H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-29-2004, 05:43 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Ok. I checked my resume, according to it I'm a fairly intelligent and educated person. I have some experience with basic auto wiring. Black to black' red to red etc. Yesterday I got the Billet side vents on ( 2 minutes) installed the Realwheel air horns up to the wiring part.. The black wire to the existing "+" horn wire is no problem, I just splice in.. Now the part I'm having trouble with..
** Take the Red wire and install to "ignition activated" accessory terminal in fuse panel.. ** I know what it means. I just can't figure out where in the hell to actual hook it up to. I took cover off the fuse panel under the hood and it's cover. can't see where I can hook into... I looked at the inside panel and it is kind of apain to see anything, even with my Grandpa reading glasses.

I would prefer not to go thru the firewall if I didn't need to.. Also concerned with it drawing too much causing an overload if I splice in too another accessory. This wire will run the compressor and has a 20amp in line fuse.

OK you wiring wizards please give me a simple easy answer.. I kind of wanted to do the complete install myself, however I think I may need to take to someone who knows what the hell they are doing. No trouble with minor mech. stuff like the brushguard, billet vents, hood latches etc. and th emuffle shop just called my Corsa Sport exhaust is installed and ready to go.

Mike

Mike
Old 01-29-2004, 05:43 PM

Ok. I checked my resume, according to it I'm a fairly intelligent and educated person. I have some experience with basic auto wiring. Black to black' red to red etc. Yesterday I got the Billet side vents on ( 2 minutes) installed the Realwheel air horns up to the wiring part.. The black wire to the existing "+" horn wire is no problem, I just splice in.. Now the part I'm having trouble with..
** Take the Red wire and install to "ignition activated" accessory terminal in fuse panel.. ** I know what it means. I just can't figure out where in the hell to actual hook it up to. I took cover off the fuse panel under the hood and it's cover. can't see where I can hook into... I looked at the inside panel and it is kind of apain to see anything, even with my Grandpa reading glasses.

I would prefer not to go thru the firewall if I didn't need to.. Also concerned with it drawing too much causing an overload if I splice in too another accessory. This wire will run the compressor and has a 20amp in line fuse.

OK you wiring wizards please give me a simple easy answer.. I kind of wanted to do the complete install myself, however I think I may need to take to someone who knows what the hell they are doing. No trouble with minor mech. stuff like the brushguard, billet vents, hood latches etc. and th emuffle shop just called my Corsa Sport exhaust is installed and ready to go.

Mike

Mike
Old 01-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dick Renaud is off the scale

Mike,
I will email you the fuse layout.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:13 PM

Thanks for help.. I know it sounds simply if you are into elec. wiring I'm not really well versed in it...

I will give it a try.

Mike