H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
As previously reported, oil and lube job at my Hummer dealer is $150, regular oil, and the service dept is always super busy. That's San Francisco Bay area living cost for you, the land of $1200-$1800 annual auto registration. Z, what's the cost in NYC? we maybe super expensive, but I know NYC is even more expensive than us.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't even know what things cost in NYC, I do everything in NJ. For my Jeep I payed $20 for an oil change at a local shop and $12 for a car wash. I haven't done the H2 yet but I bet they'd charge me $40 for the oil. And I've already confirmed it costs $14 for a car wash. My dealer tells me they charge $150 for the oil change on an H2.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Well, good to know at least New York city is as expensive as SF peninsula. I used to change my oil many many years ago, never enjoyed doing that, dirty, messy and it was a hassle to get rid the used oil. In general, when a professional is doing the oil change, their job is not just the oil and lube, but overall review of the entire automobile. They tell me if I need to change a belt, new tires, brakes, etc... I rely on the professionals, auto mechanic is just like a lawyer or any other professionals. Some guys love working on cars, I see some neighborhoods with people working on cars, some cars seem like always being fixed or to be fixed. I am just not that type of guy.

I spent $900 for 3 years of oil/lube services. 4-5 times a year breaks it down to $60-$75, but I know the walk in rate is $150 and seen their mail promo piece priced at $150.

Maybe I can save some money at the independent shops around the corner, the difference is small compare with average cost of $60-$75. My dealership is clean, efficient, polite and reliable. When someone goes out their way to make their shop so nice, they deserve a few dollars more and my support. It is also a peace of mind and convenient.

Sometimes, I get tired of being so cheap finding the best deals to save a few bucks.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:37 PM

Piker is off the scale

h2fan:

Just a good guess with Ramp. When I first went in there early this year they wanted $3000-$4000 over sticker for a yellow lux with a sunroof. They also have the largest inventory around.

I assume you're from the East Islip area huh? You haven't seen my H2 because i don't have one yet. I've been waiting until the lease on my POS Jeep is up at the end of the year. I'm thinking either yellow or white. What color is your H2?

When I get the H2, I'll go to some gatherings. Until then I'm waiting at least another month.

Pete
Old 10-10-2003, 05:55 PM

Drag is off the scale

How to change oil

Halfway down the page.

How To Change Your Oil

Women:

Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 since the last oil change.

Drink a cup of coffee.

15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Men:

Go to O'Reilly auto parts and write a check for 50 dollars for oil, filter, oil lift (AKA kitty litter), hand cleaner and scented tree.

Discover that the used oil container is full. Instead of taking it back to O'Reilly to recycle, dump in hole in back yard.

Open a beer and drink it.

Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.

Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.

In frustration, open another beer and drink it.

Place drain pan under engine.

Look for 9/16 box end wrench.

Give up and use crescent wrench.

Unscrew drain plug.

Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil; get hot oil on you in process.

Clean up.

Have another beer while oil is draining.

Look for oil filter wrench.

Give up; poke oil filter with Phillips screwdriver and twist it off.

Beer.

Buddy shows up; finish case with him. Finish oil change tomorrow.

Next day, drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car.

Throw oil lift (AKA kitty litter) on oil spilled during step 18.

Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.

Walk to 7-11; buy beer.

Install new oil filter making sure to apply thin coat of clean oil to gasket first.

Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.

Remember drain plug from step 11.

Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.

Hurry to replace drain plug before the whole quart of fresh oil drains onto floor.

Slip with wrench and bang knuckles on frame.

Bang head on floor board in reaction.

Begin cussing fit.

Throw wrench.

Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December(1992) in the left boob.

Clean up; apply Band-Aid to knuckle.

Beer.

Beer.

Dump in additional 4 quarts of oil.

Beer.

Lower car from jack stands.

Accidentally crush one of the jack stands.

Move car back to apply more oil lift (AKA kitty litter) to fresh oil spilled during step 23.

Drive car.

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"
Old 10-10-2003, 10:08 PM

h2fan is off the scale

drag racer thats some funny s**t piker i live in GRiver have sunset orange if your looking for the h2 go to my dealer he will give you a great price or lease.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:39 AM

Piker is off the scale

h2fan:

What dealer did you buy your H2 from? A month ago Ramp was offering $3000 off of '03 H2s. What kind of deal do you think I should expect?

I have a few friends that live in Great River. I'll keep my eyes open for your H2 (just checked out some of your pics in another post). You find any good places to go off raoding on the Island except the beach?

Pete
Old 10-13-2003, 01:02 PM

h2fan is off the scale

citi hummer in queens deep cuts
Old 10-13-2003, 09:59 PM

GOT DIRT? is off the scale

Guys I just got my hummer at ramp and got what i believe to be a good deal. Took alot of time and negotiating but was happy over all. I did get an 03 though wasn't going to pay sticker for an 04. I also got 1 year free services with home pickup and they leave me a hummer to get mine back in.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:00 AM

unaslob is off the scale

I take my h2 to the dealer.. it is like an hour drive for me but it is worth it in my mind. It costs me 50 bucks. plus I get coupons on occasion that are for free changes. I STRONGLY ADVISE TO NOT GOTO A JIFFY LUBE!!! i had a real bad experience with that when I have my oil changed on the new h2. about 900 miles... Here is what they did. they decided to check my rear diff fluid.. it is on the checklist so they did it. but the stripped the bolt, so they replaced it with one of theirs... but they replaced it with a setscrew... not a bolt that has a nylon washer like the factory one.. I leaked rear diff fluid for almost three weeks. It was in the midst of winter.. I dont wash the h2 often then... when I did i had a hard time getting the rear clean.. finally did, and drove about 20 miles down the interstate and stopped ote get gas...as I was pumping... i looked at the rear to see all these spots on the rear... god damn oil!!!! I looked down at the diff and there was oil everywhere.... it cost 300 bucks to tow it down to the dealer... then luckly there was still about 1/3 the oil in there... no obvious damage to the h2.... just needed a new diff plate and plug... jiffy lube denied it even though I had their drain plug in my hand a and a pic of the right one was well. they eventually paid...but it was a hassle...unless you are working on your own truck... I would let the guys who look at h2's every day do the work...my diff oil is checked every time to make sure there is now any damage to the gears...una!!!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX