H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Yesterday I installed the Vizualogic headrest DVD system and the 05 touch screen Navigation. Thanks to Las Vegas and Klaus for their help. Just to let owners of 05 H2's know if they do the swap, the VSS (speed signal) wire is already in the harness. I was hoping to figure out how to mount the antenna in the stock location but I could not figure it out. I ended up modifying the bracket like Klaus did. I already had the factory XM and it works great with the touch screen. A nice surprise was the sound quality is much improved over the standard 6 disk. The audio allows for midrange adjustment also where the 6 disk does not. The NAV works but it lists my address wrong. When I type in my address, it locates my house across the street and down the road. I have not driven it yet because when you start it the Theftlock is activated. I can use it pulling the fuse, turning the kew one click and then replacing the fuse. My dealer will unlock it next week.

All in all I am very happy with the looks and the performance from the audio. The total cost was $875 for the head unit, $60.00 for the antenna and $105.00 for the DVD disk. Is there a manual in PDF format for the 05 head unit? I see one posted for the 2004 system but not the 05 system.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Yesterday I installed the Vizualogic headrest DVD system and the 05 touch screen Navigation. Thanks to Las Vegas and Klaus for their help. Just to let owners of 05 H2's know if they do the swap, the VSS (speed signal) wire is already in the harness. I was hoping to figure out how to mount the antenna in the stock location but I could not figure it out. I ended up modifying the bracket like Klaus did. I already had the factory XM and it works great with the touch screen. A nice surprise was the sound quality is much improved over the standard 6 disk. The audio allows for midrange adjustment also where the 6 disk does not. The NAV works but it lists my address wrong. When I type in my address, it locates my house across the street and down the road. I have not driven it yet because when you start it the Theftlock is activated. I can use it pulling the fuse, turning the kew one click and then replacing the fuse. My dealer will unlock it next week.

All in all I am very happy with the looks and the performance from the audio. The total cost was $875 for the head unit, $60.00 for the antenna and $105.00 for the DVD disk. Is there a manual in PDF format for the 05 head unit? I see one posted for the 2004 system but not the 05 system.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 02:06 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

89Vette... when you install and first turn the nav on it takes about 20 minutes to "find itself" correctly. So after you get it unlocked, just drive it around a while till it settles down. Then you can calibrate it if necessary.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

89Vette,

Just out of curiosity, did you buy a used nav unit? According to Klaus, brand new units do not need to be unlocked by the dealer.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 03-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I bought it on Ebay for $850.00. It was a new unit that was pulled from an installer. He had a bunch of them for sale. I bought the antenna for about $60.00 and the DVD on E-Bay for $100. The dealer did not charge me to unlock it.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

In all honesty, your Nav radio is probably hot. The guy probably went on a stealing spree at some dealership. That's going around now.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I like my version better.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:36 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

89V "version" is plausible. In the Palm Desert area, the NAV in Hummers are not in demand nor wanted in most cases(for some strange reason). I had to Special Order one w/NAV because of this....
Old 03-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

mattyg50 is off the scale

is there away to install a factory one in an 03?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Search! Search! Search!
Old 03-31-2005, 04:00 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

I sent back my INR and bought two brand new TNR's; one for the H2 and one for the Yukon. I sent the INR back because no GM dealer in the Seattle area would program it for me!

Anyway, the Yukon get's its TNR tomorrow and the H2 next week! I can't wait!
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 07-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2FAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Sucessful Navigation install

I picked up model 1580000 navigation for my 05 Lux the other day from a fellow member. When I call the dealer for appointment to install he freaked on me. Told me that unless it was divorced properly from the original vehicle he wouldn't be able to unlock the unit. This makes sense to anyone?

Gave me the same story when I mentioned the backup cam from Boulder Accessories. Told me my computer couldn't handle it. Should I be concerned and find someone else to do install now?
2009 R350 4matic
1999 Suburaban LT 2500 4wd SOLD
Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

scottminor is on a distinguished road

Not true. He can blow out what is in there. I bought a TNR nav for my 03 Avalanche. There is no real way to divorce it. The idea is that only a dealer with a computer can make it work. Took the tech about 2 min and I was out the door. Gave him 20 bucks for doing it on the side and being a swell dude.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

I've never heard of this 'divorce' thing...I'm pretty sure a tech2 and hook the nav right up.

Let me know if you need assistance from me...as the navs original owner.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2FAR
I picked up model 1580000 navigation for my 05 Lux the other day from a fellow member. When I call the dealer for appointment to install he freaked on me. Told me that unless it was divorced properly from the original vehicle he wouldn't be able to unlock the unit. This makes sense to anyone?

Gave me the same story when I mentioned the backup cam from Boulder Accessories. Told me my computer couldn't handle it. Should I be concerned and find someone else to do install now?

How'd this work out for you?

If the dealer is still giving you a hard time you may want to track down a local audio installer in your area. The one down the street from me has a Tech2 (I don't know how he got it or if he's "supposed" to have it); maybe you can find someone other than the dealer to perform your annulment.