Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 10-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road
Default OK, now that's just mean Rush!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/

Limbaugh mocks Michael J. Fox political ad
Conservative talk show host accuses actor of faking Parkinson's disease

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 10-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

funkzilla is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OK, now that's just mean Rush!

yea the fat ass pill pop'n pud puller should shut his head.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

What can you say? It's a shame (for republicans) that he did that so close to the election. I haven't seen the commercial, anyone?
Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo

Now, it could be debated that he certainly was able to control movements for longer than that while taping "Boston Legal" etc. and that he intensionally let go or exaggerated for effect- which was the intention anyway. But it is a sad disease no matter or doubt.

Fawking Celebs anyway.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/

Limbaugh mocks Michael J. Fox political ad
Conservative talk show host accuses actor of faking Parkinson's disease

No, you need to have listened to his show to understand the context of the statement. While I find Rush to be quite full of himself most of the time and usually listen to him only once in a while, what he said is dead on. Michael J. Fox is being used by the lieberals on this one. The misinformation being knowingly & willfully spewed by the Democrats is unbelievable. In a nutshell, the type of embryonic stem cell therapy that Michael J. is crying about is well known to cause tumors downstream of the injection point and is proven to be ineffective. There is a much more effective and promising therapy that uses adult basal cells, but the f*cking lieberals NEVER say a god damn word about that - they continually piss & moan about how President Bush won't fund the embryonic stem cell research. Well, guess what? There's no private funding for it either. Know why? Because it doesn't work and no matter how much money is thrown at it won't change that. So in closing, Michael J. Fox is being used like a puppet in an attempt to cast president Bush in a bad light on this. I don't see either of the c*nts, Nancy Pelosi or Hillary, diverting any funds to this.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
No, you need to have listened to his show to understand the context of the statement. While I find Rush to be quite full of himself most of the time and usually listen to him only once in a while, what he said is dead on. Michael J. Fox is being used by the lieberals on this one. The misinformation being knowingly & willfully spewed by the Democrats is unbelievable. In a nutshell, the type of embryonic stem cell therapy that Michael J. is crying about is well known to cause tumors downstream of the injection point and is proven to be ineffective. There is a much more effective and promising therapy that uses adult basal cells, but the f*cking lieberals NEVER say a god damn word about that - they continually piss & moan about how President Bush won't fund the embryonic stem cell research. Well, guess what? There's no private funding for it either. Know why? Because it doesn't work and no matter how much money is thrown at it won't change that. So in closing, Michael J. Fox is being used like a puppet in an attempt to cast president Bush in a bad light on this. I don't see either of the c*nts, Nancy Pelosi or Hillary, diverting any funds to this.

The issue is quite a bit more complicated than that...your info is also a little slanted...MJF and others are looking to remove the ban on government funding of embryonic stem cell research. You are giving one argument that the right has spit out to attempt to scare people into falling in line.

To say that someone is faking a condition like that is just f'ed up. MJF admits that he foregos his meds to demonstrate the illness in its raw form. Not everyone has the money or ability to get the meds to cope.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I agree with Rush. Everyone knows he has Parkinson's and there was no need for the exaggerated movements. If he was having a "bad day" they should have rescheduled.

F'ing dog and pony show.

He seems to be OK enough to talk elsewhere and to campaign without flopping around. http://mfile.akamai.com/12906/wmv/vo...53680.200k.asx
Old 10-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkzilla
The issue is quite a bit more complicated than that...your info is also a little slanted...MJF and others are looking to remove the ban on government funding of embryonic stem cell research. You are giving one argument that the right has spit out to attempt to scare people into falling in line.

To say that someone is faking a condition like that is just f'ed up. MJF admits that he foregos his meds to demonstrate the illness in its raw form. Not everyone has the money or ability to get the meds to cope.

Give me a f'ing break. So he forgoes his meds (but conveniently forgets to let the viewer know this). BS!!!! It's pure acting. His movements are voluntary and controlled, not jerky.

This issue is not complicated, it's very simple.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
I agree with Rush. Everyone knows he has Parkinson's and there was no need for the exaggerated movements. If he was having a "bad day" they should have rescheduled.

F'ing dog and pony show.

He seems to be OK enough to talk elsewhere and to campaign without flopping around. http://mfile.akamai.com/12906/wmv/vo...53680.200k.asx

Get PD or MS or MD and we can talk.

He is showing the true side of the illness and giving the public an idea of just what some people who cant afford the meds have to deal with.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:

Reading comprehension owns you. Rush NEVER said MJF was faking. And for you and everyone else that has bitten on the baited hook and run with it you should all be ashamed.

Do some research on the type of embryonic stem cell therapy the left is pissing & moaning about. I sure as hell wouldn't want that stuff injected into myself.

WhyTF would someone want to throw money at something that's proven not to work? Maybe they just want an issue to argue that they know that to the uninformed sounds bad and the other side won't change their stand on.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Get PD or MS or MD and we can talk.

He is showing the true side of the illness and giving the public an idea of just what some people who cant afford the meds have to deal with.

That's absurd. He is not showing crap, except the sensationlism that the Democrats have always utilized from the acting crowd.

So, since all of the people that don't have PD, MS or MD can't talk about it, they need to vote against anything or anyone that supports any research into it.

F'ing moron.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
I found it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WB_PXjTBo

Now, it could be debated that he certainly was able to control movements for longer than that while taping "Boston Legal" etc. and that he intensionally let go or exaggerated for effect- which was the intention anyway. But it is a sad disease no matter or doubt.

