H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had an Alarm installed today and during the install the installer noticed underneath the driver side door mat a ton of water, he said it was like a puddle. Passenger side does not have this. Now my first suspicion is the location where my XTC off road lights wire is siliconed to get into the cabin through the roof. Still need to look at that further.

Anyone else hear of any issues with taking in water I this location?

Also, I have noticed a few weeks ago (not recent) a water drip at the on star microphone located on the ceiling of the H2 on the driver side…

Thoughts?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Had an Alarm installed today and during the install the installer noticed underneath the driver side door mat a ton of water, he said it was like a puddle. Passenger side does not have this. Now my first suspicion is the location where my XTC off road lights wire is siliconed to get into the cabin through the roof. Still need to look at that further.

Also, I have noticed a few weeks ago (not recent) a water drip at the on star microphone located on the ceiling of the H2 on the driver side…

Thoughts?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

In the past a leak has been discussed coming through the marker light.
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...625#8926086625
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...625#8826086625
Another place:
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...801#1551061801

Just type in "water leak" using the "Find" tab. You will probably find your problem there. There are other links.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:53 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

JVM....If you used like common clear silicone, that does not adhere well to the rubber boots in vehicles. Get RTV adhesive silicone. My bet is it's where your XTC light wire is coming through marker light.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Las Vegas,
Do you call me JVM instead of JMV on purpose. I noticed you have done that a few times.

Thanks Ken and Las Vegas, I will look at thoses links and to a closer look at the marker light-

Joe
Old 03-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe,
Take off the "A" pillar garnish. If it is wet behind it, than it is the marker light. If it is dry, then look at the rubber boot that surrounds the wiring harness where it passes through the front door jamb. That was where my truck was leaking from.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Thanks Spike!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

JMV1210, Mine did the same after the dealer installed my SMA light bar, first they claim it was the door seal and ordered a new kit, the install it and 2 days later the water was back in the cabin under the driver's carpet well after 3 trips and 3 1/2 weeks later the problem was where they passed the wire harness under the roof driver side marker, thay had to re-seal it with silicone and now for 2 weeks and multiple car washes it still dry; so it seems that thay fix it this time Good luck and let us know if you are able to fix it.
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 03-30-2005, 12:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMV1210:
Las Vegas,
Do you call me JVM instead of JMV on purpose. I noticed you have done that a few times.

Thanks Ken and Las Vegas, I will look at thoses links and to a closer look at the marker light-

Joe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damn, I'm sorry JMV . Honest mistake. Must be getting dyslexic.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Fever is off the scale

I know the first year is free and I didn't plan on renewing. I pulled up my account online and it shows to expire in 2006 . It was nice to have when the check engine light came on and they ran diagnostics for me. Paragon is right though about the airbag scenario. Peace of mind does carry a value albeit different to each other.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:13 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Hummer Veteran

posted 03-29-05 06:50 PM
I know the first year is free and I didn't plan on renewing. I pulled up my account online and it shows to expire in 2006 . It was nice to have when the check engine light came on and they ran diagnostics for me. Paragon is right though about the airbag scenario. Peace of mind does carry a value albeit different to each other.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 03-30-2005, 04:02 AM

hummerNCO is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by JMV1210:
QUOTE]

Boy have I…

I have been dealing with this all winter. This year LA has been particularly rainy. I first noticed my driver floor flooded last January 12 after hearing water sloshing at a stop. I took it to Pasadena Hummer and 8 days later got it back having all the marker lights on the roof sealed.

February 11 there was more sloshing and the carpet was flooded again. I took it back to Pasadena Hummer where they re-sealed the windshield. That took 5 days.

I thought that was it since they said they had actually traced the leak to the windshield.

February 19 there was a good hard rain while my truck was parked outside at work. It sat in the rain for several hours before I went to lunch and checked the floor. It was dry so I thought the leak had been fixed. I pulled out of the parking lot and saw a nice puddle about 90 feet across and 4 to 6 inches deep. I hit that and sprayed water at least 20 feet across the sidewalk. I had a great time until I looked down and saw that I now had about half of an inch of water sloshing around on my floor. I was now convinced that the leak was not from the roof. I had read on this forum that Cerritos Hummer had great service so I decided to try my luck there.

I took my truck to Cerritos Hummer on Feb 21. John, one of the service consultants, explained that he had several H2’s in thr shop that were leaking from the firewall seams and that GM had people out here from back east working on a fix but they were unsuccessful so far. They gave me a rental and my truck was there for 3 days. I did have other work done, including an update to the software that I had seen discussed in another thread.

When I picked up my truck, there was still a half inch of water on the driver floor and the truck had a musty smell. The best they could do was to vacuum out the water and send me on my way. I was told that my VIN had been sent to GM and they would call me if/when a fix for the leaking firewall was issued.

When I got home I pulled back the carpet to dry the pad. I looked for evidence of water from the firewall and from the rubber boot in the door jam having seen a post about a leak from there. I found no indication that water was coming from the firewall or from the rubber boot in the door jam. Also, by the amount of water that flooded my floor in the short time I drove through that puddle I figured that the leak must be quite large. What I discovered was a plug on the driver’s floor. I thought this must be the source of the leak so I covered it from underneath with Rigger’s tape (like duct tape but stronger) and made arrangements to go back to Cerritos Hummer and have it sealed.

I also looked at the passenger side to see if there was a plug there since I had no water on that side. I found there was a hole but it had been sealed at the factory even before the painting process with a metal plate and body sealer.

March 7, Cerritos Hummer sealed that plug and confirmed that they could not find any indication of water leaking form the firewall. They even left the Rigger’s tape in place. I picked up the truck on March 10 and pulled back the carpet. The pad was still damp and I asked why they did not think it necessary to dry the pad. John then offered to order a new pad. It has come in but I have not had time to have it installed yet.

We had another hard rain the night of March 22. I drove for a couple of hours on the Freeway to Corona and back. The next day I pulled the carpet back and found the pad was sopping wet and water seemed to be coming from the center area of the truck under the driver’s seat. I could not pull the carpet back any further without taking out the seat. I could not find any other obvious points of leakage from underneath the truck and the area by the firewall and the door were dry.

I took the truck to Cerritos Hummer March 24 and said I think it is still leaking. The plan now is to install the new pad next week, inspect the floor with the seats, carpet and pad out, and see if there is any pooling or obvious leaks. Then, drive it in the next rain and see if the new pad gets wet.

So yeah, you can say I have heard of issues with taking on water in this location.

The first 3 pictures are of the plug on the driver’s side. The last two are the sealed hole on the passenger’s side from inside and from underneath.

BTW…what the f**k is fever talking about?
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 04:26 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW…what the f**k is fever talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think he mean't to post that in the "onstar renewal" thread guys.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:28 AM

hummerNCO ..... that's a real bummer. I'd sure watch for rust and I'd make them fix absolutely everything after the leak is found. Not acceptable in any vehicle.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:55 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto Vegas. Also, be sure to speak with Lynette Ybarra (Customer Satisfaction Liaisons) and Mike Sabarresi (Service Mgr.) and make sure they know how many times you've been back with this problem.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by HNCO:
BTW…what the f**k is fever talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No kediiing. I toughtt mybran skipted abeaats.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fever:
I know the first year is free and I didn't plan on renewing. I pulled up my account online and it shows to expire in 2006 . It was nice to have when the check engine light came on and they ran diagnostics for me. Paragon is right though about the airbag scenario. Peace of mind does carry a value albeit different to each other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drinking and posting and this is what happens-
Old 03-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Hummer Expert

So during the first sunny day here in NJ I took a look at where the wire makes its way into the cabin through the roof light and see the black silicone actually moving freely and was no longer bonded to the roof. I bet that’s where the leak is coming from; most likely why I got the water through the on star microphone.

Anyway, I bought some RV Silicone and plan to re silicone it tonight before tomorrows rain.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMV1210:
So during the first sunny day here in NJ I took a look at where the wire makes its way into the cabin through the roof light and see the black silicone actually moving freely and was no longer bonded to the roof. I bet that’s where the leak is coming from; most likely why I got the water through the on star microphone.

Anyway, I bought some RV Silicone and plan to re silicone it tonight before tomorrows rain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Like I said JMV1210, clear silicone doesn't bond well to these rubber boots...hey got your name right again!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

If you had just heeded Jonahs' (LasVegas') first post...