H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Never in the field of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few.

Churchill said that about the good few - I think I may be saying that about the bad few.

I used to enjoy this site - good people after good times - enjoying their vehicles - wanting to be part of a like minded group.

Times change - people change - attitudes change.

The negativity here these days has driven many of us away I think.

I see that many of the regulars that I used to enjoy reading posts from do not post anymore.

There is never anyone in the chat room.

It is impossible to say anything here these days without someone ripping it apart.

Newbies are treated like an unpleasant odour - they are considerd to be idiots because they ask questions that you "knowledgable" guys know the answers to.

Be careful - do not create an elitism in your pastime - that makes you look stupid - many of us were the first buyers of these vehicles - that make some of us think we are "Better" than the new guys.

I've got news for you that makes us look like *******s to the new guys.

Say what you like - this is only my opinion.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Churchill said that about the good few - I think I may be saying that about the bad few.

I used to enjoy this site - good people after good times - enjoying their vehicles - wanting to be part of a like minded group.

I see that many of the regulars that I used to enjoy reading posts from do not post anymore.

It is impossible to say anything here these days without someone ripping it apart.

Newbies are treated like an unpleasant odour - they are considerd to be idiots because they ask questions that you "knowledgable" guys know the answers to.

Be careful - do not create an elitism in your pastime - that makes you look stupid - many of us were the first buyers of these vehicles - that make some of us think we are "Better" than the new guys.

Say what you like - this is only my opinion.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:38 AM

Patriot is off the scale

You are right.....
Old 11-06-2003, 03:03 AM

argonaut is off the scale

There were never any people in the chat room. As for the negativity, it is hard not be be negative for a lot of people that live with negative reactions to their truck everyday. Add to that a New Troll every week, sometimes in huge onslaughts, and you have a lot of pissed off guys that are very worried about negative images of the Hummer.

I assume you are mostly talking about DRTYFN and his posts about the NYC thingy. I still think it is just a regional perspective issue. To us NW guys, it just seems ostentatious. I know that that is how NY is, so it didn't bug me, but it bugged DRTY and he posted his opinion of it. I tried to explain to people where he was coming from.

I really don't see anything wrong with pissing on Trolls, as they are only here to piss on us. I don't agree with crapping on newbies, but sometimes it is hard as some Trolls pretend they are newbies.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy,

Everone here is very friendly and helpful including DRTY. Sometimes opinions differ and garbage is thrown. Most of the time it just for ****s and giggles.

You have rattle, we'll find the post.
You have a joke, we all laugh.
You dissagree, I'll dissagree.
IN THE END, it turns out OK. This Forum is quite a family.

Other than anomilies like Detonate who can't figure out which woody to grab. It's all good.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-06-2003, 03:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

I'm with you all the way AndyC.

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:33 AM

What really turned my against Detonate is when he started crapping on Buckeye and making him look like a bad guy. Buckeye only stomped on Trolls, that is it. IMO Detonate is a POS
Old 11-06-2003, 03:50 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

This post has been a long time coming-- thanks for posting. There is a lot of attitude here- and I am guilty at times. When I read a post reply from someone trashing a persons post (eg the dude w/ the Mercedez Benz that got the hell beat out of himself just for posting) I sometimes go out of my way just to talk trash on the bully; which is just as at fault. I know that from day one that I posted, people were quick to judge, so I quit looking at the site for several months eventually; it's no different now. Some of the "elders" of the site no longer post and Frankly it's quite pleasant because some people are not content to post about their HUMMER and have to include everything including their gardeners, egos, and world travels in the main H2 forum; conversely, there are many fresh faces that I quite enjoy. It's no different now than before other than we have a great "library" of information we've accumulated. But you are correct that people are conditioned to gradually grow tired of the site as long as this circle continues.
So I challenge you all to show that you are as big as your vehicle and welcome newbies; these folks are still in exstatic shock that they finally drive a Hummer; like nothing else.
I feel like my post is quickly starting to sound like Bill Murray in Scrogged when he goes on and on about being a better person... so I'll stop.
Here's my challenge; if you want to be an *******, go to that Jeep magazine website (JP?)that continually bashes the hell out of the H2!!
O.K. one more challenge: if you aren't talking directly about your H2 there's a place on the forum for that, it's called "off-topic". Use it... because we don't care about which salon your granny get's her blue hair-due done at.... unless she drives there in here H2, then maybe!

