H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-21-2006, 11:13 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I had Circuit City install an XM radio today and I noticed that the TRAF-AUTO EQ-AUTO VOL buttons(on the lower right side of stereo) do not light up when the headlights are on. I can't remember if they ever did, however. I'd appreciate it if someone with a 2003/2004 H2 could look at their stereo and tell me whether these three buttons are supposed to light up. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:13 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I had Circuit City install an XM radio today and I noticed that the TRAF-AUTO EQ-AUTO VOL buttons(on the lower right side of stereo) do not light up when the headlights are on. I can't remember if they ever did, however. I'd appreciate it if someone with a 2003/2004 H2 could look at their stereo and tell me whether these three buttons are supposed to light up. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

I went out to the truck and looked and yes they do light up. (2003 H2)
Old 01-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dewi2005 is off the scale

they light up on mine as well... 2003 H2 / Factory indash 6-disk AM/FM
Old 01-23-2006, 05:16 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

Thanks for the help guys. I decided to employ the "hit it" and see if it works method. I gently hit the area below the button with a knuckle and I'll be damned if they didn't light up. First time that has ever worked.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

bro for future refrences dont use curcuit city to install any equipment. they are just learning and probably dont give a shiit about your nice truck. find a real stereo shop. just my 2 cents and glad it works now.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

just curious how to go about finding a "good" stereo shop in my area, can the dealer do installs like this
Old 01-23-2006, 07:35 PM

Mumbo is off the scale

Circuit City has a revolving crew of installers that have very little hands on experiance.
My brother in law runs a Circuit City "road shop" as they put it. I had them install a flip down screen, DVD player in my old Navigator. What a butcher job. Looking at the screen, you could see it was angled. There was a gap big enough to stick a finger in between the headliner and the console. The rear A/C control panel was hot glued in and fell through the console. The whole unit rattled like crazy. I took it down and noticed they left out the main screw that held it up and the whole console was about a half inch too far back. I ordered new hardware to mount and re-hung myself. At least he got me the hardware for free.
For anybody in Philadelphia area, Perzan Auto Radio is the place to go. 610-734-1234
Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Matt, steer clear of the dealer for that type of install--if you can't read it with a scope or look it up in a book *MOST* dealers are not very good at installs of that sort and often sub it out anyway (that's where I come in :>} ). As for Cir cty and Bst by, you get what you pay for!! I have people call me several times a week and ask me if I will install something for the same price as the box. I typically ask them if they want it done correctly or cheaply--can't have both!!
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:02 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I've never had any problems with CC, but then again the installs have always been pretty easy, XM with FM Modulator etc. I'm going to have a DVD setup installed in my other rig soon and I'll steer clear of CC or Best Buy.