H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-18-2008, 02:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

CWS is on a distinguished road
Default New Limited Edition

Something new for this Summer......a Summer Hummer. A new 'Championship Limited Edition'. Has some neat stuff and is 'bling free', pics and description located here:
http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news...ition#more-391

Enjoy, Cliff (aka Apha Falfa)

Last edited by CWS : 01-18-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Limited Edition

like the fender flare thing, but i know its got no chrome! but the color is like chrome! pure silver ive never really been a big silver fan but it looks good, looks very similar to white. I wonder how much these will be and how much they will be going for.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 01-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road

that is quite interesting - would be nice to get non-alpha (no chrome or lux) H3 with V-8 available finally. wonder when they'll roll them out and for how much
Old 01-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

A new color and a bunch of bolt-ons that everyone else can get makes it a "Special Edition?" I can't believe people are getting paid to come up with this shit.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Sewie is right. Too bad GM will not do more with content of H3. A diesel 6 speed transmission, gearing options. Instead of glitz..
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

Of course that makes it a special edition! Sure you can get most of that on your own, and sure they will mark up the **** out of those parts, but the fact that they put the V-8 in there is big news, and how can you complain about another color choice?

The H2 special editions are no different, a new color and loaded with options. While most of us have no problem customizing and choosing what we want to add to our trucks; You know there are people out there that will buy this.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have a close up of the hood.?

Easy and cheap to get made up from a sign guy.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3slate
Of course that makes it a special edition! Sure you can get most of that on your own, and sure they will mark up the **** out of those parts

And that's why its . Is anyone that sees it on the street (forum members excluded of course) going to know its a SE? No. What sets it apart from a regular model except the color and hood decal. The average person wouldn't even know that was a SE color.

V8? So they're offering it without the bling package. It's still not something you can't get anyways.

They need to offer SE models that aren't just thrown together with existing accessories. The Limited Edition H2 in Pacific Blue, with carbon fiber trim and custom steps, for example. Hell, even the H3X had different wheels, a different brushguard and the tire cover. Easily recoginizable stuff to distinguish it.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

6pack is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be interested in it. It would be nice to have the V8 without the bling, or the hassle of swapping all the bling off it. I would take off the fender flares, they look kind of cheesy to me. I wonder what kind of transmission? If it had a 5 speed I'd be standing in line for it. I do agree with wpage and sewie though. Some substantial off-road type options would be nice.
2007 H3 Lux/Adv 5 speed, Gibson Extreme Duals cat-back, K&N FIPK, PCMforless tune, SAW torsion bars, Samco Shackles, Fox Racing shocks, Trail Duty Bump Stops, 35" ProComp Xterrain tires w/Tactical Rims, Gobi Stealth Rack

Last edited by 6pack : 01-18-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
To start, the H3 Championship is equipped with HUMMER?s V8 engine, which right now is only available with the H3 Alpha package. The grill is painted to match the unique silver color, and the brake calipers and shock absorbers are painted red for a more sporty look. The Baja race was not only about speed, but about off-road, so the H3 Championship on display had some cool items to further enhance its off-road prowess.

Underbody protection, rocker panel protection, black brush guard, and extended fender flares were installed on this vehicle. Whether or not the H3 Championship will come with any or all of these is still unknown.
BWAHHAHAHAHAHA What a joke! Shouldn't these things be standard, instead they are up for consideration on a special edition.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack
I would be interested in it. It would be nice to have the V8 without the bling, or the hassle of swapping all the bling off it. I would take off the fender flares, they look kind of cheesy to me. I wonder what kind of transmission? If it had a 5 speed I'd be standing in line for it. I do agree with wpage and sewie though. Some substantial off-road type options would be nice.

exactly..

....V-8, no chrome, no leather (plus "..Underbody protection, rocker panel protection, black brush guard.."). I don't care if people on the street woudn't recognize that I have "SE"... yes if it will be offered at some point with 5-speed and adventure package, it may be very tempting. However I really like my current H3, no problems (touch wood!) and it does great job for me...so probably well overpriced SE may not be the best choice

Last edited by Dave92270 : 01-18-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

navigator32v is on a distinguished road

That is maybe the gayest thing i have ever seen short of two guys kissing. It reminds me of the days in high school when we used to paint our brake calipers and valve covers. Anybody remember the Neuspeed fanaticism? Hand me a can of spray paint and I'll make a special edition for ya. LMAO Race inspired spray paint with a crappy new color. I could make the fender flares out of some lawn edging. I guess i'd take the v8 though .
Old 01-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator32v
That is maybe the gayest thing i have ever seen short of two guys kissing. It reminds me of the days in high school when we used to paint our brake calipers and valve covers. Anybody remember the Neuspeed fanaticism? Hand me a can of spray paint and I'll make a special edition for ya. LMAO Race inspired spray paint with a crappy new color. I could make the fender flares out of some lawn edging. I guess i'd take the v8 though .

off course, the "improvements" as red painted parts are cheesy as hell, but that V8 under the hood counts, and all the factory installed off-road stuff counts too. I don't like the paint; black would be better, or any other color in that matter. So, why is it that GM doesn't want to give us V-8 as option for regular H3? Is it so they can squeeze out more $$$ on the other extra options that currently have to go with V8 equipped model - such as bling on Alpha, or the "uniqueness" of SE? Is this smart marketing?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

you see though there not trying to cater to us (offroaders who are in depth with the vehicle) they are trying to cater to the majority of people who see the vehicle from outside want a "special edition" and what not, of course us people who know the car think this is dumb (besides the V-8), but as soon as people hear theres a speical edition whether they like it or not there going to get it cuase its special edition.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road