H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-29-2003, 04:30 PM

SJ is off the scale

Why do any of you care what other people are posting about the H2 on OTHER FORUMS? I've been on this forum since the time it was a chat format and there were 4 or 5 of us shooting the breeze about a rig that was yet to be introduced to the public. I've seen very valuable and intelligent members leave because they're sick of the juvenile and abrasive atmosphere that's manifested lately.

You can write these people off as not having thick-skin, but I can assure you that this is not the case. Further, my point is proven by way of all the arguments (among members and between members and visitors/trolls) as of late.

Can't we all agree to the following logical premises here:

1. Hummers are not the only vehicles hitting the trails - we should welcome all wheelers here, so long as they wish to contribute to the site and be respectful. The core theme will always be the H2 here, but why shut ourselves off to the rest of the 4 x 4 world, unless Jason deems such controls necessary.

2. If you do or don't wheel your H2 - fine; it doesn't matter, so long as you're enjoying ownership. We each bought our H2 for different reasons. It's a free-market economy and God Bless us for making it work!

3. HUMMER is not the best off-road vehicle. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't feel any one marque is the pinnacle. There are way too many facets of wheeling to consider one rig the absolute best. Each truck has its strengths and weaknesses.

4. Chrome vs. Camo: We get the chromed H2s sitting on 23" wheels and every other style of H2 under the sun. The various iterations of the H2 are basically a testament to how personalities vary in the automotive world. Jeeps, Rovers, and Cadillacs are customized in various ways too!

In summary, if you look at some of the threads posted here today, you'll see that we've migrated as a group to more bashing of other brands. We've also come to increasing verbal blows with each other to no avail.

Truck and SUV owners must unite and stop the closure of trails. This internal brand bashing accomplishes absolutely nothing and it only hurts the H2 owners (and others) when all is said and done.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 07-29-2003, 04:30 PM

SJ is off the scale

Why do any of you care what other people are posting about the H2 on OTHER FORUMS? I've been on this forum since the time it was a chat format and there were 4 or 5 of us shooting the breeze about a rig that was yet to be introduced to the public. I've seen very valuable and intelligent members leave because they're sick of the juvenile and abrasive atmosphere that's manifested lately.

You can write these people off as not having thick-skin, but I can assure you that this is not the case. Further, my point is proven by way of all the arguments (among members and between members and visitors/trolls) as of late.

Can't we all agree to the following logical premises here:

1. Hummers are not the only vehicles hitting the trails - we should welcome all wheelers here, so long as they wish to contribute to the site and be respectful. The core theme will always be the H2 here, but why shut ourselves off to the rest of the 4 x 4 world, unless Jason deems such controls necessary.

2. If you do or don't wheel your H2 - fine; it doesn't matter, so long as you're enjoying ownership. We each bought our H2 for different reasons. It's a free-market economy and God Bless us for making it work!

3. HUMMER is not the best off-road vehicle. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't feel any one marque is the pinnacle. There are way too many facets of wheeling to consider one rig the absolute best. Each truck has its strengths and weaknesses.

4. Chrome vs. Camo: We get the chromed H2s sitting on 23" wheels and every other style of H2 under the sun. The various iterations of the H2 are basically a testament to how personalities vary in the automotive world. Jeeps, Rovers, and Cadillacs are customized in various ways too!

In summary, if you look at some of the threads posted here today, you'll see that we've migrated as a group to more bashing of other brands. We've also come to increasing verbal blows with each other to no avail.

Truck and SUV owners must unite and stop the closure of trails. This internal brand bashing accomplishes absolutely nothing and it only hurts the H2 owners (and others) when all is said and done.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:34 PM

ItsaJeepThing95 is off the scale

Well put. From what I've seen there isn't TOO much brand bashing, but I didn't read the whole thread about jeepforum.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Tucson Beast

Hey SJ

DITTO

If you do not like the thread (arguments & juvenile and abrasive atmosphere) - don't comment - there are so many good threads here on the forum. The forum is like a mini society there is good and there is disappointment. I love the H2 and I love to hear all (good and bad) about it.

Thanks

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 07-29-2003, 05:02 PM

SJ is off the scale

Tucson:

Yep, I don't mind the complaints if people are experiencing trouble with the H2 - that's not my issue. Further, I can certainly ignore ill-sprited threads, but my overall point is the following:

Rather than sit by and watch valuable members leave in disgust at the overall "deteriorating" atmosphere; why not state the case here and now for rational thought and mature discussion to prevail.

That's all - I can skip over certain threads and I'm not trying to manipulate content, just asking for common courtesy and more understanding for various opinions.

I think the Internet is a venue by which some folks like to vent their anger.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

SJ - Those were the ggo old days - Dreamin about the H2 finally coming home! The chat forum was great back then!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I agree with SJ’s points completely, BUT, I got 14 cents too.

