H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

cecil-1 is on a distinguished road
Default Center console F-ed up

My shifter surround/cup holder does not stay in place. The tabs are broken on the console they secure to. Surfing E-bay i found this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H2-CO...t_27 12wt_902
Anyone have em? How do ya like em?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Center console F-ed up

you will be wetsanding and having to reclear them. All that stock left has signs of shelf wear. But thats no big deal if you know how to do it.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

glennf1 is on a distinguished road

Just buy the clips at your local dealer and if you want any graphics my friends water transfer shop can do any graphics or carbon fiber look you want fairly inexpensively. Check out their site: www.sourcehydro.com
Old 05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mud thats good to know. Have ya used any of these? Do they fit close to stock pieces? I've used aftermarket parts that don't fit at all and look like s--t.

Glennf1 Wish I could but my clips on the cup holder are fine. It's the slots they snap into on the console that are gone.

These were going for $232 yesterday when I checked em out. Now they are going for $298 today on the same auction. Is the vendor on this forum? Thats my luck.

Last edited by cecil-1 : 05-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mister Peebody is on a distinguished road

I have them in my SUV. They look great. They are factory replacement part so they fit perfectly. The only issue is that switch hole in the part on the left side of the dash that contains the A/C vent. Don't know what the switch is supposed to be for so I cant even buy one to fill the hole. Also, in the ad it says no air vents included but most of them were in the set I got. Only the rear vents were missing.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the reply Mister Peebody. I contacted SAE and inquired about the price. They said it was on sale but just went back off. they are shipping me a set at the $232. I can't wait to get em. This cupholder jumping around every time i grab my coffee cup is annoying as hell.

Does anyone know what that switch hole is for? And can ya still get the switch from GM?

Last edited by cecil-1 : 05-22-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Heated washer switch...they fit great.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mud. I checked with the local GM parts department and they don't list a heated washer switch for an 03. Are ya talking about the switch for 08-09 h2's? Do you know if they make a block off plate(plug) for the opening? Or if any other GM switches will fit?
Sorry for all the ?'s. I haven't been able to get anywhere with the gm parts guy.

The dash kit came in and looks great. The E-bay auction stated it didn't come with the vents but i did get all the front vents with it.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

how is the overall condition of everything?

i am interested in this just for the carbon fiber look, and i have $$ burning a hole in my paypal acct.

im fine with some scratchs, but if it is all scratched up...
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil-1
Mud. I checked with the local GM parts department and they don't list a heated washer switch for an 03. Are ya talking about the switch for 08-09 h2's? Do you know if they make a block off plate(plug) for the opening? Or if any other GM switches will fit?
Sorry for all the ?'s. I haven't been able to get anywhere with the gm parts guy.

The dash kit came in and looks great. The E-bay auction stated it didn't come with the vents but i did get all the front vents with it.

dang really? That's the one thing that pushes me off is the no vent deflectors. They are expensive to buy 4 big ones and 2 small ones for a complete set. What about the scratches-how did they look? I've been watching that auction forever!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

I only have a couple very small scratches on these ya have to really look for em to even spot em. The vents for the rear pass.vents just pop out of the old piece and snap into the new one. If your thinking about em.....get em. They look BADASS. I'm very happy with em. Just need to find what will fit in the hole next to the headlight switch. My local GM parts guy can't figure it out.

Anyone?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:08 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

I've searched to death about that switch and from what I understand it has been discontinued for quite some time. Most people just find a switch from Radio Shack or anywhere else that fits the hole
Old 06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Hummer Professional

PaHumBug is on a distinguished road

Yeah just buy a push button from radio shack, and a train horn from hornblasters.com, and you'll be happy that hole was there...
Old 06-02-2012, 04:47 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil-1

You will not find the GM part. They were all pulled w/ the recall. There are a few buttons from radioshack that will fit.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
dang really? That's the one thing that pushes me off is the no vent deflectors. They are expensive to buy 4 big ones and 2 small ones for a complete set. What about the scratches-how did they look? I've been watching that auction forever!

All those dash pieces DID come w/ the vent deflectors, all DC outlets, buttons, plastic bucket on the rear of the center console, rear radio controls, etc. Only item not included was the heated washer switch. Whats you are seeing is old stock thats had parts raided from it.

Just pull the vents from your stock pieces. Paint them black and put them on the new panels.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:17 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any pictures of these installed?

I am wondering how these would look with my factory tan and silver 03 interior
Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

I have these in mine from SAE, they worked out pretty good, just had to take the vents and a few clips from my old setup and popped them in the new ones. I got the carbon fiber ones, they do not look bad at all for the price and they fit just fine. I was a little pissed off about the hole in there for the window washer heater switch, still trying to find something to shove in there so that it doesn't look so stupid.

Other than that, you really just cannot beat the price for all of these parts. Especially when you know all of GM's garbage interior trim parts are going to break eventually anyways.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

do they only come in carbon fiber?
does anyone have pictures of them installed?
and do they offer the plastic dash piece that is closest to the windshield and has the hole for the temp sensor? (some how I ended up with a small 1 inch crack in that piece)