H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

lobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so I thought the side air bag constraint issue had been cleared up thanks to all of you.

However, I am still trying to have my H3 ordered and --

Week 1 - we missed by a day - supposedly the dealership can only order on Thursdays? Is this true?

Week 2 - I was told the order couldn't go through because of the side airbag constraint (not available as an option)? (Feeling a bit irritated as I received an email from GM stating they were available to order)

Now Today Week 3 - Still no order placed - this time I was told the Sun Roof is on constraint.
Are the sun roof's on constraint?

Do dealers only order on Thursdays?

What about placing the order with constraints and have it go through once the options are available?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ok so I thought the side air bag constraint issue had been cleared up thanks to all of you.

However, I am still trying to have my H3 ordered and --

Week 1 - we missed by a day - supposedly the dealership can only order on Thursdays? Is this true?

Week 2 - I was told the order couldn't go through because of the side airbag constraint (not available as an option)? (Feeling a bit irritated as I received an email from GM stating they were available to order)

Now Today Week 3 - Still no order placed - this time I was told the Sun Roof is on constraint.
Are the sun roof's on constraint?

Do dealers only order on Thursdays?

What about placing the order with constraints and have it go through once the options are available?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

This is simple, call Sewell Hummer in Dallas and ask them as they will shoot you straight. And I am sure they can sell you one and have it delivered to your Hummer dealer of choice.

Dont let them waste your time any longer, get what you want and no BS.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:18 PM

Billy Ray is off the scale

Another Sewell vote. They are good people.

BR
Old 06-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think H3 Builder is Isuzu Builder for the next few months. The plant is going to be putting out new Isuzu i-280 and i-350 trucks, variants of the Colorado and Canyon. Not sure what that does about the H3 production schedule.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

They are telling you the truth, and it is not un-commen with a hot product to have some of those things go on constraint. Take it easy and get what you want and yes talk to Brian the Hummer guy at Sewell
Old 06-16-2005, 08:59 PM

firm is off the scale

Yeah there were so many constraints on my order (4/29/05) that I just had to go with Sewell. Don't forget the plant is closed for 2 weeks in July, the marker lights, and manual transmission are on hold. After hearing all this, I wanted an H3 that would be built before the vacation. I'm planning on flying to Sewell when mine is ready. By my count they have already made Over 12,000 H3's, I believe they were only going to make 30,000 this year.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM

Mervz is off the scale

1- Wrong... orders go in on Tuesdays
2. Correct
3- Dealer didn't order soon enough, is giving you the run around
Old 06-16-2005, 10:23 PM

srqhumdinger is off the scale

My H3 was built on 5/27, but it is still on hold at the factory. It's a Boulder Gray, automatic, Adventure package, with sunroof. Could the "sunroofs on constraint" cause a vehicle already built to be held up? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

When i was buying mine I was told that there was a delay on the sunroofs. Wasnt told why, but the dealer did mention that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by srqhumdinger:
My H3 was built on 5/27, but it is still on hold at the factory. It's a Boulder Gray, automatic, Adventure package, with sunroof. Could the "sunroofs on constraint" cause a vehicle already built to be held up? Any information would be greatly appreciated! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

So you're telling me that the orders DO only go in once a week but that it is on Tuesdays. Is that right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mervz:
1- Wrong... orders go in on Tuesdays
2. Correct
3- Dealer didn't order soon enough, is giving you the run around </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

So is it possible to "order" my vehicle with options that are on constraint and then wait until they go off constraint before it's built?

Can Sewell order these vehicles with these options right now? Or are they having to wait to place these orders?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
They are telling you the truth, and it is not un-commen with a hot product to have some of those things go on constraint. Take it easy and get what you want and yes talk to Brian the Hummer guy at Sewell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Again I want to understand - so you were able to place your order with Sewell for all the options even the ones on constraint. And through Sewell you will be getting you H3 sooner than any other dealer?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
Yeah there were so many constraints on my order (4/29/05) that I just had to go with Sewell. Don't forget the plant is closed for 2 weeks in July, the marker lights, and manual transmission are on hold. After hearing all this, I wanted an H3 that would be built before the vacation. I'm planning on flying to Sewell when mine is ready. By my count they have already made Over 12,000 H3's, I believe they were only going to make 30,000 this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By my count they have already made Over 12,000 H3's, I believe they were only going to make 30,000 this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll easily out do that. After the down weeks we will be building half of the daily build will be H3's. Approx. 400+ per day + all the overtime we will ever want. The 30,000 was at the rate that was planned for rampup and we obliterated that, ramped up to full production in 9 days instead of 45 days with exceptional quality. So when we get to 30,000, we'll only just be getting started. As for sunroofs, we're still building a lot of them. So I'm not sure what's up with that.
As far as Isuzu, that will be cutting into the
colorado and Canyon part. It was to be approx 10 to 20,000 units a year to start in August.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Here's what a friend said:

The guys ordering at the Hummer dealers are working with the GM Vechical Order Managemernt System VOM they call it VOMs (sometimes "vomit"

You need to speak to that guy because he will know what is going on.

On Thursday dealers recieve their allocations. They find out what is available to them of all makes and models that they carry. They find out what they "earned" in allocations. Larger dealers will have earned greater allocations.

During the week they can also recieve "Memos" from GM that discuss constraints. These Memos might tell them for example that sunroofs might not be availalbe for 4 months (example) and to go ahead and only place orders without them. IN this case the sunroof would be considered to be on National constraint.

When they look at their allocations on Thursday for how many H3's they have (if they have allocations) they can try to create an order. When they are using the VOM they might find that they only have an allocation for 2 hummer H3 without sunroofs and 2 hummer H3 with sunroofs. So the sunroofs might be on constraint but the constraint is not a National constraint. If there are no sunroofs available to any dealers then they are said to be on National constraint and no dealers will be able to place an order for a H3 with a sunroof.

If the dealer working with the VOM has two H3s without sunroof and 2 H3s with sunroof the dealer might choose "which" customers that want sunroofs will be associated with that allocation. So if you have a lower priority on the dealers list you will have to wait until they recieve their next allocation of H3s with sunroofs because you have been bumped.

Ask the dealer if the sunroofs are on National constraint (no dealers can place an order for a sunroof H3). If it is not a National constraint then it is just an allocation issue.

The dealer recieves allocation information on all GM vechicals on Thursday and knows if the order was accepted on Tuesday.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:58 AM

firm is off the scale

I talked with my dad (former GM employee), and he thinks we are all nuts to fly to Dallas to get the H3. He says just wait until all the holds are taken off and then order what you want. My Opinion is that could be 2007.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:35 AM

firm is off the scale

Anybody hear anything about the Marker light constraints being lifted?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:14 AM

I was told that sunroofs are now on constraint, and that there would not be any more for a while. Anyone know if this is true? Or what the problem with the sunroof is?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by srqhumdinger:
I was told that sunroofs are now on constraint, and that there would not be any more for a while. Anyone know if this is true? Or what the problem with the sunroof is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe its just too much demand -- but some dealers are allowed to put in a small number of orders with sunroofs.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Another question: When I ordered my H3 (in May), the dealer's parts department had a set of GM marker lights (12499109) in stock. Being a constant reader of this forum, and knowing there was a shortage, I purchased the set of lights and brought them home with me. At least I had the lights, even if I didn't have the car! Now, finally the car has come in and the service department says that they cannot install the lights because they are "quarantined" (?). Of course they are willing to refund my money, but I don't want to give up my lights! What could be the problem?