Hummer owners as I am sure we have done more than our part to keep GM afloat with our money that was paid for their cars.

Sorry to be lengthy, had to get it out though. Hopefully someone in a position of power hears this.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 08-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pissed About Parts

I'm surprised they found some at all..

you would think at the high prices their charging they could restart production of them and charge a little extra, an entire door panel can't be more then $60 of parts, sure union labor is probably $400 an hour, but still aren't they required to supply parts for so many years after a vehicle is made
Old 08-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road

Hi i think they are to stock parts for 5 or 7 years but if they don't have them what is just a few owners going to do to Gm good luck. I have a 2008 suv and i had to wait 7 weeks to get the 2 transmissions lines that were leaking at the rubber crip and my truck was under warranty, talk about being PISSED OFF.

2008 H2 SUV
Starr Hid projector headlights
Hid lights in the DRL bumper holes
Custom Alum. light bar, 2 Rigid Industries 10 inch Leds
MC2 Roof Light Bar
24 inch Starr 770 Hammer Rims
Gen 6 Lockpick
Gm bluetooth
Front + Rear Camera's

73 Duster 588 ci. B1 injected akly with NOS
Supercharged 2002 Harley, E Glide Classic
2005 Screamin Eagle, E Glide

http://twrbaggersplus.com/

Last edited by twr : 08-05-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road

By law isn't it 7 years they have to have replacement parts for?
Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

That's what I though, but apparently they can do whatever the hell they want. Either way, I will keep my Humm as it is now a collectors item, but I don't know how I am going to feel about buying any more GM's going forward after this. Just not happy with how they have handled the Hummer brand, or the people that paid the most for their cars.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)