H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-26-2003, 04:47 PM
HummMe

I just installed my Pioneer xm with this PIOGM1V2 from Soundgate that I purchased from Logjam(wife gave it to me for Christmas yesterday). Well the display dont read ****. Took it apart 3 time to double check every thing I did and all is ok. I called soundgate tech line and they are closed.HELP. I read somewhere about a "reset" procedure for the oundgate piece. Anybody Know it? The unit recieves and plays fine just wont display anything xm related. To top it all off I put a nice scrape in the dash the 3rd time I took it back apart! This sucks.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:47 PM
HummMe

I just installed my Pioneer xm with this PIOGM1V2 from Soundgate that I purchased from Logjam(wife gave it to me for Christmas yesterday). Well the display dont read ****. Took it apart 3 time to double check every thing I did and all is ok. I called soundgate tech line and they are closed.HELP. I read somewhere about a "reset" procedure for the oundgate piece. Anybody Know it? The unit recieves and plays fine just wont display anything xm related. To top it all off I put a nice scrape in the dash the 3rd time I took it back apart! This sucks.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:25 PM

Patriot is off the scale

What do you have it hooked up to (XM tuner)?
Old 12-27-2003, 01:09 AM
HummMe

Pioneer 910 xm unit.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:07 AM

Patriot is off the scale

OK...so...

1) You hear the XM playing but get nothing on the display??? You should hear the XM intro on how to sign up, etc. Do you hear this??

2) The 910 has a reset on it...try that.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:53 AM
HummMe

Patriot,
I can hear the intro and the few free channels but no display. I have had xm in other vehicles and the way to activate the service was thru a code displayed on the head unit. Well I cant even see any code, its just blank with the time and 1 or 2 displayed depending on which aux. setting I am on. The first thing I tried was the reset button. Do you know the reset for the soundgate piece? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:45 AM

Patriot is off the scale

I don't know of any reset on the soundgate adapter. Not that there may not be one...I just don't know of one. I checked my adapter instructions and it only mnetioned resetting the XM tuner...it said noting about the adapter. Is there any small reset holes on it?

Do you have the power hooked up right to the adapter??...ground good?? etc. Just hunting here..

I hate to say it but it sounds like it may be a bad adapter...someone else here got a bad one and had to return it to Soundgate. They shipped a new one ASAP and it worked fine...IIRC.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

What year is your H2? I have heard the 04 H2 with NAV option is having trouble with the display. Call Soundgate because I believe they are releasing Version 3 to correct this problem. There has also been several posts with bad soundgate adapters that needed to be replaced.

03 H2 Sunset Orange Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, XTC Light Bars Front & Rear, XTC Fog Light Bar, XTC steps
Old 12-27-2003, 10:12 PM
HummMe

Thanks for the replies, mine is an 03. I have been emailing Scott from Logjam and he told me of a problem with 04 and nav. but that is not the case for me. I am gonna call him monday and talk to him and try and straighten this out. Hopefully I can get a replacement adaptor and it will fix the problem.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

Try disconecting the bettery for a few minutes. When I did that on my 04 it seemed to reset everything and the xm worked on the XM2 screen. I am still waiting for my V3

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

Mods & Pics

Old 01-03-2004, 12:59 AM

Dedo-man is off the scale

Nav, did you ever get a V3 for the XM, Im thinking about installing a unit in my 04', but dont want to deal with all the aggravation, until they resolve the prob's?
Old 01-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

After a few delays it shiped Wednesday, I should have it on Monday. I will be out of town for 2 weeks though but it will be put in as soon as I get back

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
1999 F-350 W/mods

Mods & Pics

Old 01-06-2004, 06:08 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Talked to Soundgate today and they were supposed to be shipped out the other day. Since it was a holiday week they did not get shipped out until today. Hopefully we will have them soon. Please post when you get yours and I will post when I get mine.

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 01-07-2004, 03:59 PM

hinten is off the scale

Those idiots never did fix it for me, hope you have more luck. Here is my prior thread onthis subject:link to thread
Old 01-07-2004, 09:02 PM
HummMe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hinten:
Those idiots never did fix it for me, hope you have more luck. Here is my prior thread onthis subject:http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=6706011751&m=650603621 5<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was able to make mine work by disconecting all the wires from the interface and pulling the fuse from the power wire, then reconnecting all wires and hooking up power last. When I turned the radio on it took about 5 sec. and bam I had a display.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

The V3 showed up the other day but i am out of town till the 19th so i have to wait

Rich

2003 Nisan Murano
1999 F-350 W/mods

Mods & Pics