H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Working on something fun here, a custom control center for your gadgets. If you had a choice would
Voice for all 5 17.24%
Combination 24 82.76%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

Guys, the i-drive is truly a POS, not just a PITA and I love technology, just can't figure out how Bill Gates was successful in pitching the CE O/S to BMW and got on their board. Thank god I don't have to deal with the 7 other than bringing it in for service, wife can't say anything cause she chose it. Other than that, the handling & engine are simply amazing, got me out of a couple tight spots I otherwise wouldn't.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Induction Concepts is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
I guess I should have had a choice such as "I like it the way it is", but we're talking good tech here.

If you don't have a touchscreen in the dash, an infrared remote would be used. That should solve the sore throat issue.

The voice command is not trainable. It recognizes words irrelavent to voice type. With the sunroof open and all the windows down you would merely speak louder.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If thats the case and you could have the touch screen and/or wireless remote, that sounds like a helluva system, problems solved. I guess it truly has come a long way.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Yes
Old 06-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Man:
Yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was expecting a minimum of three words.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

Come on gang. 320 views and so few votes. Give me opinions. Please.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:49 AM

rodster is off the scale

My vote is voice for all with existing controls for backup.

So long as you're getting around the need to touch the touch screen, how about making the NAV destination control available while moving?

And how about adding XM surfing commands like, "radio, channel four six" and NAV commands like "map zoom/unzoom/pan left/right"?

Onstar commands work pretty well for me so I imagine your control systems will do fine. Madam Onstar did get a little pissed at me once when after three consecutive "Slower please" responses from her I told her to SHUT UP! She said, "Pardon me?"
Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

She told me to GFO
Old 06-20-2005, 01:16 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
She told me to GFO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have the Vegas voice filter installed.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
My vote is voice for all with existing controls for backup.

So long as you're getting around the need to touch the touch screen, how about making the NAV destination control available while moving?

And how about adding XM surfing commands like, "radio, channel four six" and NAV commands like "map zoom/unzoom/pan left/right"?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, maybe I just didn't want to mention those things.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

AHels is off the scale

Combination for sure. Voice works great most of the time, but there are times when I'd rather fiddle round with a button/touchscreen/whatever rather than tell my vehicle to F off
Old 06-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Come on gang. 320 views and so few votes. Give me opinions. Please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot a choice.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Come on gang. 320 views and so few votes. Give me opinions. Please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot a choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Voice commands with touchscreen backup, and a remote, and a really sexy male voice that makes me want to drive A LOT! One that automatically calls Drtyfn every day and fills his voicemail with clean jokes would be good too.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

gfy
Old 06-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

Rocks, knock-knock jokes.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Lean Machine is off the scale

Combination, would be my vote.

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior - SOLD

\'08 H2 Lux White SUT with Sedona interior and 6'' Fabtech Lift
Old 06-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Singh is off the scale

I know this is an old thread, but I am new and kinda looking at everything. so here is my opinion Ken, if you are still into it. I have a BMW 750iL and the voice stuff is not efficient, waste of my time, however, I just bought my wife the '05 Honda Oddysey and it has a wonderful and simple voice system that can be used with NAV, CLimate control, and all Radio/CD/DVD functions and it works great with the windows up. An especially good feature is its training and word and sentence recognition, not just saying things letter by letter. Why am I here, b/c about to buy an H2!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:18 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A S:
I know this is an old thread, but I am new and kinda looking at everything. so here is my opinion Ken, if you are still into it. I have a BMW 750iL and the voice stuff is not efficient, waste of my time, however, I just bought my wife the '05 Honda Oddysey and it has a wonderful and simple voice system that can be used with NAV, CLimate control, and all Radio/CD/DVD functions and it works great with the windows up. An especially good feature is its training and word and sentence recognition, not just saying things letter by letter. Why am I here, b/c about to buy an H2!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks A S. There are some problems associated with the training and sentence recognition software. Most of it is in it's ability to recognize different voices with differing ambient sounds.

I appreciate the input, but it looks like a combination of the two would be the best route at this time. Convenience, safety, backup etc. It just seems to be the best system using the best available technology for the dollar.

With that said, things are subject to change.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

If you can come up with one that understands Scottish accents and can accomodate fingers the size of sausages then I will buy it.