PDA

View Full Version : Cross bar removal

Texas Red
12-21-2002, 02:19 PM
How do I remove the back rail piece to slide the cross bar holder out?? Do I need a star shaped screw driver head??

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

Texas Red
12-21-2002, 02:19 PM
How do I remove the back rail piece to slide the cross bar holder out?? Do I need a star shaped screw driver head??

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

TBarrow
12-21-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey Red, The dealer removed the rear corner lights from my H2 and slide them in. I did not see them do this hope it helps.

Tiger Bait
12-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Definitely no need to remove the rear marker lights though. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Texas Red
12-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Kelley has done it and said you have to press the end tab with your finger and lift up while usiing a small flathead screwdriver in the little slot on the inboard side to free two other tabs holding it in place. Thanks Kelley.

I did it, but broke one of the tabs in the process.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

H2Jim
12-21-2002, 10:23 PM
I took them off to take the light bar off. I pried the plastic covers off from the outboard side first. There are locking tabs on both the inboard and outboard side, and 2 little fingers on the forward end that slip into the track. I was pretty hard on the first one I removed, but it didn't break. I don't know how many off/on cycles they will last. I figure once they break I'll just leave them off, but that could really mess-up the aerodynamics!

DRTYFN
12-22-2002, 12:56 AM
Hey Tex,
it's ok if you break off one of the tabs. It actually makes it easier to remove them the next time.