PDA

View Full Version : Vizualogic Headrest and visor system.

JPrusinowski
02-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Does anyone currently utilize the vizualogic headrest monitor/dvd system? Any feedback, satisfaction input. Looking for help in choosing right setup. Looking for multi-disc capability, possibly, or X-box, nintendo as DVD player. Does anyone know if Nintendo or X-box is FM modulator capable? Also does visulogis have OSD fro multi-disc, settings, selection etc. Sorry for the run on, trying to get all the right answeres from experienced owners. Love the sight!!

Jeff

JPrusinowski
02-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Does anyone currently utilize the vizualogic headrest monitor/dvd system? Any feedback, satisfaction input. Looking for help in choosing right setup. Looking for multi-disc capability, possibly, or X-box, nintendo as DVD player. Does anyone know if Nintendo or X-box is FM modulator capable? Also does visulogis have OSD fro multi-disc, settings, selection etc. Sorry for the run on, trying to get all the right answeres from experienced owners. Love the sight!!

Jeff

Hummer Man
02-24-2003, 01:33 AM
I have the VIZUALOGIC System with headrst monitors, Visor montitor, Wireless headphones, FM modulator, DVD and PLAYSTATION 2.
FM MODULATOR works great. The system is an onscreen display with no ugly buttons on monitors. The fit and finish is a perfect perfect perfect 100% factory match.

JPrusinowski
02-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Thank you for the info!! I take it playstaion 2 can not serve as your DVD player? I believe X-box is capable of both. Sounds like a great setup and looks factory original in every way. Do you have the safety feature on the visor that allows operation only if the car is not moving? Can this be bi-passed during installation. I would like passenger to be able to enjoy travel as much as the back seat passengers. Again thanks for the info!!

Great site!!

Jeff

JohnnyBoy
02-24-2003, 02:19 AM
Mine is myron&davis dual 7" headrests with OSD. Quality is good. DVD player is audiovox with two wireless headsets and FM modulator. PS2 is the next thing I will put in. FM modulator works great on channel 88.7. Headrests match 100% to factory ones.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
http://www.haugens.com

H2Girl
02-24-2003, 07:52 AM
My system uses 2 Clarion 7" monitors in the headrests and a 6" in the passenger visor. Excellent quality when compared side by side with the Vizualogic and better pricing. FM modulator,Clarion 4 head HI-FI VCR and PS2 that works great as my DVD Player. All you need for it to work as a DVD player is the remote control. But if you go that route with the DVD, make sure you only buy the Sony remote. I went through so many problems with the aftermarket remotes. My system also incorporates a viper alarm system with remote start. Good luck with yours! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hummer Man
02-24-2003, 09:36 AM
The Visor Monitor can work while the vehicle is in motion. The PALYSTATION 2 does have the ABILITY to play DVD's. The passengers just like to watch two different DVD's at the same time on occasion.

HUMMBABY
02-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I am using the Vizualogic headrest screens and am very happy with them. I compared them to the LZ-800 I have in other vehicles, and did not see a lot of difference. Plus the fact that they keep a clean factory look.

For the passengers in the back, I am using an Audiovox 10 disc DVD changer as one source, and a PS2 as the other. This gives the kids the ability to play games, movies, tv or a combination. I put a 10" Rossen drop down screen for the rare times they can agree on the same thing (better for the 3rd seat as well). Get the Fm modulator, but also the Audiovox wireless headphones. They are a godsend on road trips!

Whatever DVD player you use, make sure it has memory. Audiovox makes an inexspensive unit that does not have this. Each time you turn the car off you have to use the menu to return to "that part" of the movie. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Have fun with it.

Cheers!

BIGT
02-24-2003, 02:02 PM
I ordered the Vizualogic system for my H2. I have it half-way installed. I was a little upset that they did not send everything needed for a complete install. They did not provide the "Y" cable for the video signal when you have two monitors! Go figure. It's not an big deal to include it. Has any one else had this problem? There head rest and monitor are top quality and look good. It would be complete by now if i didn' have to run to Radio Shack. They say in there add just plug and play? RIGHT!

Tony - Out.

Patrick
02-25-2003, 01:40 AM
I installed the same setup from autobarn (two headrest monitors and dvd player). I installed the dvd player where the onstar stuff was and I installed all of the other electronics in the middle console under the cupholders. I just wish the dvd player had an electronic display on it so I could see it at night. Only one remote can with mine as well PhilD. The monitor are good enough for the kids, they hav'nt complained yet. I'm waiting for the kenwood lz-800 to arrive which I ordered off ebay. I'm going to mount it in front of the overhead console in a custom built console piece from Jonathan in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I'm done installing it.

