H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-30-2005, 05:32 AM

khiarrr is off the scale

I've scheduled a BBB arbitration hearing for this Wednesday, and last Thursday and Friday GM called me and made an offer to buy back my 2003 H2 with 27,000 miles for 38,000. I declined the offer and am going to the hearing on Wednesday. I'm going to insist on getting a new car or the 55,600, or I'll hire a lawyer and see them in court.

How are my chances? The car leaked, and after 5 times, the leak seemingly stopped, but it hasn't rained, so I'm not sure. Now the stereo resets every time I get in the car, and recently the car won't ignite and I have to jump start it every time.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:32 AM

khiarrr is off the scale

I've scheduled a BBB arbitration hearing for this Wednesday, and last Thursday and Friday GM called me and made an offer to buy back my 2003 H2 with 27,000 miles for 38,000. I declined the offer and am going to the hearing on Wednesday. I'm going to insist on getting a new car or the 55,600, or I'll hire a lawyer and see them in court.

How are my chances? The car leaked, and after 5 times, the leak seemingly stopped, but it hasn't rained, so I'm not sure. Now the stereo resets every time I get in the car, and recently the car won't ignite and I have to jump start it every time.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

Let me see if I fully understand this. You used a vehicle for 2 years. It has(had) a leak that you aren't sure if it's fixed. The radio resets. And supposedly you need to jump start the truck every time you start it.

Has GM looked at the radio/start issue?

You want all of the money spent on the vehicle returned, although you obviously have gotten use out of it. So your intention is to have had a H2 to use for 2 years for free.

I think your intentions are rediculous.

Maybe Maybe , if you had under 10K miles to show that you had no use of the unit because of the problems, or had you done this within 6 months of ownership.

But to expect to drive it for free for 2 years, GM was fair in the offer given. Your greed will cause you to lose on the offer given. When all is said and done, you will be left with a settle ment of a dicount coupon and your next GM purchase.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 05-30-2005, 01:50 PM

h2sin is off the scale

I think hes taking the punitive damages route
Old 05-30-2005, 01:50 PM

lexpro is off the scale

What trim level is the H2? Where are you located?
Old 05-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khiarrr:
...GM called me and made an offer to buy back my 2003 H2 with 27,000 miles for 38,000. I declined the offer and am going to the hearing on Wednesday. I'm going to insist on getting a new car or the 55,600, or I'll hire a lawyer and see them in court.

How are my chances? The car leaked, and after 5 times, the leak seemingly stopped, but it hasn't rained, so I'm not sure. Now the stereo resets every time I get in the car, and recently the car won't ignite and I have to jump start it every time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd better think long and hard about taking their VERY generous offer. Your demands are very unreasonable considering you've continued to use your H2 for 2 years and have 38,000 miles on it.

BTW, where are you from?
Old 05-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what people don't understand about arbitration hearings. If the arbiter believes the plaintiff or defendant (GM) is being unreasonable (which IMO you are somewhat) they will find against you and that will end your ability to go any further. In other words, you will be stuck with the vehicle you hate, the payments, plus there won't be a dealer that will touch the vehicle as long as you own it. The offer GM made was a good one, what they expected was a reasonable counter-offer or exactly what you said to them. That way they can say they attempted to be reasonable, you were not, and they prepared their defense accordingly.

IMHO, you have just screwed yourself, unless you walk in with a different attitude and are willing to accept that you did indeed get pleasure and/or business from the vehicle and that that is/was worth something.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to jump start the car every time?

No human being would deal with that and it would have easily been covered under a lemon law.

I call bull****.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:47 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm going to insist on getting a new car or the 55,600, or I'll hire a lawyer and see them in court. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it binding arbitration? If so, you might want to take G.M.Partsguy's advice as it might be your ONLY legal chance.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

This is interesting...

Quote from khiarrr pulled from Elcova archives:

I have a 2003 H2, I've had it for a couple months, but my dad drove it for a couple years before that...
I recently noticed that the carpet was wet, it was pretty bad, the insulation was soaked, and the carpet was wet all the way to the second row of seats, it messed up my DVD system...

I took it to the dealer the first time, they said it was from the truck lights on the top, and they told me they fixed it...
When they gave it back to me and it rained again, the same problem occured.
After the second time, the problem still happened when I wash my car...
After their third try at it, it still leaks...

Any ideas why it's happening, or what I can do?

EndQuote
---------------------------------------------

Now, did your DAD complain about this within the timeframe, or is just your time with it? This is beginning to smell...

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-30-2005, 09:17 PM

khiarrr is off the scale

Well, I'm sorry for displaying my 'greed', I'll just go on Wednesday and see what happens. I can get more than 38,000 for that car anyway.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khiarrr:

How are my chances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>1 in 1,000,000 chance.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Should have taken the deal...it does not get that much better than that. I like that GM stepped to the plate to meet your needs.

More over, I had two leaks...fixed them myself...and I am on the road with a smile on my face...not sitting in a court room with poor lighting!

Good luck none the less!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:07 PM

khiarrr is off the scale

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

If you think you can bump them up to 40K or so, give it a try. But with 2 years and 26k mi. of use, you can't make an argument for full retail reimbursement. You can buy a used '03 in mint condition with lower mileage for less than they are offering you, so you will have a hard time getting the arbiter to side with you. If you go to court, unless your attorney is a friend or relative, they will take 30 to 40% of your settlement. That will leave you with something between $26,600 and $23,400. Good luck replacing your H2 with that amount of money!
Old 05-31-2005, 01:18 AM

4churchill is off the scale

How are my chances? The car leaked, and after 5 times, the leak seemingly stopped, but it hasn't rained, so I'm not sure. Now the stereo resets every time I get in the car, and recently the car won't ignite and I have to jump start it every time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 05-31-2005, 02:43 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Go on! Take the money and run...
by Steve Miller Band.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Hummer Professional

Ed G. is off the scale

What dealership are you taking it to?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Hummer Authority