H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Now that more of us have brought our H3's home, I was wondering if you would mind sharing what your paying in insurance? The reason I ask is that I went from a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Blazer (sticker @ 30,4070) to H3 Adventure (sticker at 33,714) and my insurance went from $1,300 year to 2,500 year? I figured a bump as the vehicle cost more and rates tend to go up every year, but close to double? (This is the only thing that changed, I didn't move, get a ticket..anything)
Old 07-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hi All,

Now that more of us have brought our H3's home, I was wondering if you would mind sharing what your paying in insurance? The reason I ask is that I went from a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Blazer (sticker @ 30,4070) to H3 Adventure (sticker at 33,714) and my insurance went from $1,300 year to 2,500 year? I figured a bump as the vehicle cost more and rates tend to go up every year, but close to double? (This is the only thing that changed, I didn't move, get a ticket..anything)
Old 07-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MisterE:
Hi All,

Now that more of us have brought our H3's home, I was wondering if you would mind sharing what your paying in insurance? The reason I ask is that I went from a 2003 Chevy ZR2 Blazer (sticker @ 30,4070) to H3 Adventure (sticker at 33,714) and my insurance went from $1,300 year to 2,500 year? I figured a bump as the vehicle cost more and rates tend to go up every year, but close to double? (This is the only thing that changed, I didn't move, get a ticket..anything) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got my bill for my H3 and it was only $95 more than the 2003 explorer I traded in.I pay rite around $1300 a year for the Hummer.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:11 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

MR E, that is crazy... WAY TOOOO MUCH
Old 07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Whew!! I totally freaked out when I opened the policy renewal, glad to know that this is BS!

I have calls into a bunch of other places, Progessive is 1,500 per year if I pay in 6 month blocks...so I big difference.

I was also told that Hummer parts are harder to get so they do not get the same repair rate discounts as 'normal' vehicles? (This is AAA)? I give them that it isn't a huge production number, but it is a domestic vehicle that shares many common parts with other GM platforms...how hard can it be to get parts?

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just logged into my Progressive account to get a quote and the H3 isn't even available on the site yet. Guess I will have to check into this a little more before I take delivery

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Alot of insurance people mistake the Hummer as a lux price vehicle or give you the rate for the H1 or H2 because their info. is not updated. Make sure they have the correct model, if so switch that is just crazy.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hi All,

Thanks for you swift replies! After talking to AAA a glitch was discoved, the credit rating. For some reason, my new credit rating hadn't been processed properly so I was pushed down to a level 2 discount instead of the level 7 I should have been at. This makes TOTAL sense, because if I miss paying my bill on time it MUST mean that I am speeding around and driving erratically! Seriously, it came down to a more reasonable $1,580 per year (10 payments).

Again, thanks for all the input!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats good news E. I have never understood what the hell your credit score has to do with the cost of insurance. I know people with AAA+++ credit with horrible driving records and people with **** credit with clean records. What does it matter other than if you might miss a payment or not

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

MxHonda is off the scale

Just another excuse to get into your pocket a little deeper...My wife is an insurance broker and says that the industry in whole frowns upon this and it is mostly used in AUTO Insurance to pad the bottom line
Old 07-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

YO SUP!
My ins. is w/ farmers $1102.00 per year.
50/50, $1000.00 deductable, multi car discount.
not to bad! JP'S-H3
Old 07-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

Mine actually went down. I was paying $128 per month for my 2001 Escape and now pay $100 per month for the new H3. The broker says that since nobody has crashed one or written one off yet that it gets a high rating. It also has a great crash rating and has never been stolen yet. Go figure....
Old 07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

woyster_h3 is off the scale

My H3 is covered through State Farm. I pay $639.41 per 6 months for $500 deductible ($50 other than collision) and a couple discounts. I guess that isn't too bad.
Offroad Suspension Package, 33" Tires, Electronic Fully Locking Differential, 4.03:1 2-speed Transfer Case, Ebony Cloth Trim, Automatic Transmission, Sunroof, Roof Marker Lamps, Fog Lamps, XM Satellite Radio, CD/MP3 Player, Trailering Package, Black Tube Nerf Bars
Old 07-08-2005, 09:23 PM

Lucci is off the scale

I pay 781.20 per year with American Family Insurance. 1000 deduct collision and 0 deduct Comprehensive. Live in Wisconsin
Old 07-08-2005, 11:29 PM

bryan062087 is off the scale

if ppl who posted their insurance rate only could post their insurance company, i'd be a happy boy.

oh if your insurance company is not available in TN, dont bother =)
Old 07-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

My insurance rate is only 15% more that I was paying on my 2001 Isuzu Vehicross. Very reasonable, but USAA has very good insurance rates for retired military.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:01 PM

hutz13 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
Alot of insurance people mistake the Hummer as a lux price vehicle or give you the rate for the H1 or H2 because their info. is not updated. Make sure they have the correct model, if so switch that is just crazy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like that's what happened, probably somebody punching computer keys mis-categorized your H3 as a previous H1/H2 incarnation. The parts cost story is just blowing smoke by an agent looking for an easy out.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bryan062087:
if ppl who posted their insurance rate only could post their insurance company, i'd be a happy boy.

oh if your insurance company is not available in TN, dont bother =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried TN Farm Bureau? I just moved to MI from TN and TNFB gave me the best rates on a jeep Wrangler and Corvette, both cars 1300 per year. Can't aay for a H3, but they might be worth calling.

As for the credit rating...it works for homeowners and cars, and the reason is, if you are in debt up to your ears, the stats show you are more likely to commit insurance fraud.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:45 AM
Hummer Novice

EFnetOper is off the scale

We traded in our 98 VW Jetta for the H3 and our insurance went up $1.33 per month.

That was with Allstate