ACR H2
02-25-2003, 02:21 AM
Where is the best place to get the vizualogic headrest monitor/dvd system?

Thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux

IH2doU
02-25-2003, 04:07 AM
Patrick, I have the same setup you have, had them installed by the dealer.
I am looking to add a screen in front of the overhead console as you mentioned, where can I find out more about this "custom built console piece from Jonathan". How can I get one?

Thanks...Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
I installed the same setup from autobarn (two headrest monitors and dvd player). I installed the dvd player where the onstar stuff was and I installed all of the other electronics in the middle console under the cupholders. I just wish the dvd player had an electronic display on it so I could see it at night. Only one remote can with mine as well PhilD. The monitor are good enough for the kids, they hav'nt complained yet. I'm waiting for the kenwood lz-800 to arrive which I ordered off ebay. I'm going to mount it in front of the overhead console in a custom built console piece from Jonathan in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know when I'm done installing it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BIGT
02-25-2003, 11:08 AM
PhilD,

I though about doing that, but if I use two differnt sources of input, ie: DVD and TV tuner, both monitors will have the same display, right? This would not make it possible to watch TV on one monitor and DVD on the other, because the output from the one monitor would be what is displayed on the other, right? So I would rather use a video out splitter from each source into each input so each monitor will have it's own selection of video source.

Bigt.

Patrick
02-25-2003, 11:59 AM
I am going to use this kenwood unit to select from different video sources. This link doesn't show the controllers. I had a link to etronics.com but their site is down right now. Here is a link to a different site. It costs 159.00 at etronics.com. This way all three of my screens will be able to switch between 1) nav screen, 2) dvd/line in, and 3) rear view camera. The over head screen will automatically do this whenever the H2 is in reverse. Other inputs are also possible on the lz-800 and other monitors. The kenwood unit is http://www.car-audio-experts.com/kenwood-other-kva-s300.shtml I found jonathan on another thread and called him. It turns out several people are using him to do the same thing with several different kinds of monitors. That link is http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=5066068881. He is very friendly and good to deal with.

Patrick
02-25-2003, 12:25 PM
here is the etronics link. http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=kenkvas300&SVBName=30

It's the cheapest place on the net for this part that I have been able to find.

The vizualogic kit was purchased at autobarn.com. I received the kit in about 5 days and it was packaged nicely.

In the last thread I meant to say the overhead screen will automatically switch to the reverse camera when the car is placed in reverse. The lz-800 has multiple inputs and when connected to the kenwood a/v switcher you can make it so the rear monitors can always pull up whatever the overhead screen is showing. So they can watch the nav map or the rear view camera. This means you have more inputs than the three on the kenwood a/v unit. Now I just need to go back and read the threads about rearview cameras and shop them on the net. Some even have mics on them. I thought that would be entertaining to hear what others are saying as they walk by in a parking lot.

PhilD, you ran a wire out to the roof of your H2 through the marker light on the roof. Was it easy to route the wire there and still keep it waterproof? Does the wire lift the rubber a little or did you dremmel a notch in the plastic? I need to get the GPS antenna up there and I was wondering what your experience was. Eventually I'm going to put lights up there as well.

TX T H2
02-25-2003, 03:27 PM
PhilD: Ar you able to run a NAV system with the NECVOX 9690? I have seen your posts and pics and it is definitely the best looking install (much preferred over a flip screen). I am in a business where having the ability to display NAV on multiple screens for clients in car is a real benefit. I would do the NECVOX in heartbeat if I could accomplish a similar configuration of equipment as the Kenwood KVT911 allows (eg. DVD,TV,Sirius,Nav, etc..)

Patrick: Where are you finding the best price on the LZ-800 monitors?

"Oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea!" Jed Clampett

Patrick
02-25-2003, 08:40 PM
I purchased the lz-800w here at this place with the buy it now option

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3006839730&category=14946.

It says it is brand new. I don't have it yet so I can't say anything about it. Another place is here that I stumbled upon. They have good kenwood nav prices.

http://www.speedsound.com/kenwoodexcelonvideo.html

Michael
02-27-2003, 02:49 AM
Does anyone have the Savv Headrest Monitors? http://www.savv.com

They make a new 7" Headrest with a Monitor for the H2 which has the RF transmitter included inside the Headrest (for your wireless headphones).
I'd love to install some Headrest Monitors, but none of the stores or Audio install places have any working ones on display. I've emailed both Vizualogic and Savv, and (of course)they both say that they're the best.
I agree about the Myron & davis - too many buttons.
Any recommendations?

1stHummer
02-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Only problem with SAVV is that the leather is dyed and not OEM as is the Vizualogic system. This often, but not always, may not look quite original. But the monitors are very nice.

Roy.

