H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 01-13-2003, 12:20 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

This should make Zazing a little happier!
Attached Images

but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:20 AM

This should make Zazing a little happier!
Old 01-13-2003, 12:22 AM

Another one.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2003, 12:32 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

NICE!!! I think I will enjoy my H2 most in driving around in the snow. Very cool, thanks for posting.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis is off the scale

To be sure, it's been a while since I was in Brooklyn but I don't remember it looking like this. Somewhere else, right?
Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 AM

Yeah, you're right. The pix were taken at Stratton Mountain, VT. We've had a big snow year up there (as I'm sure you know!). It seems to snow every day. I've never seen it like this in many years. We have almost no driveway left, due to all the plowed snow, but I'm sure it's nothing like what those in the West are getting.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:13 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

The scenery is truly beautiful there. I've only visited the Northeast once, in the summer (Maine) but I LOVED it. Some of the most beautiful country I'd seen.

When we get ready to take a vacation, are you willing to offer travel advice Brooklyn?

Kelley
Old 01-14-2003, 03:06 PM

Why certainly! We should meet, too, even if we have already for the Homecoming planning committee.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:17 PM

I kind of figured it was a foregone conclusion! No way I'd travel all that way and not meet up with my H2 sista' on the East Coast!

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bklynh2srock:
Why certainly! We should meet, too, even if we have already for the Homecoming planning committee.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis is off the scale

STRATTON! My wife and I used to own a condo there and she was on the ski patrol for 6 years. Haven't been back in several years. Is "Tenderloins" still in business?

--Kelly, you are right, Maine is a delight. It's as much fun in the winter as the summer, especially important since we seem to have a lot more winter than summer.
I'd comment more but my H2 is arriving tomorrow and I can't concentrate.

-Dennis
Old 01-15-2003, 12:33 AM

Congrats on your H2's imminent arrival! We hardly slept the night before. We even stalked it at the dealer. Be sure to let us all know how it went!

Yes, Tenderloins is still in business. The mountain's changed quite a bit since you left (it's all your fault, I'm sure!). Since Intrawest bought it, the mountain itself is in fantastic shape, with three six-person really high-speed lifts and lots of snowmaking. But they're really trying to make it a chi-chi place. On-mountain country club and all. Peter's family has had a house there for fifteen years -- he probably had a run-in or two with your wife when he was a college kid (now he knows Patrol, Fink particularly, because he's made a couple of trips to Carlos Otis)!

Are you near Bethel & Sunday River? I'll have to pick your brain about Maine, mainly the coast -- we've never been and were planning a trip up this summer. We always loved road trips, but driving's so much more fun in an H2!

[This message was edited by bklynh2srock on January 14, 2003 at 07:07 PM.]
Old 01-15-2003, 02:12 AM

We vacationed in Wells, Maine in a cabin on the coast. It was incredible. We also visited Kennebunk and Kennebunkport. I loved the character of the towns. They have old victorian houses that have been converted into fast food joints...never see stuff like that in California!

Kelley
Old 01-15-2003, 05:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis is off the scale

Melissa--regarding Stratton, it was always an upscale place so if it's more so now must be uh..."interesting". We're about 14 miles south of Bethel/Sunday River. Be happy to share our experiences of Maine although we've spent most of our time in western Maine since my wife has transferred her intense focus from skiing to horses.
Kelly--Wells, yes, that's the civilized part of Maine. Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are great fun, stayed there (in one of those Victorian houses) for a weekend. Also great spots to visit are Freeport (home of L.L.Bean, open 24/7/365) and Camden. Camden is really a wonderful traditional seacoast village with a harbor full of old schooners and fishing vessels. Haven't been to Bar Harbor in ages but it was very nice last time I was there. So, happy to assist in travel planning whenever you're ready
Old 01-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Every time people talk about Maine I get excited. I like starting West where Dennis is, and then slowly heading North then East. Moosehead Lake is nice. Lots of mountains and lakes in this part of Maine and in my opinion is where the real beaty is. Worth going to Katahdin on your way East, Maine's highest mountain and where the Appalachian trail ends/begins. Eventually get to Bar Harbor and Acadia and you will have fallen in love with Maine. Then come down along the shore and stop in these towns like Camden. I like to camp but there are nice inns and B&Bs all along the way. Best of all there isn't better territory for the H2. It is fun to try to take short cuts off road and see where you wind up. I can't wait to go this summer.

Do I hear a Maine H2 event in the works here? Not to worry Kelley, there will plenty space available with me or Brooklyn if you leave yours home.
Old 01-18-2003, 01:30 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, thanks, Z! I think a cross-country trip in my H2 might be just the ticket. My husband has never been to Maine and hears me relive it evey so often...I think we need to put it on the list. I'm beginning to realize that with each trip I take to different parts of the US it's going to involve meeting up with folks from this forum. What a blast!

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do I hear a Maine H2 event in the works here? Not to worry Kelley, there will plenty space available with me or Brooklyn if you leave yours home.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-18-2003, 04:27 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Coincidentally, I just came back from the supermarket where I met a guy with and H2 who had CA plates. I couldn't resist talking to him. He lives here but bought the H2 while in CA and said the ride X-country was awesome. Something I plan to do one of these days myself.