H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

TouchdownTN is off the scale
Default 03 Wiper Motor

My 03 H2 is involved in the recall about the wiper cover being replaced. But I have also had my wiper motor making a loud noise as if it is tearing up and the wipers seem to be more sluggish now than before. In the recall it says that the new cover will keep water out of the wiper motor. It also says that water entering this motor could damage it. The dealer says no way Hummer will cover it and wants over $400 for the wiper motor, not counting installation. Hummer customer service is contacting the dealer and I'm waiting to hear what they will do for me. This truck has 65,000 miles, no way the wiper motor should be failing if it was built right, unless something is causing it to malfunction (Water?). Can anybody get me the part # for the wiper motor in case I have to order one myself if Hummer refuses to help me out? I'll update this post when I find out more. I have read on another topic where "hummog" got a replacement with a $50 deductible. At this point I'd be thrilled with that! Thanks for your help with the part # and reading about my problem!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: 03 Wiper Motor

Hummer customer service called me back. The only information they had for me was that according to the dealer (Hummer of Knoxville), that my problem was unrelated to any recalls. I asked the customer service rep if the dealer even inspected the motor to see if water may have damaged it and he told me that the dealer was very short with him and wouldn't give him any more information. The dealer even asked him why he kept calling them and that the dealer tried to rush him off the phone. The kicker was that the dealer implied to him something to the affect that they didn't need customer's like me. The only time I have been to the dealer is for recall work which is a goldmine for the dealer, so I figured I was doing them a favor. Needless to say I don't know anything else except for certain that the dealer doesn't appreciate his customers. Some type of manager with Hummer is supposed to call me to figure out what to do next! I will update this thread when I get more information!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Does anyone have any contact info for Hummer Customer Service, besides the generic phone # on the website. My customer service rep transferred my case # to higher level of support and I can't get them to answer or call me back! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Hummer Professional

Lucky1 is off the scale

Hummer won't do anything but call you repeatedly for weeks asking if you had your truck repaired at the dealership yet. I have the same problem and 800 Hummer or whatever it's called said that there was no recall that they have heard of and after I argued they called back and said it wasn't for my truck. They won't do squat and even if it is a legitimate recall on your truck, who is going to lawyer up and fight them ? With Hummer biting the dust they are not trying to be responsible for anything. That's really crappy.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Just found out a friend of mine is a friend of the dealer manager. He gave me his # to see if he could help me get the problem resolved! I'm waiting on a call back to see if they can do anything!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

No Help from dealer or Hummer! Is gmpartsdirect.com the best place to buy parts from any of your experiences! I will either try to install myself or let a local mechanic do it. Is replacing the wiper motor an easy enough job for a DIY project or should I get a mechanic to do it? Looks like I'll be out about $300 to $350 just for parts. Thanks in advance for any info!