1stHummer
02-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Sorry PhilD.

Brain freeze, I guess http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I meant to say vinyl, but the Vizualogic devices are still the closest match to OEM that I have seen.

Roy.

RollinonDubs
02-28-2003, 07:45 PM
I am a beginner at all this electronic stuff. I am installing the DVD kit with the 2 headrest from autobarn. I am having trouble. I can not figure out how to get behind the dash to insert the FM modulator. Can anyone help me? Does it even go behind the dash?

mark allen

AUBURN H2
02-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Rollinondubs

The complete center console cover must be removed to remove the dash area around the radio. Yes, that is where you need to be and you must have the two antenna adaptors as well.

Good Luck!

Tiger Bait
03-01-2003, 12:33 AM
Phil, the FM modulator phyically connects in line to your antenna input on the back of the radio. You must take the dash apart to get to that input wire. The FM modulator does not broadcast "over the air" to that frequency on the radio. If so other cars nearby would get your dvd soundtrack instead of the station they were listening to on their radio. The FM modulators are set in the low band range (generally some variant off of 88Mhz) where few stations broadcast. There are some in that range that are sometimes used. SO instead of inadvertently sending out on that frequency, a direct input feed is selected. There is a filter that blocks out all other frequencies when it is switched in line. That is what causes some interference to other frequencis on the radio when installed even if switched off.

RollinonDubs
03-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks Auburn. I did that and I guess I need to go buy two antenna adapters. When I looked at the back of the cd rediever I didn't see any video or audio output or input. Where do I connect the cables that are supposed to go in the back of the cd reciever?

mark allen

BIGT
03-03-2003, 10:48 AM
I have my system installed and have a question. The equipment is under the second row seat. If anyone has installed it there, where did you run the antenna cord for the wireless transmitter? And how is the reception on the wireless headphones?

Thanks!

Hummer Man
03-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Reception is awsome on the VIZUALOGIC wirless system. I have four sets of headphones. There is a seat bracket for the upper half of the 2/3 seat (DRIVER SIDE) it has a rod running the full length at the bottom. Wire tie the antenae there and you will be very happy with the performance. No need to run it high up on that frequency.

oc192
03-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Michael,

I have the SAVV headrest monitors in my Z71 Suburban and they are great. Picture quality, fit and finish exceeded my expectations. I will be installing them in the H2 in the spring.

03 H2
02 Viper GTS
02 Z71 Suburban
98 Harley Davidson FLSTF

Michael
03-06-2003, 03:04 AM
oc192,

I just ordered the new SAVV 7.8" -LM-S7800W with the HR-7.8 for my H2. Again, this is a new product from SAVV as it includes transmitters in the Headrests for wireless headphones.

I hope to get them installed next week, and I'll be sure to post some pictures for everyone.

RollinonDubs
03-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Where did everyone get there power from for the vizualogic kit? I cut into the ciggarette lighter and went from there. Did anyone else do this? Also, did anyone have any problems installing the vizualogic kit?

mark allen

Offshore Hummer
03-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Hummer Man -

Did you do you're own install or did you go somewhere in Orlando. I want to do the vizualogic w/PS2 as well and wasn't sure who I could use in Orlando.

RollinonDubs
03-15-2003, 02:41 PM
I decided just to do it by myself. It was a pain but I figured it out. Unless you are good with electronics I would take it somewhere. I live in Orlando also and these are some great places to take it to: Audio Fashion on Colonial Drive and Audio Country on S Orange Blossom Trail. The phone numbers are in the phone book.

mark allen

Hummer Man
03-15-2003, 03:17 PM
I would get SOUND ADVICE to do it. There audio / videoc tech guys knows what they are doing. They are also a big company and wont just leave you hanging out to dry.
You must do a serious power run (dead run) from the battery to the second row seat along the driver side step plates. There is a great access to enginge compartment near steering colum. You can then install a relay to break that ciruit so it only works when the key is in the ACCESSORY MODE. _____NO DEAD BATTERY THAT WAY_____.
You will need a 500 to 750 watt inverter to run a PS2 system and get good quality play.

If you install the visor monitor and possably the headrest monitors you might need some additional video amps. I used Monter Cable amps.
39 to 49 bucks. I ran all wiring and let the SOUND ADVICE boys tie it all together.

Offshore Hummer
03-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys - I will check them out.

tranman329
04-07-2003, 03:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael:
oc192,

I just ordered the new SAVV 7.8" -LM-S7800W with the HR-7.8 for my H2. Again, this is a new product from SAVV as it includes transmitters in the Headrests for wireless headphones.

I hope to get them installed next week, and I'll be sure to post some pictures for everyone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did they turn out? Do you have any pictures? Let me know.