H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 PM

H2Newbie is off the scale

I just purchased a 2003 H2 with only 17K miles. I LOVE it. I just have one question: If I am riding down the Highway anything over 60 MPH. I hear a rumbling noise from the fron of the truck. It sounds like something is catching wind really bad. I can't tell if it is the wind shield or something from the hood. It get pretty loud at times. Has anyone heard this before.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 PM

I just purchased a 2003 H2 with only 17K miles. I LOVE it. I just have one question: If I am riding down the Highway anything over 60 MPH. I hear a rumbling noise from the fron of the truck. It sounds like something is catching wind really bad. I can't tell if it is the wind shield or something from the hood. It get pretty loud at times. Has anyone heard this before.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

GONEGOLFING is an unknown quantity at this point

Also check your marker lights on the top of the cab. After the dealer washed my 03 they knock one of the lights loose out of the rubber gromet it made the same type of wind slapping noise. Good luck..
Old 04-11-2005, 03:36 PM

Thanks, I made an appointment to take it in Monday.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:56 AM

GVME20 is off the scale

What was the outcome of your appointment regarding the wind noise?

Mike
Old 04-20-2005, 02:20 PM

SssH2 is off the scale

That sound could be coming from your sunroof wind deflector on top. I have heard the same thing in mine.

To fix that just drive faster

-SssH2
Old 04-20-2005, 02:54 PM

GVME20 is off the scale

Negative, the sunroof deflector was taken off the first week I owned the vehicle.

Mike
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Take some time to seal all the market lights with silacone and 03's have a major seal problem with the windshield. Also check to see if the recall or bulitin was done on the drain. The drain has to be replaced on the roof. It is a small tube. the dealer can run a search on your vin to see the work that was done on it under warrenty. Also check front dif. and seatbelt. Depending on when yours was built they were all recalls or service flashes.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:05 PM

I just got my H2 back late last night. They told me they resealed part of the windshield but no completely all the way around. After picking the truck up I took it out on the Highway for a test drive. The noise is better but not completely gone. @ 65 or faster it makes a popping sound on the driver side. I checked the lights on top and they seem secure. I do not have a sunroof. I called the dealer back and they told me I would have to take tem for a ride in it and let them hear the noise.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:07 PM

The lights on top seem fine but how do you seal them? I would do it if I knew how to do it?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

They pop out pretty easy if they have not been done before. get a tube of silacone and place a small beed along the edge of the light. You don't wantto go nuts incase you have to get it back out for a bulb replacement. The windshield seal has to totally be replaced to stop most windshild noise. this is a common problem with 03 and some 04 H2's If your truck is under warrenty then make them do it and take them for a drive. It is very costly if the windshiel seal has to come out.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 PM

Thanks,
Old 04-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Follow these instructions. They work every time, if you do it right.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service VME - Rattle from A Pillar Reveal Molding - keywords body interior noise panel part trim #PIT3518 - (Apr 5, 2005)
Service VME - Rattle From A Pillar Reveal Molding
2003-2005 Hummer H2

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in the PI.

SERVICE VME
A large number of H2 "A" pillar reveal moldings have been returned through the Warranty Parts Return Center with the customer complaint of a "rattle". The molding should not be replaced for this condition. Remove the molding and place double sided tape under the entire inboard edge where the molding contacts the windshield. Clean the windshield where the tape will make contact and reinstall the molding. This is, in fact, a more reliable repair than replacing the molding.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummertech, "This is, in fact, a more reliable repair than replacing the molding"

Had the truck in for heat shield noise, wind noise on passenger side and a leaking power steering pump and that's what (two sided tape) was done to mine, was wondering if they just "took a short cut" versus replacing them, sounds like they did it correctly and it did take care of the noise.

Thanks for the confirmation, Ed