PDA

View Full Version : Magnason SUpercharger Dismantling

MSeeb
10-15-2005, 06:05 PM
I received my new polished supercharger yesterday and noticed that Magnason only polishes the blower now and not the intake. Before I install it, I would like to take it in and have the lower portion of the supercharger polished out to match the blower. I would like to know if anyone on here has ever removed the blower from the intake portion of the supercharger. I cant see any bolts externally to hold the blower to the intake, so I assume the mounting bolts or studs are internal. Do you have to go in thru the blower, or take the intake manifold apart where it's halfed together to get to the blower bolts? Unfortunately Magnason is closed on the weekend so I cant call them. Also, anything odd I need to be aware of? Any of you SC guru's have any insight. Thanks

MSeeb
10-15-2005, 06:05 PM
I received my new polished supercharger yesterday and noticed that Magnason only polishes the blower now and not the intake. Before I install it, I would like to take it in and have the lower portion of the supercharger polished out to match the blower. I would like to know if anyone on here has ever removed the blower from the intake portion of the supercharger. I cant see any bolts externally to hold the blower to the intake, so I assume the mounting bolts or studs are internal. Do you have to go in thru the blower, or take the intake manifold apart where it's halfed together to get to the blower bolts? Unfortunately Magnason is closed on the weekend so I cant call them. Also, anything odd I need to be aware of? Any of you SC guru's have any insight. Thanks

HGW
10-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Mseb:

I will have the answer tomorrow. I have to go to my shop and look at mine.

I would not call MAg because they will void your warranty if they know you took it apart--even if it only the mnaifiold.

MSeeb
10-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks HGW. If it's easier & you still have my cell number give me a call. Thanks

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-16-2005, 12:23 AM
HGW will be Your best info on this, good thing He saw it.

TAZ

HGW
10-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Got your answer--will call you today.

HGW
10-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Issue solved.

For all--if you take your SC manifold off, just do not tell MAG.

For all--NEVER take the blower apart--front or rear. The tolerances inside are set at the factory and you will never get it right with the tools you have.

MSeeb
10-16-2005, 06:15 PM
HGW: Thanks for all your help. Especially seeing how it's Sunday. Tverything went fine. Things are ready to go to the polishing shop Monday.

HGW
10-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Please let me know how much it will set you back. You have my cell.