Fawking Celebs anyway.

Very good point...he sure looked a lot different when playing across the the hottie on Boston Legal. But I do understand that the Liberals will do anything to win this year's elections, and if it means bringing in someone like Fox to explout their cause, they will.

As for tumors and embryonic stem cell usage, here is an article that mentions some LIBERAL colleges and their studies, and the tumors resulting in the use of embryonic stem cells in mice. So to say it is a right or left wing statement is incorrect.

Rochester, NY (LifeNews.com) -- Scientists working with embryonic stem cell research on animals reconfirmed what pro-life advocates have been saying for years about it. Researcher Steven Goldman and colleagues at the University of Rochester Medical Center said injecting embryonic stem cells into the brains of patients with Parkinson's disease would cause tumors.

Goldman's research team has been injecting the controversial cells into rats that have the disease and the cells turned into tumors afterwards.

The scientists explained their findings in an article in the latest issue of Nature Medicine.

They said the embryonic stem cell injections helped some of the rats but some of the cells started growing in a manner that would eventually lead to a tumor.

"The behavioral data validate the utility of the approach. But it also raises a cautionary flag and says we are not ready for prime time yet," Goldman told the Washington Post.

He conceded that considerably more research would need to be done to determine whether the tumor problems could ever be overcome.

Parkinson's is a disease where dopamine-releasing cells in the brain die out, which leads to muscle dysfunction and can eventually cause paralysis. The goal of stem cell research in Parkinson's is to replace the dead cells with stem cells that form into new dopamine cells.

Goldman's team used human embryonic stem cells obtained by killing days-old unborn children that were grown in a special chemical used to coax them into becoming brain cells.

The team killed the rats before they could determine that the tumors that appeared to be growing actually finished appearing and they said that any embryonic stem cell treatments on humans, which has never been tried, would have to be closely monitored.

Some autopsies on the rats found tumors and that the embryonic stem cells began to grow uncontrollably rather than becoming the dopamine cells as intended.

Another team led by Ole Isacson, a Harvard Medical School professor of neuroscience and neurology, published similar results earlier this month in the online journal Stem Cells and found that the embryonic stem cells also produced tumors.

Adult stem cells have not had the same problems and have been used successfully to treat dozens of diseases and conditions. But scientists have said they don't think embryonic stem cell research will lead to a cure for Parkinson's.

University of Melbourne Emeritus Professor of Medicine Thomas Martin told Australian lawmakers recently that he did not think that embryonic stem cell research would even lead to cures for major diseases such as diabetes or Parkinson's.

Martin, an internationally recognized Fellow of the Royal Society, said the embryonic stem cells produced from human cloning would have the same problems.

http://www.lifenews.com/bio1810.html
Old 10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

Like I said - tumors downstream of the injection point and ineffective therapy.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Reading comprehension owns you. Rush NEVER said MJF was faking. And for you and everyone else that has bitten on the baited hook and run with it you should all be ashamed.

Do some research on the type of embryonic stem cell therapy the left is pissing & moaning about. I sure as hell wouldn't want that stuff injected into myself.

WhyTF would someone want to throw money at something that's proven not to work? Maybe they just want an issue to argue that they know that to the uninformed sounds bad and the other side won't change their stand on.

I think I have done the best research possible...living with it. If you have any questions call UT Southwestern's MS clinic and have a talk with them regarding ES and how it has not been fully utilized. So until you actually have a condition that could someday be cured by ES, quit suckin on the teet of mainstream republican press.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think I have done the best research possible..

Your research sucks then.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
Your research sucks then.

no ****...watching your spouse slowly fall apart does suck. thanks for your concern
Old 10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a problem with us, the viewers of the commercial, not being given the facts of the commercial.

Where's Christopher Reeve?
Old 10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
no ****...watching your spouse slowly fall apart does suck. thanks for your concern

what does that have to do with your shitty research?

and You're Welcome.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
I have a problem with us, the viewers of the commercial, not being given the facts of the commercial.

Where's Christopher Reeve?

I agree. He should have said he was not on his meds, so folks could see what others have to deal with.

The main argument most have is the destruction of the human embryo...so they quote the same med journal over and over that states that early indications showed issues with the injections (they and now looking at gene interaction with the stems...not injecting btw). The embryos are being flushed anyway from millions of people who are going thru fertility treatments...so if it is getting flushed why cant it at least get used in research.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think I have done the best research possible...living with it. If you have any questions call UT Southwestern's MS clinic and have a talk with them regarding ES and how it has not been fully utilized. So until you actually have a condition that could someday be cured by ES, quit suckin on the teet of mainstream republican press.
I understand the need to do research and the money that is needed for that, but don't you think they can go about it a different way. How would you like to have PD, MS. or LGD and then have to deal with a second problem ie: tumors. I don't think so. And I'm not even talking about the un-ethical or ethical points on this. I will not even open that can of worms, I'm just talking about the health of someone that is already sick. Why not take it from the blood from the embilical cords of all of these babies being born everyday. You know I did not save any cord blood from both of my children someone could have taken that and tried to get all of "the good stuff" from it. I would have signed it over. To me that would be just like organ donations. My point is there are other ways to get the cells that the doctors need.

And I do think the Michael J Fox deal is just bad, so now we have reached the point that we go beyond the normal bad cut throat politics and now it becomes a freak show. That is just not right. Do we show women with their bare chest and scars after they had a breast removed? No that would never be aloud, but to me it is the same thing.