H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Here are the details for what is new for 2004. Actually more that we had heard. I am glad they decided to offer grill color options.

Navigation System
Newly available for 2004 is the Delphi integrated navigation radio with full map navigation and a CD-ROM/audio player. The navigation operation will instantly map routes with 2-D and 3-D full-color map views on a 5.8-inch (147-mm) display screen with the push of a button, making maneuvering on highways and streets effortless. Once the navigation CD is inserted and the address entered on the system's screen, a route map is generated and audio commands - with step-by-step instructions in English, French or Spanish - are provided.

The verbal commands tell drivers when to turn and alert them if they stray from the calculated route; the system automatically recalculates a new route from their current position if they make a wrong turn. Additionally, drivers can instruct the navigation system to plan a route using the shortest path or one using major roads.

Other H2 Accessories
As if H2 weren't rugged or refined enough, GM offers a host of new accessories in 2004 to further enhance H2's "wow" factor. A bright appearance package includes chromed hood handles, hood latches and gas cap with filler trim. Chromed production wheels are also available. The trailering package now offered includes front hitch extension, vertical mount pin, hitch covers, electric brake harness and seven-to-four pin adapter. And three grille appearance options are offered in 2004 including body color, platinum chrome or black. For ease of access to loading items on accessory roof bows, new handles are available that mount into existing roof rails that come standard on every H2. From new chrome-plated tubular assist steps to a new chrome-plated wrap-around brush guard, and from an interior trim package to a roof-mounted bike carrier and HUMMER bike, there's an accessory to meet nearly every H2 owner's need.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Here are the details for what is new for 2004. Actually more that we had heard. I am glad they decided to offer grill color options.

Navigation System
Newly available for 2004 is the Delphi integrated navigation radio with full map navigation and a CD-ROM/audio player. The navigation operation will instantly map routes with 2-D and 3-D full-color map views on a 5.8-inch (147-mm) display screen with the push of a button, making maneuvering on highways and streets effortless. Once the navigation CD is inserted and the address entered on the system's screen, a route map is generated and audio commands - with step-by-step instructions in English, French or Spanish - are provided.

The verbal commands tell drivers when to turn and alert them if they stray from the calculated route; the system automatically recalculates a new route from their current position if they make a wrong turn. Additionally, drivers can instruct the navigation system to plan a route using the shortest path or one using major roads.

Other H2 Accessories
As if H2 weren't rugged or refined enough, GM offers a host of new accessories in 2004 to further enhance H2's "wow" factor. A bright appearance package includes chromed hood handles, hood latches and gas cap with filler trim. Chromed production wheels are also available. The trailering package now offered includes front hitch extension, vertical mount pin, hitch covers, electric brake harness and seven-to-four pin adapter. And three grille appearance options are offered in 2004 including body color, platinum chrome or black. For ease of access to loading items on accessory roof bows, new handles are available that mount into existing roof rails that come standard on every H2. From new chrome-plated tubular assist steps to a new chrome-plated wrap-around brush guard, and from an interior trim package to a roof-mounted bike carrier and HUMMER bike, there's an accessory to meet nearly every H2 owner's need.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:54 PM

hummer33 is off the scale

AWESOME. where did u find all this?
Old 07-13-2003, 11:59 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

This came from a GM press release.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:56 AM

hummer17 is off the scale

Take a look below my comments for the original link and article:

=======================================

Looks like we can look forward to some new options for 2004 as well:

I especially like the idea of (mentioned in the press release):

1)chromed hood handles
2)chromed hood latches
3)new handles are available that mount into existing roof rails (like the SUT!)
4)an interior trim package (I hope there is a wood grain option and the aluminum trim rings for the A/C vents)

I don't like the idea of:

1)chrome gas cap with filler trim
2)three grille appearance options are offered in 2004 including body color, platinum chrome or black

It is very good to see that GM will allow new owners to customize their H2s even more in 2004. This is a typical practice after the initial year's run - the manufacturers typically watch the aftermarket to guage owners interest in various components and then make the most popular available as dealer installed options. This is nice for resale value because the items are GM approved and nice for the owner since they can be rolled into the financing of the vehicle.

I will be curious to see if GM actually produces these parts or if they are from one of the 3rd Party Aftermarket Manufacturers that we are all familiar with (and are advertised on this board).

What do you guys think?

