H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale
Default I really need a gobi - bad

Actually, I now have a Gobi. So hopefully during this years camping season, it won't be so tight. It was pritty tight w the wife, three kids, 2 dogs, the hamster, tent trailer, 12 row boat, 9hp motor for boat, 4 bikes, fire wood for 5+ days, portable fridge, coolers, bbq, tv/sat (just kidding), and tv/sat (not kidding).

Its almost camping season, so now I can take the same as last year, but now bring the kids 49cc pocket bike, and the 90cc atv (these will go on the top of the Gobi).

The last pic is of my 99 Indian Chief (no relevance, though so what)

Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I really need a gobi - bad

are you legally allowed to drive with those bicycles in front of the truck ???

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 04-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Legally? How cares, as long as you don't get a ticket. Its like the tinted front windows or the lack of front licence plate or speeding - never had a ticket for any yet, though have had warnings (two for the lack of front licence plate)

Actually, I never thought of the legal issue of having the bikes in the front. Though I doubt it is illegal cause here in BC Canada the public buses have bike racks in the front of the buses. And I've seen motorhomes with bikes or racks in the front. Even if it was illegal somehow, I doubt a cop would be pathetic enough to ticket me for it. I think it looks cool - makes the Hummer stand out even more than it normally does since most haven't seen a vehicle (other than buses and motorhomes) with a front hitch. Gives the Hummer that appreciation of begin a total all-purpose vehicle.

Now I'm not goin mention the story when my 12' row boat flew off the back of my tent trailer while I was pulling it for about 3 miles with the Hummer as it braged on the pavement. Thats a totally other story.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna
It was pritty tight w the hamster

Old 04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!! With all the low height bridges in BC parks and recreation area's you'll probably end up tearing your bikes off the roof if you get a Gobi. I would love to see a Pic of your rig with the Gobi rack and a front mount Motorcylce carrier...while hauling the trailer, canoe and the bikes on top the rack with a spare tire carrier! Then submit the picture to Prius (Enviro Nazis always use our Hummers when comparing their car to anything else) and see if their vehicle can haul as much and yet still be safe. I am so eager to rent a Prius and test it hauling a 30 foot trailer, going off road, carrying a 2,200Lb payload, pulling a trailer with a minimum 850Lb motorcycle on it, pulling a BAJA trailer while going off-road, hauling a family of 4 with ALL the gear when going camping, climbing a hilll on a BC highway without loosing speed and pissing off all the other drivers behind em until a passing lane comes around!!!

I love BC...my inlaws have a gorgeous summer home on Lake Okanagan right on Carrs Landing Road four houses up from Calgary Flames Jarome Iginla. House is located on a 1.5 acre lot right on the lake, my two boy's absolutely love it!

Have Fun and Be Safe!