H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-23-2002, 02:40 PM

SJ is off the scale

Winter brought us another storm and about 5' of the powdery stuff. We live on a steep and narrow mountain road, so I'm always a big fan of traction.

Making a long story short; the H2 simply grips all the way up/down our hill. I didn't have time to plow our road, but the H2 powered through the few powdery walls that it confronted. It's a keeper! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, saved a poor little BMW X5 and was smacked by a Chevy Trailblazer [no damage to the H2, despite the rather loud pop].
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-23-2002, 02:40 PM

SJ is off the scale

Winter brought us another storm and about 5' of the powdery stuff. We live on a steep and narrow mountain road, so I'm always a big fan of traction.

Making a long story short; the H2 simply grips all the way up/down our hill. I didn't have time to plow our road, but the H2 powered through the few powdery walls that it confronted. It's a keeper! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, saved a poor little BMW X5 and was smacked by a Chevy Trailblazer [no damage to the H2, despite the rather loud pop].
Old 12-23-2002, 03:48 PM

TJB is off the scale

I am glad to hear how well it did. I am headed up to Montana the day after x-mas, and hoping that the snow doesn't present a problem.
Any advice about the snow chain issue. I think that I will carry a pair, even though they don't fit, just to make it legal in California.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2002, 03:57 PM

SJ is off the scale

TJB:

You should be fine heading to Montana. I go to Missoula every 4 months or so and as long as you adhere to the major arteries/roads, I don't forsee any issues. The State Authority does a great job of keeping the roads clear up there; perhaps because there aren't many other jobs to be had - J/K. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I travel back and forth from the Bay Area to Tahoe on Highway 80 all the time. The CHP had a chain check enforced this weekend during the storm and they took one look at my tires and waved me through.

If you have M + S tires, you should be OK without chains. I cannot speak for Idaho's enforcement [en route to Montana], as I have always crossed-through that State at times when the road is entirely clear.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:49 PM

TS is off the scale

I was in Northshore the weekend of the first big storm a couple of weekends ago, glad I had the H2.. my friends couldnt get their Subaru out of their driveway, so I had to go "rescue" them. I'll be in southshore for new years, looking forward to some snow driving again. The H2 was really stable, even in 40mph cross winds over Donner Summit.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:18 PM

TJB is off the scale

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help. I thought it would be no problem.
Old 12-24-2002, 11:54 AM

SONA is off the scale

would love to see some pics of a H2 in some deep snow, doing that thing...

"Let me show you my gun collection"
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-26-2002, 01:46 AM

TJB is off the scale

Sounds great. Once I get back, and IF they have some good snow up there, I will post pics. My sons mother has friends up their who do alot of 4X4 in the winter. Will hook up with them and will bring a camera.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2002, 09:03 PM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Had the H2 in 2 feet of our lovely "Vermont Cee-ment" this weekend (nothing like your light, powdery stuff, SJ -- we're jealous), and it just powered through the unplowed. Funny, we've had a place in VT for years and never looked for stuff to explore, but now, we're loaded with topo maps and ready to go.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.