PDA

View Full Version : I've been giving the H3 Alpha some deep consideration.

DennisAJC
03-31-2007, 11:31 PM
I've decided the 08 H2 is the ticket or wait for the H2 Alpha.:jump:

I must admit though, with all that power on the H3, makes it a formitable machine.

phantom2
04-01-2007, 12:20 AM
You make absolutely no sense...

Steve - SanJose
04-01-2007, 01:50 AM
On the street, H3 Alpha will rule the Hummers.

bparker
04-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Rule what? Each has its own advantage... pick your posion but 1 doesnt kill all

NEOCON1
04-01-2007, 01:54 AM
their only doing alpha's on the odd #'s :giggling: H1 , H3 , H5 ???? :p

bparker
04-01-2007, 01:57 AM
:giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling:

their only doing alpha's on the odd #'s :giggling: H1 , H3 , H5 ???? :p

Steve - SanJose
04-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Rule what? Each has its own advantage... pick your posion but 1 doesnt kill all

"Pick your poison, each has it's own advantage" is exactly the point. The H3 Alpha might be the ultimate street sled/UAV in the Hummer lineup. The Alpha version of the H3 does little to improve it's offroad cred, assuming the cast iron diff makes it into the entire lineup of H3's:) H3 always had appropriate offroad gearing for it's engine setup.

bparker
04-01-2007, 09:32 AM
I would really like to see a front locker option with a rear auto locker like in the chevy trucks. :excited:

f5fstop
04-01-2007, 04:28 PM
"Pick your poison, each has it's own advantage" is exactly the point. The H3 Alpha might be the ultimate street sled/UAV in the Hummer lineup. The Alpha version of the H3 does little to improve it's offroad cred, assuming the cast iron diff makes it into the entire lineup of H3's:) H3 always had appropriate offroad gearing for it's engine setup.

It won't

f5fstop
04-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I would really like to see a front locker option with a rear auto locker like in the chevy trucks. :excited:
Patience is a virtue
The electronic locker is better, you push a button and it engages, the rear locker used on the trucks does require some slippage to engage. Irregardless, don't hold your breath for this one:dancingbanana:

bparker
04-01-2007, 06:09 PM
yea, thats what I was thinking - move the push buttons to the front elec locker and use the same axle they are using with the auto lockers in the trucks now.

Just dreaming :D

Patience is a virtue
The electronic locker is better, you push a button and it engages, the rear locker used on the trucks does require some slippage to engage. Irregardless, don't hold your breath for this one:dancingbanana:

Crash ?
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Man I sure hope all yall cats wanting that H3 get one.. Cause it's gonna flood the market with a bunch of used H3's about the time my lease is due up and it's gonna give me some great dealing power on the actual residual value on mine..

MajorGeek
04-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I am sure the point he was making is that the H3 will rule in sheer numbers on the street. When I got mine, it was unique. Now, its like driving a Jeep as far as spotting one. Of course, that is the plan, I see my local dealer is adding on the Hummer specific building, when they get done, there will be a Hummer for everyone, lets just hope they dont embarass the line with a Jeep Liberty type of vehicle. I am loving my new H2, but if they slap that V8 in it, I may reconsider in a year or two.

Crash, my guess would be that by 09 you will see them all over used, on lots, auctions, just like any other vehicle. Sadly, the H3 with the i5 that everyone is buying now is the one I would expect to see most often traded in. That was the ONLY reason I dumped mine.

XM DUDE
04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I am sure the point he was making is that the H3 will rule in sheer numbers on the street. When I got mine, it was unique. Now, its like driving a Jeep as far as spotting one. Of course, that is the plan, I see my local dealer is adding on the Hummer specific building, when they get done, there will be a Hummer for everyone, lets just hope they dont embarass the line with a Jeep Liberty type of vehicle. I am loving my new H2, but if they slap that V8 in it, I may reconsider in a year or two.

Crash, my guess would be that by 09 you will see them all over used, on lots, auctions, just like any other vehicle. Sadly, the H3 with the i5 that everyone is buying now is the one I would expect to see most often traded in. That was the ONLY reason I dumped mine.

