H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-26-2002, 05:22 PM

sarge is off the scale

Hello everyone,

All of you with an H2, Congrats. My wife and I are looking into purchasing one and have found out that my mother receives a supplier disount from GM. The discount can be given to immediate family members and I have checked, includes the H2. I do not know the exact savings, but we leased a 2001 Monte Carlo using this family savings and the lease was $4500.00 less. If you are curious if you may be able to request the savings certificate, go to www.gmsuppliers.net. This will list the companies that are entitled to the pricing. It is roughly 4% greater than the employee pricing.

General questions:
My wife is worried about ease of driving. Any concerns or comments?
What is the height of the H2?
Any options to get or not to get?

Thanks
sarge
Old 12-26-2002, 05:22 PM

sarge is off the scale

Hello everyone,

All of you with an H2, Congrats. My wife and I are looking into purchasing one and have found out that my mother receives a supplier disount from GM. The discount can be given to immediate family members and I have checked, includes the H2. I do not know the exact savings, but we leased a 2001 Monte Carlo using this family savings and the lease was $4500.00 less. If you are curious if you may be able to request the savings certificate, go to www.gmsuppliers.net. This will list the companies that are entitled to the pricing. It is roughly 4% greater than the employee pricing.

General questions:
My wife is worried about ease of driving. Any concerns or comments?
What is the height of the H2?
Any options to get or not to get?

Thanks
sarge
Old 12-26-2002, 05:46 PM

SJ is off the scale

Sarge:

The H2 is easy to drive for such a large vehicle. If you've ever owned a full-size truck, SUV, or even a large sedan; the H2 should be a quick study.

Height is a bit less than 78" w/o the sliding crossbars. Further, my H2 fits in a standard residential garage with the cross bars mounted.

As far as options to get; I think it depends on how you intend to use your H2. Options such as off-road lights, sidesteps, and brush guard are all subjective details.

I find that my H2 has more frills than I really need. As a result, I would have preferred to pay a bit less and decline on the moonroof, sidesteps, and 3rd row seat. I seldom use the moonroof and the sidesteps remain in storage and collect dust, but that doesn't mean that you won't find these options very practical.

Have a look at the different options on the dealer's lot and you'll get an idea of how you'll want your H2 equipped.

Best of Luck.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-26-2002, 09:44 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

sarge-

I tried your link but it didn't work for me.

-HUMMERDOGG
Old 12-27-2002, 01:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis is off the scale

Sarge,
I qualify too for the GM Supplier discount. The bad news is that I couldn't find a dealer withing 1400 miles that would honor it. It's at the dealer's option to participate. I got so cranky when I discovered the dealers were not participating (despite what it says on the GM Supplier discount page) that I fired off a letter to GM CEO Rick Waggoner. Not surprisingly I haven't gotten a response. I really didin't expect to see the H2 discounted but they should know better than to include it in the discount list.
-Dennis
Old 12-27-2002, 01:57 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

There was a talk on this subject. Some (NY & NM) went to buy the Hummers in Detroit MI, the first Hummer dealership built for Hummer only. They honor the GM supplier program there.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:01 AM

JJ is off the scale

That's right, I called four dealers in the Detroit Area and they all are participating in the GM Supplier's Program. If you're interested in the dealer I went to send me a private topic.

JJ
Old 12-27-2002, 12:25 PM

sarge is off the scale

Glad that this is helpful to some.

SJ- Thanks for the info.We are going to look this weekend and see how she how she feels about the H2. Have a good weekend

sarge
Old 12-27-2002, 03:43 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Sarge, do what I did, have you wife drive the Hummer, she will be impressed. At test drive I only drove a few blocks, my wife did all of the driving after that, including going over obstacles, she "decided" we should buy the Hummer. The Hummer salesman was smart, my wife did not want to drive it, but the salesman insisted that she takes over the wheel, she loved it so much she did not even offer to give the wheel back to me.

We heard on the CBS news, 30% Hummer buyers are women, most of the remaining 70% men bought it only because their wivies approved it.
Old 12-27-2002, 05:26 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

I just saw a guy in my little hometown parking his lovely yellow H2, and stopped and chatted. He could neither confirm nor deny that he had gotten the discount, but he did say he was already a customer of the dealership for 10 years, "and uh, I really shouldn't say."

The dealership confirmed that they had given the discount to repeat customers, and they would be alotting mine 'soon.'

We'll see. . . it's either going to be them very soon, or the dealership that wants my business more.

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"
www.sunspotnatural.com
Old 12-27-2002, 09:35 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Try it. It drives BIG. It rides Big. It looks BIG, but when it comes to parking and manuvers, it is very nimble. Much more nimble than you would expect.

Bonnie won't drive it, she is terrified to drive it. BUT, she loves it more than any other vehicle we owned and that says lot because we owned Ferraris and THAT's an awesome ride as well!

Bonnie only drives SUV's because of an Hummerboy type accident she had driving a compact vehicle. She drives a Grand Cherokee and has driven our Z-71 Tahoe, but she thinks the Hummer is a little large for her drive. One of these days, we'll get her in it.

As to your questions, It is a blast to drive and I do not have any concerns. Bonnie loves to ride in it.

As for options, get all you can get. I prefer the off-road grill guards to a Hummer without them. Just my preference.

It's 83 inches tall with the rack cross bars. JUST does fit in a 84 inch garage door opening, providing it is a roll up.

Enjoy

HeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-28-2002, 03:44 AM

JJ is off the scale

Take an H2 out for at least an hour and drive it in-city and on the highway/interstate. Make sure your wife gets equal time behind the wheel. Mine was impressed and strongly encouraged me to buy the H2 (we were looking at an Envoy XL). She likes the secure feeling of sitting up high and like me loves the heated seats on the Lux option - on a long trip those heated seats are heavenly.

have a good time this weekend

JJ