H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-13-2003, 09:52 PM

valkolton is off the scale

Hey all, I just put on my new 35x13x20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 20x10 Concept Neeper Monsta wheels today!

I also put a dual Maxflo exhaust tips with a custom flowmaster, it sounds VERY DEEP and it is pretty loud. I will record it so you can all hear in the next week...

I really love the look of the new shoes, it is the perfect combination between street and off-road. I took pictures compared to the stock tires, they seem to be quite bigger than stock - but it still fits in my parking garage!

I got the chrome grille overlay kit and solid billet handles for the front grille.

Later this week I will have the all-in-one Clarion DVD/CD/MP3/7" touchscreen, amplifiers, and subwoofers installed with the new OS-2Bose oem connector kit so I do not have to pay much for install and I can totally take out the head unit ($100!).

I will take better pictures when it is sunny and clean, but I had to get these up right away!!!

Some more pictures of my modifications are available:

More pictures of modifications

2003 Orange H2, Viper Responder Alarm, Audiobahn Sound, 325/65R20 M/T tires on order from Toyo, 20" Monsta Wheels, Rosen Video
Old 05-13-2003, 09:52 PM

Hey all, I just put on my new 35x13x20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 20x10 Concept Neeper Monsta wheels today!

I also put a dual Maxflo exhaust tips with a custom flowmaster, it sounds VERY DEEP and it is pretty loud. I will record it so you can all hear in the next week...

I really love the look of the new shoes, it is the perfect combination between street and off-road. I took pictures compared to the stock tires, they seem to be quite bigger than stock - but it still fits in my parking garage!

I got the chrome grille overlay kit and solid billet handles for the front grille.

Later this week I will have the all-in-one Clarion DVD/CD/MP3/7" touchscreen, amplifiers, and subwoofers installed with the new OS-2Bose oem connector kit so I do not have to pay much for install and I can totally take out the head unit ($100!).

I will take better pictures when it is sunny and clean, but I had to get these up right away!!!

Some more pictures of my modifications are available:

More pictures of modifications

2003 Orange H2, Viper Responder Alarm, Audiobahn Sound, 325/65R20 M/T tires on order from Toyo, 20" Monsta Wheels, Rosen Video
Old 05-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Circuitguy

Looks great!! Wish my wife would let me buy some wheels like that..I just installed my new Flowmaster muffler today so I know what you mean about a deep sound. Boy it sounds mean! C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 05-13-2003, 11:25 PM

Is everyone able to view those pics? If not go to http://photos.yahoo.com/valkolton to see them all.

I will be posting better pictures soon, but I had to get these up!

Old 05-14-2003, 04:04 AM

ACR H2 is off the scale

please let me know where you got the tires from? i was told those tires would be out later this summer.
thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 05-14-2003, 01:35 PM

I know, I have been waiting with the wheels sitting in my room since January - when Nitto/Toyo said they were originally going to come out. I kept on calling them, and it turns out that Discount Tire got some shipments in, but a custom shop almost ordered all of them. Try discount tire direct or your local store!

Enjoy the new choice in size... Let me know if you get them, I would love to see what wheel you get.

Michelin also makes a 44" and 48" tire for 20s if you REALLY want to go crazy!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR H2:
please let me know where you got the tires from? i was told those tires would be out later this summer.
thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 05-14-2003, 08:47 PM

ACR H2 is off the scale

I hope u dont mind me asking, but why are you ordering the TOYO tires in almost the same size? should i go with the TOYO tires to start? is anything wrong with the Nitto tires?

Thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 05-14-2003, 10:41 PM

My profile is wrong, Toyo's tire is not out yet - I went with the Nitto instead. Toyo is Nitto's parent company, so they should be very similar.

Val

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR H2:
I hope u dont mind me asking, but why are you ordering the TOYO tires in almost the same size? should i go with the TOYO tires to start? is anything wrong with the Nitto tires?

Thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-19-2003, 02:30 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

Val nice Ride, Where did you get chrome hood thing.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:07 PM

Thanks!

I bought the Chrome Grille overlay kit WITHOUT the handles from Ebay, but the same kit is on SuvXcessory.com. I bought the billet handles from ebay as well, because the overlay kit just covers the top of the stock handles and it looks cheap from the sides. I do not know where to get the solid billet handles that I have outside of ebay, I have not seen them anywhere else - I have seen the ones that say "Hummer" and "H2", but I like the plain look.

I will be taking some better pictures soon!

Val

2003 Orange H2, Clifford Responder Alarm, Audiobahn Sound, Nitto 325/65R20 A/T Terra Grappler tires, 20" Monsta Wheels, Clarion 7" LCD/MP3/DVD, Chrome Grille, Billet Handles
Old 05-24-2003, 09:07 PM

ACR H2 is off the scale

How are the brakes and acceleration due to the weight of the bigger size wheels and tires? does the H2 feel slower? Does the Hummer take longer to stop? Do you have more fade now? Please let me know, thanks

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 05-25-2003, 01:49 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

I read on another forum where a guy with a pick-up truck recently acquired the Terra Grapplers and generally liked them. His only complaint was the the sidewalls seemed to flex noticably more when making on road lane changes.

Have you noticed anything like this with your H2?

I am looking at those tires on 18:s
Old 06-02-2003, 01:48 PM

I really like them, and I took them offroading at Lake Havasu and they performed great! The ride is perfect, and they are very aggressive looking for All-Terrains with the knobby lightning bolt pattern on the side.

They were reviewed in a Four Wheeler magazine last month, and generally they performed excellent for ATs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zyx5432:
I read on another forum where a guy with a pick-up truck recently acquired the Terra Grapplers and generally liked them. His only complaint was the the sidewalls seemed to flex noticably more when making on road lane changes.

Have you noticed anything like this with your H2?

I am looking at those tires on 18:s<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2003 Orange H2, Clifford Responder Alarm, Audiobahn Sound, Nitto 325/65R20 A/T Terra Grappler tires, 20" Monsta Wheels, Clarion 7" LCD/MP3/DVD, Chrome Grille, Billet Handles
Old 06-03-2003, 01:07 PM

whipplecharged is off the scale

I found BC Motorsports is making a 20" Chrome Wheel that looks like the stock H2 Wheel and I also have access to the 20" Nitto 325/65/20 tires for that wheel that would look great on the H2.If you have any questions send me an email.