I bet by 09 the V8 will be the only engine option for the H3.

Spuds
04-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Well, pedictions are for gasoline to be $3 an hour this summer and by 09...???

Hope there is a direct injected turbo V-6 diesel in GM's near future......

XM DUDE
04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
They could use the cylinder deactivation feature like in my Tahoe.

RubHer Yellow Ducky
04-02-2007, 07:40 PM

SPUDS,

I guess no one told you I'm the only one allowed to use BOLD BLUE...

You see I'm old, grumpy and don't see or hear well,

and well they let me get away with it. I'm afraid that if you use it they may get us confused.

Could you switch to a purple or something?

THANKS

RYD

evldave
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
SPUDS,

and well they let me get away with it. I'm afraid that if you use it they may get us confused.

THANKS

RYD

hmmm, I really like this blue. I think I'll start posting in this color too. Besides, I doubt anyone will confuse me with Wilford Brimley...

Huck BB62
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
SPUDS,

THANKS

RYD

Rubber Ducky, are you sure that you only like BLUE?:giggling:

Steve - SanJose
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Poor Ducky:yawn:

evldave
04-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Rubber Ducky,are you sure that you only like BLUE?:giggling:

Dude, that had to have taken forever to do. Well worth it pick on the older...ummm...more experienced members of the forum.:beerchug:

HummBebe
04-02-2007, 09:56 PM

Well, those aren't predictions, we've been paying over $3.00 since late Jan. Time to throw out that crystal ball.

Sewie
04-02-2007, 09:57 PM

They sell gas by the hour where you live? How does that work? :confused: :giggling:

HummBebe
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
http://www.hydrasoap.com/images/specialtysoap/yellowdevil.jpg

Don't be a dick to the "Duck"

:giggling: :beerchug: :giggling: :beerchug: :giggling:

f5fstop
04-02-2007, 10:40 PM

And how much would you like to bet? (Sure winner for me:jump: )

They could use the cylinder deactivation feature like in my Tahoe.

Really, what a great idea....:dancingbanana: (NOTE: 5.3L is set up for displacement on demand, aka, active fuel management.)

Not for an H3 in this market....but who knows.

HummBebe
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
somebody's in a feisty mood today :giggling:

Steve - SanJose
04-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Where do we place our bets?

Steve - SanJose
04-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Btw, that duck looks like a peeps. Yum.

Huck BB62
04-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Well, those aren't predictions, we've been paying over $3.00 since late Jan. Time to throw out that crystal ball.

No kiddin' Hummbebe. Maybe it's time to dig out the magic 8 ball instead!?!

I was behind this guy in a Ford Superduty gasser. He was there forever. I had time to go in, order a sandwich, buy a lottery ticket, and peruse the 4wd mags. He dropped in a clean $100 and didn't even fill it up!

Our little mideastern gas store owners had to import another relative just to change the sign fast enough to keep up with the shenanigans their cousins are causin'!

evldave
04-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I few years ago I was on the haul road in Alaska (the road headed up to the north slope) - there's only one tiny gas station - gas was $5/gallon. My Suburban was a 40 gal tank, luckily only had to fill it about halfway, but OUCH! Thankfully we don't like there or in England!

Huck BB62
04-04-2007, 04:08 AM
I few years ago I was on the haul road in Alaska (the road headed up to the north slope) - there's only one tiny gas station - gas was $5/gallon. My Suburban was a 40 gal tank, luckily only had to fill it about halfway, but OUCH! Thankfully we don't like there or in England!

My father-in-law drove that road for years up until recently. His big rig looked like a space ship. He'd pull that sucker in the shop in Fairbanks, turn on the oil heaters and sump pump and go home. He'd come to work the next day and service it after the hundreds of gallons of ice would melt off it. His HID lighting system was simply amazing. Yeah, he's a man's man. I have no idea how someone could drive thousands and thousands of miles in whiteout conditions for the years like he did.

Spuds
04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
They sell gas by the hour where you live? How does that work? :confused: :giggling:

Oh CRAP!!!

Gas in Texas is cheaper, but not that cheap.....:beerchug:

Blue is ......MY color.....:cool: