H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
To describe you, I could not have said it any better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let me get this straight. Money is no object. If I was going to build my H2 I would pull the front susp. Install a rc60 from an 05 super duty with some sort of selectable locker. I would then put a Klune V underdrive on the tc. I now have a vehicle with solid axles, more ftlb/lb, and a TRUE 4wd system with REAL lockers (in other words, grade no longer matters in the "10% grade on one wheel" claim, just axle shaft strength now, which is much higher in the front now). I now have a setup more comparable to a rubicon.

You would consider these upgrade useless by your logic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Soooo, now you want to pretend logic has something to do with your postings.

I don't think you quite understand things completely here. Having a "setup" comparable to a Rubi has nothing to do with the vehicles' capabilities being comparable. So, your little waste of time looking up some 4WD buildup info is quite wasted. Why not just give the H2, the Rubi's complete suspension and drive-train systems? Now that would make their setups more comparable.

Besides, I simply requested that you provide us with standing facts where the Rubi has "out-done" the H2. How hard is that if there is such vast difference in their "setups?"
Old 01-29-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by Superturd,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I see... so you are the mighty e-warrior!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No actually I'm just a guy that points out stupidity, and with you it seems to be a full time job! The only thing you managed to prove today with this belabored argument of yours is that you are wrong on both accounts, first about H2's being inferior to Jeeps and second about Jesuits not being Catholics. Only a kid would argue a point ad nauseam even when he knows he is wrong.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Superman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
So, your little waste of time looking up some 4WD buildup info is quite wasted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't have to look that up. I know that the spline count on a 05 front superduty 60 is 35 all the way to the outers. They ara available from the factory in 3.73,4.10,and 4.30. They have 1.53" shafts and though not as strong as a 10.5 they are close. I know that an 8.8 has 1.32" shats the neck up to 1.6 before the flange. I also know that a 14 bolt uses 28 spline shafts. Do you even know what a Klune is? Do you know what rc gears are??? What is the difference between rc and hp??? I have personally done a front end swap on a Toyota before. Have you ever set up a diff??? I have. I have done an 8.8 swap on a YJ. Try as you might to make me feel out of my league I have been building and wheeling for a long time, and I would bet that I can do both better than you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why not just give the H2, the Rubi's complete suspension and drive-train systems? Now that would make their setups more comparable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes a lot of sense

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Besides, I simply requested that you provide us with standing facts where the Rubi has "out-done" the H2. How hard is that if there is such vast difference in their "setups?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the simple fact is that there are good ways, bad ways, and innovative ways to build a 4x4. No matter how you slice it, a Rubicon has more of the good (time tested and proven) ways on it right out of the box than any other wheeler under 100k.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:35 PM

How is the googling going???
Old 01-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Banned

You are obviously a product of the Bill Clinton school of dodgination (no, not the truck). You have been offering this one same idea, that the Rubi is better, as stock, than anything else under $100,000 but you have yet to offer any proof of it, even with your self-professed experience at "wheeling for a long time."

With all of your experience, why is that so hard to do. Simply prove it. Don't spout BS about their setups which one has nothing to do with the other. Just simply prove what you are saying, that the Rubi out-wheels the H2 as stock. Why is that such a foreign concept for you to grasp?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:41 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

Superman *cough cough* would you rather have a Jeep or a Hummer H2?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superman:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Umm.... I think you need to go back and check on the differences in time between your posts. I don't believe you have any posts within the 10 minute window you used to make yourself look more stupid with this one.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Banned

Ok, it's been long enough. You have said so much **** on this board that has just slid by. Now, again tell us how the Jesuit comment was not a stupid slip up on your part. How you knew that a Jesuit WAS a Catholic. You thought Jesuit meant Jew, didn't you?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Whats with all of this childish know it all crap. I owned a wrangler and modded it to a decent degree and it made it much more fun to trail with but that's it.

I can drive me, my wife daughter and dog 1200 miles to go offroad and do both the trip and the ride in relative great comfort. Driving style is completely different with an H2 as compared to a Jeep.

Mark my words, in a few years even Jeep will relegate their suspensions to fully independent. It is all in how it is applied and IS is looking very promising in a current design challenge because of the way it is being applied.

Ok superdufus, continue on with your mindess drivel. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, it's been a humpteen posts and 2 or 3 more pages but I just wanted to say this same thing again, as it still applies.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:57 PM