gasman
Old 11-06-2003, 03:53 AM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

that would be "Scrooged", not "scrogged". Cirtainly a movie called scrogged would have no place on a family forum such as this one!

gasman
Old 11-06-2003, 04:06 AM

I think if we just talked about issues with our H2s and left it at that we would be as lively as those other forums. We have a real community here and a place for friends to connect from all over the country. So we like to bull**** about stuff vaguely related to the H2, but at least we are having fun doing it. I like to hear about offroading adventures and cool new trails, people finding creative ways to deflect hippie reactions, how many times Steve dresses in women's boots and puts his legs out the window of his H2, etc. I agree that recently Trolls have made things go nutty here, but that they are just trolls and they are fun to piss on. Until detonate I have never really personally attacked any member here.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:14 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy C:
I see that many of the regulars that I used to enjoy reading posts from do not post anymore.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell, tell me when regulars are in the chat and I'm there! Mostly I see newbies online...where did the "regulars" go, anyway?

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 11-06-2003, 05:51 PM

TJ is off the scale

Very well said Andy C...
Old 11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

I like going to the chat... Problem is, my computer/internet service provider doesn't always like Java Applets and staying connected online.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Why isn't this thread about the H2?
Old 11-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy C:

Say what you like - this is only my opinion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's with all of the drama, Andy?

Don't distort reality, ok?

Newbies are not treated with disdain, unless they happen to be a troll trying to start a fight. I defy you to find were a genuine H2 newcomer has been mistreated.

Questions are NOT met with ridicule, but answered as accurately and helpfully as possible.

The reason there's never anyone in the Chat Room is probably because it never loads correctly and you can't see who's in there anyway.

"I've got news for you that makes us look like *******s to the new guys." Huh? What? Did you forget a comma?

I do apologize for some of the language that might be offensive to some of the more sensitive forum members. Some of us didn't realize that there were such delicate folks in here.

And your opinion is valued.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

It's one thing to tease and rattle that cages of fellow members on this forum. This is funny and makes the site interesting. If no one picks on anyone and we just talk about Hummers what fun is that.

However I have noticed that there has been more of a streak towards being offensive over the past few months. Maybe it's because some of the knowledgable people are getting increasingly bored. But you guys are illustrating the point right here by pissing on Detonate and MAC (Alec I'm not referring to your post) when they have nothing to do with this conversation. I think Andy makes a valid observation. Whatever, just my 2c.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:57 AM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy C,
Very well put!!! My hat goes off to you.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:34 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Last time I checked the H2 forum I was 10,000 miles away with 5 hours to kill in an airport, that was weeks ago, seemed like another world which it was. I haven't been around simply because I haven't been in this country in Oct. Good to be back driving the Hummer, I am sick and tired of riding in the back seat.

Andy, people here are no better and no worse than before. They were always rude and mean from the start. Who was it that took pride in proclaiming he never read newspaper nor books, wasn't it the gasman? That sure turned the history of human civilization upside down. One place on earth where people took pride in being stupid. There were times I could tell if certain gentlemen had a bit too much to drink, again. It is unanimous and without dispute that I am the nicest guy on this forum, but this place is always bullies galore, plus folks eager to kiss bully ass, and largely lower class uneducated folks, they don't like it but rednecks is pretty accurate description. Lie me down on your couch and I'll confess that could be the main attraction to me. All things considered, an excellent forum.

Now, boys and girls, did I manage to make some new enemies?