1- Bottomline first. The H2 forum is an undisputed success, with increasing new active members.
2- Jason’s hands-off policy works, the proof is obvious, no reason to fix anything that works.
3- No single member is vital or relevant.
4- People leave for combination of any of the 1,000 reasons, from personal career/finance/marriage/time problem, or they just got tired of it or want to kick the addiction. Any Holier-than-thou excuse is just a front.
5- Whatever the real reason for departure is personal and not relevant to others.
6- One person’s “intelligent” is another person’s “stupidity”.
7- As we speak, we are currently under Jeep trolls attack, that too shall pass, as the Discovery, Rover or whatever attacks in the past.
8- The only reason that attack is ongoing is because our own members enjoy the engagement and fueling the attack.
9- It is futile to try to regulate other members words and actions by your standard. It is like sending in the Marines to Liberia or Palestine, any peace you bring is only momentary, you, your motive and standard will be the target in due time.
10- Those who claimed to be offended by the troll wars were part of other troll wars in the past.
11- When one is involved in a troll war, one finds the war is just and worthwhile; when one is not involved, one finds the war annoying and degrading.
12- People who don’t go off-road have been attacked and insulted 100s of times with rarely anyone offered any rebuttal.
13- I never seen anyone make fun of people who go off-road.
14- By choice, I do not read most of the posts and topics.

Let it be.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:34 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I agree with you SJ, but that brrr guy went too far. Despite the fact that I like Jeeps....he was out there to put it in our faces and knock the H2. There is no other way to interpret his writing.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

good post MAC!
Old 07-30-2003, 02:34 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

The Hummer forum is like the Borg collective, it has its own personality and character, formed by the active members, and all that changes daily. The departure and arrival of members are not only the natural cycle but also maintain the freshness and vitality of the forum. On some days, it is mainly off road only, another day could be lights, fuel door or 3rd row seat, Anti-SUV or the main focus could be a troll war. Not even the forum Supreme Being, Jason the Creator and Administrator can do much about it. To enjoy the forum is much like a happy marriage, you cannot try to change your spouse, you have to learn to live with it and make the best out of it.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:37 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Alec....he was here to antagonize and provoke responses, he just did it in a soft manner so as to seem reasonable. His intentions are clearly malicious: boast the jeep, dis the Hummer.

I was fine with him until he turned his hostility and "wisdom" on me. As heads go, he was a dick.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:06 PM

SJ is off the scale

Steve R & MAC:

You guys raise good points and sure as day - I've been one of the first to take part in some troll stomping my self. Further, my post was not directed at any one individual member here; I just wanted us to be more respectful of each other as an overlying premise. That's all.

I'm not exactly the "sunshine and flowers" kind of guy, so you have to realize that I said these things out of appreciation for how far this site has come with members not always agreeing with each other, but accepting that we have different views. I was merely seeing less tolerance for differing viewpoints.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:21 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Understood and agree. Among friends, one does not have to explain every word and action nor worry about misunderstanding or hurt feeling all the time.

In the last Majed troll war, 2 ladies were upset about what they read and thought that was racism, which I disagreed because I was a combatant in that war. Personally I regreted their departure, miss them and wish they would stay, but both have not shown up for weeks PRIOR to that war. I had self-reflection and wish we had a chance to openly discuss the case, but that was not to be and it didn't work that way. I hope they will come back one day when they have the time, but that cannot be done by getting all emotional nor by making a major case out of it. That was truly regrettable, they were major attractions of the forum.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Life is like a box of chocolates......you never know when some trolls will show up and grow some weeds in your cabage patch!

Yeah...the ladies were already minimalizing prior to the "war". It's very difficult to read someones true intent and wit when it comes to the forum....
Old 07-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

MAC, Hopefully those "GIRLS" are at home Cooking, Cleaning, Doing Wash, Changing diapers and doing what girls are supposed to do.
If women would stay off of computers and do a little better job cleanin the house and minding to their chores the divorce rate would not be north of 60%. When a women has time to go online I hope the shoes are shined, the lawn is mowed, the trash is out and the floors are clean!
P.S. The wife should greet her man at the end of his long hard workday with a smile a cold glass of freshly brewed iced tea and have a great positive attitude not to mention be freshly showered and a perky outfit to help take the husbands mind off the drudgery and pressure of being the almighty supportive bread winner.

P.S.S. Also make sure the kids are quiet and hand him the news paper that is still freshly folded and untouched!
THANK YOU!
Old 07-30-2003, 05:32 PM

Fellow Off-Roader is off the scale

just now have joined your formum based upon what SJ said at the start of this thread. being my first post I guess its only fitting that it follows the infamous "Hummerman".

anyhow, as a newbie on this board and a fellow off-roader, I hope to add some beneficial information on some of the topics. and although I own 2 Land Rovers, I feel the H2 is one hell of a cool vehicle.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

The Good Wife's Guide

-Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.

-Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

-Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

-Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.

-During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

-Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.

-Be happy to see him.

-Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

-Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

-Don't greet him with complaints and problems.

-Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.

-Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

-Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

-Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

-A good wife always knows her place.

Original source: Housekeeping Monthly - 1955.

http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife...dwifeguide.gif

- Dan

-------------------------------------------
SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!
Old 07-30-2003, 05:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

*cough* Sorry, that was off-topic. Resume discussion.

SUT on order since 12/02 - 11 months to go!