PDA

View Full Version : Husky Liners Poor Passenger side fit

gcraybas
11-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I purchased a set of front Husky liners for 06 H2. The driver side was fine, but the passenger fit was terrible. It was a bear to squeez it in. The sides were folded in and poor molding match to floor area. Was there a change with the 06 H2. Are the catch-all's any better. Any recommendations to protect against the winter salt/slush. I do not want to keep the OEM Carpet mats in, they will get trashed.

gcraybas
11-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I purchased a set of front Husky liners for 06 H2. The driver side was fine, but the passenger fit was terrible. It was a bear to squeez it in. The sides were folded in and poor molding match to floor area. Was there a change with the 06 H2. Are the catch-all's any better. Any recommendations to protect against the winter salt/slush. I do not want to keep the OEM Carpet mats in, they will get trashed.

tomp
11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
My passenger side fits perfect. It's the driver's side that is causing me all the grief. Maybe you got a bad one for passenger side?

I am working with The Husky Engineer at the moment to fix the drivers side issue where it rests on top of the protrusion cauased by the kick panel. Also asking him to remove the area made for the Manual Floor Shifter that is on the Tahoes.

We are getting floormats made for a Tahoe!

I will post the email and pics that I jsut sent to the Engineer at Husky.

tomp
11-21-2005, 09:25 PM
-Pic 1 shows how the kick panel protrusion causes the floorliner to be raised roughly 1-3/4" to 2" off of the carpet.

-Pic 2 shows what the kick panel looks like and you can see the worn area where the floorliner rests upon it.

-Pic 3 shows a side-by-side comparison of the floorliner I purchased and the Engineering sample that you had sent out. You can see that they are identical even though the one you sent had apparently had attempted to be modified. The best option is going to be to raise the "floor" in the area where the kick panel causes the issue and not try to go around this area; as the kick panel's protrusion is of a "ramped" protrusion.

If you would also remove the entire area that is there for the Tahoe Manual Floor Shifter since the Hummer does not come with this as an option. I hope you can find this is a do-able option as the Kick Panel issue should be enough of concern to justify the H2 having it's own uniquely designed floorliner.

In the Floorliners current state, you have to push down on the floorliner to make it go flush downward with the carpet after entering the vehicle. This causes the side-wall to bend over and would allow liquids to pour out of the liner. It also tends to rise upward on it's own because of the kickpanel and is causing wear on the kick panel as can be seen in the photo 3.

tomp

tomp

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon
11-21-2005, 11:16 PM
^ exactly what he said.

DeBest
11-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Where does it stand with the changes to the floormats. Have they given you an idea on a time frame when they might be available. The snow is right around the corner!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp:
-Pic 1 shows how the kick panel protrusion causes the floorliner to be raised roughly 1-3/4" to 2" off of the carpet.

-Pic 2 shows what the kick panel looks like and you can see the worn area where the floorliner rests upon it.

-Pic 3 shows a side-by-side comparison of the floorliner I purchased and the Engineering sample that you had sent out. You can see that they are identical even though the one you sent had apparently had attempted to be modified. The best option is going to be to raise the "floor" in the area where the kick panel causes the issue and not try to go around this area; as the kick panel's protrusion is of a "ramped" protrusion.

If you would also remove the entire area that is there for the Tahoe Manual Floor Shifter since the Hummer does not come with this as an option. I hope you can find this is a do-able option as the Kick Panel issue should be enough of concern to justify the H2 having it's own uniquely designed floorliner.

In the Floorliners current state, you have to push down on the floorliner to make it go flush downward with the carpet after entering the vehicle. This causes the side-wall to bend over and would allow liquids to pour out of the liner. It also tends to rise upward on it's own because of the kickpanel and is causing wear on the kick panel as can be seen in the photo 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MSeeb
11-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I tried a set of the Husky liners and had the same problem with the front liners. The rear cargo liner fits fine. I ended up going with the husky heavy duty matts which fit great.

tomp
11-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Have not heard back yet.

DeBest
11-28-2005, 09:31 AM
What is the difference between the Husky liners and the Heavy duty liners? Why do they fit and the regular liners do not?

tomp
11-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Here is the email I got from Husky today:

I stopped by the Hummer dealership on Friday after Thanksgiving and the 2006
H2 is definitely different than the 2005 H2. I had an Engineer check this
part and they told me it was the same except for the run-off on the kick
panel (the area I had radius on the part). They also indicated that the wall
along the kick panel was snug, so I had that moved .350 inward. However,
this does not make the part fit. We will have to make a different tool to
accommodate all the necessary changes.

DeBest
12-08-2005, 10:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp:

accommodate all the necessary changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you hears back from Husky yet as to when these changes might be available?

DeBest
01-11-2006, 06:09 PM

accommodate all the necessary changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tomp
Have you heard anything on these modifications yet. Is there a number that I could call someone to find out???

tomp
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
You can call Husky and ask for Steve the Engineer