=========================================
QUOTE FROM ORIGINAL HUMMER PRESS RELEASE:

http://media.gm.com/division/2004_pr.../h2/index.html

H2 accessories
As if H2 weren't rugged or refined enough, GM offers a host of new accessories in 2004 to further enhance H2's "wow" factor. A bright appearance package includes chromed hood handles, hood latches and gas cap with filler trim. Chromed production wheels are also available. The trailering package now offered includes front hitch extension, vertical mount pin, hitch covers, electric brake harness and seven-to-four pin adapter. And three grille appearance options are offered in 2004 including body color, platinum chrome or black. For ease of access to loading items on accessory roof bows, new handles are available that mount into existing roof rails that come standard on every H2. From new chrome-plated tubular assist steps to a new chrome-plated wrap-around brush guard, and from an interior trim package to a roof-mounted bike carrier and HUMMER bike, there's an accessory to meet nearly every H2 owner's need. For more information on H2 customized accessories, please see the release that follows Specifications.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:58 AM

hummer17 is off the scale

You guys think that they will do anything different to the engine tuning and programming to make a minor improvement in gas mileage?

I know, I know, you can't do much to improve when the H2 weighs as much as a house and is shaped like a brick, but given this was one of the owners' major complaints, you'd think GM would make at least a feable attempt to squeeze out another 1-2 MPG (I know - no small feat, but can be done in the aftermarket...)
Old 07-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Banned

PlayTime is off the scale

Hummer17:

For tuning check out an exhaust system like CORSA - they just started a forum on this site so I checked them out.

There is also talk that a system like this will improve fuel economy - ask your dealer - they should know.

Plus CORSA is a GM licensed product - the only H2 exhaust system that is licensed!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:34 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I don't need nevigation system in my Hummer. I still use the old fashion method, maps. In fact, I have the same LA maps for 20 years, they don't even have some of the newer towns. LA has a million freeways, going anywhere is a matter of lots of numbers and letters, keep on changing freeways. Take 73N, 405W, 55N, 5W, 57N, 60W, etc.. That is just to meet some friends for dinner. After maybe 100 trips to LA, I still do not know it well. My wife and I will plan each trip on the map, then the co-pilot or navigator will handle the instruction. When we hit a jam, there is always another freeway exit down the road, get off 5S, take 710S, change to 405E, then 73S. One thing confusing about LA freeways is that it doesn't use North, south, east & west that much, mostly the town in the end of that freeway, you would need to know in general where that city is. I know Santa Monica is on the coast northwest of LA, that is not the direction I needed to go. Example, 710 going south, it does not say South, but Long Beach, I know Long Beach is southward to the ocean.

You also have to watch out some LA freeways exits are on the left side, you never really know which side. Some exits sort of pops out before you expected it and some exits have sharp turns. Carpool lanes have 4 solid lines or barriers you cannot get out and had me worried all the way, and they have their own connecting ramps.

Navigation system may make it easier, but what's fun in it?
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Ordered the Nav system 3 weeks ago,

apperantly it's quite fast to install.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis
You ordered the nav system that will be in the 2004 H2?
Old 07-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Skulz is off the scale

Nav systems (/w voice) don't work too well in LA when the exits are very close to each other and/or on opposite sides of the road. This speaking from personal experience
Otherwise, they work great!
Old 07-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

NAV SYSTEMS are for girls! The way I give my wife directions is just use different malls in the area and guide her from there. SHE KNOWS WHERE ALL THE MALLS ARE!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis,
Is the new nav system compatible with your 2003 H2? I wish GM would put out a new radio with XM capabilities. The FM modulator trick doesn't excite me.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Hummer Messiah

The guys at Dueck Hummer made a few calls, found the part number. $2200 Canadian dollars
(about $30 US? ) all they do is unplug the cd stacker and plug in the new one, that's what they tell moi.

Hummer Man (ya creepy freek) it's used for travelling into the US where we don't know Mall locations, and also camping.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Why is Hummer Man "H2 Fanatic Extraordinaire"? Did you buy that title? I don't see anyone else with that title. You don't happened to be Jason too, are you? "Extraordinaire", sounds French.

Talking about accessories, will they have a nicer and stronger front license plate holder? I lost mine between Los Angeles and San Francisco, anywhere on those 400 miles. So if you happen to be going up Highway 5, and you see some nice black HUMMER frame with nasty screws sticking up there, pick it up for me please. You can keep the frame as your reward but give me back my plate. If you run over them, you will have to stop anyway. Anyone has any good suggestion as alternative front license plate holder? Wonder maybe someone stole it while I was in LALALAND, you guys down there if you see a nice Hummer frame on a non-Hummer, get it back for me please.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Mac,
you want mine? I haven't put a plate on the front of my vehicles for 20 years.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

MAC, thanks for calling it to everyones attention but I have had that title for months!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH2Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

Dam some awsome new options i wanna sell mine for an 04 now hehe.....think it would be possible to switch my stereo unit to the GPS/map unit???
Old 07-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

Yes you can,

It's all cosmetic stuff. The NAV system is a perfect fit but alot of money.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Stupid question. Do these Nav systems have a monthly or annual subscription cost associated with them? I would imagine so since GPS needs to pinpoint where you are via satelite.