Ok, it's been long enough. You have said so much **** on this board that has just slid by. Now, again tell us how the Jesuit comment was not a stupid slip up on your part. How you knew that a Jesuit WAS a Catholic. You thought Jesuit meant Jew, didn't you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't seen anyone come on this board with a link to a jesuit school that has the afforementioned problems. He said something about the catholic priests propensity toward deviant behavior and I was pointing out that this has not been an issue in jesuit schools.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:59 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Umm.... I think you need to go back and check on the differences in time between your posts. I don't believe you have any posts within the 10 minute window you used to make yourself look more stupid with this one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be because I have actually managed to do other things today than just post. I didn't know I was being timed.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by SuperBOY,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> He said something about the catholic priests propensity toward deviant behavior and I was pointing out that this has not been an issue in jesuit schools. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really are a stupid dunce or one of the worst liars in the world. You weren't pointing out anything when you said......
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I said Jesuit, not catholic. Check your facts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

except that Jesuits were not Catholics. You remind me of one of those lying Clinton Democrats that just makes up **** as you go in an attempt to dig you ass out of what ever grave you walked into. Did you even graduate from High School?
Old 01-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yet another California Jesuit, Father Canisius (not his real name), says the proposal made at the Jesuits' Rome meeting to accept homosexual members came from the top levels of Jesuit leadership in the California province. "There was a meeting of Jesuits, where a number of them spoke strongly about the right of gay men to be ordained priests and that the Church was wrongheaded and going in a direction that the rest of the culture is not," said this priest. "The people they are bringing into the society and into formation don't believe what the Church has to say about this whole 'orientation' issue. The provincials for all the different provinces across the United States wrote a note that went to the procurators' [2003 in Loyola] meeting, saying that they were upset that the recent pedophilia scandals have pointed to gay people as being the cause. The note went to the [Jesuit] father general [Father Peter-Hans Kolvenbach], saying that 'we don't think this is good and we want some statement that says that gay priests are not the cause of this problem and that gay priests are not the source of the scandals and should not be scapegoated.' The California province is one of the primary sources of this whole problem, not only within our whole Jesuit community in North America but in the North American Church."

A similar note sent to the U.S. Jesuits was signed by 10 U.S. Jesuit Provincials, including Provincial Father Thomas Smolich of California, and included this statement: "we do not equate sexual abuse with sexual orientation. We recognize that what is important to our identity as religious is our public promise of chastity and living it with integrity."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-29-2005, 10:03 PM

Mark my words, in a few years even Jeep will relegate their suspensions to fully independent. It is all in how it is applied and IS is looking very promising in a current design challenge because of the way it is being applied.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no evidence that Jeep will be going to ifs in the wrangler. There is, however evidence to the contrary.

No matter what you say about IFS it can never provide one simple physical atrribute that makes a solid axle better in slower form of off roading: leverage.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So in this time when reports of Jesuits dying of AIDS and rampant homosexuality in the ranks, the term "a Jesuit's Jesuit" has taken a whole new meaning. But in the original meaning of the term, Joseph Fessio is indeed a Jesuit's Jesuit and a real priest. We have not heard the last of him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-29-2005, 10:05 PM

You are obviously a product of the Bill Clinton school of dodgination <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I like Bush

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>With all of your experience, why is that so hard to do. Simply prove it. Don't spout BS about their setups which one has nothing to do with the other. Just simply prove what you are saying, that the Rubi out-wheels the H2 as stock. Why is that such a foreign concept for you to grasp? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To ease your worried mind...
http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/ulti...x4/index5.html
Old 01-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mr. Wills quotes the authors of a book who note "the gaying and the graying of the Jesuits." Notwithstanding, the remnant Jesuit leadership is relatively in high regard: "I think the Church is being governed by thugs," Mr. Wills quotes one Jesuit administrator, who would however not say this about the present leadership of his own order. And there is this "social bond" that is "the Catholic version of the gay movement." In some Jesuit quarters you have the beginning of a new form of social discrimination: "Some of those [straight] Jesuits interviewed express resentment at being excluded by the gays." What to do about it? Tough. There is a little band there of "restorationists." But if the order's general in Rome "should try to enforce the papal ban on any homosexual activity, the already thin ranks could be considerably reduced — gays might leave in droves, as heterosexuals already have."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no evidence that Jeep will be going to ifs in the wrangler. There is, however evidence to the contrary.

No matter what you say about IFS it can never provide one simple physical atrribute that makes a solid axle better in slower form of off roading: leverage. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You're are blindly stupid aren't you. As a matter of fact MB/Jeep has prototype suspensions already that are independent all the way around using pneumatic ride control which adapts each wheel to the terrain. Even novice builders recognize the usefullness of independent suspensions if they can be applied correctly. I really don't get it, you can't be this dense of a person.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Super,

I have wheeled with rubi's and many jeeps in both my h2 and h1. We never had a stock jeep out with us except a rubi. Now, the rubi does well, it follows the h1-h2 UNTIL....we got to big side slopes or steep climbs, which are numerous out here in socal. Jeeps just roll too easily, this is why the military killed them. So, I've gone through an h2, h1 and now I have a tourag. I'll never take the vw off road but it's well made and I dig it for now. If jeep produces the Rescue I'll probably pick it up. The foundation is similar to the h2 with front and rear lockers and other goodies, to me, that is problem solved.

BTW on the steep climbs out here the h1's and 2's were the only vehicles to do the wicked, rutted climbs. The drivers of the jeeps knew they had a greater liklihood of rollover.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Banned

To ease your worried mind...
http://trucktrend.com/roadtests/ulti...x4/index5.html <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I am completely dumbfounded. Are you trying to use that article as a basis for your argument. The rubicon was fifth, the H2SUT sixth and the H1 placed last with the Lexus and the Nissan Titan ahead of all three. Damn, I couldn't drink myself this stupid.