H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-14-2002, 10:55 PM

JJ is off the scale

I made it to Detroit Thursday afternoon, picked up the Sunset Orange, Sunroof, Lux Pkg, Wrap around Brush Guard, Third Row seat BEHEMOTH. My Oh My, WHAT A VEHICLE. Is the H2 a vehicle or a shapeshifter/transporter? Because once I got behind the wheel I was rock'n and roll'n all the way to New Mexico (5am this morning). 1617 miles with one overnight stop and I am still rearing to go - just can't get enough. The H2 ran perfect all the way home, no rattles or squeaks and comfortable - what a ride. Although, keeping it below 55mph and constantly varying the speed for the first 500 miles for excruciating.

You folks are right, this vehicle just can't keep from turning heads. In fact, several times along the interstate I was nearly clipped by the "H2 GAWKERS". Each fuel stop resulted in a minimum of 20 minutes due to all the interest from other drivers. I noticed the hour meter had 2 hours on it when I picked up the H2 - this must be the engine break-in time performed by Am Gen/GM - I cleared the avg mpg setting and monitored the gas mileage the old fashioned way and compared it to the computer - range between fuel stops 12.5-14.5 MPG, all interstate, avg fo the trip was 13.2 mpg. The computer agreed well with my manual calculations.

I only saw one other H2, Yellow, sitting atop a car carrier heading toward delivery to some other happy individual.

Anyway, I had a great roadtrip and I couldn't be more pleased....

AND I had the pleasure of meeting one of our forum members, RACINA. Racina - THANKS...

JJ
Old 12-14-2002, 10:55 PM

JJ is off the scale

I made it to Detroit Thursday afternoon, picked up the Sunset Orange, Sunroof, Lux Pkg, Wrap around Brush Guard, Third Row seat BEHEMOTH. My Oh My, WHAT A VEHICLE. Is the H2 a vehicle or a shapeshifter/transporter? Because once I got behind the wheel I was rock'n and roll'n all the way to New Mexico (5am this morning). 1617 miles with one overnight stop and I am still rearing to go - just can't get enough. The H2 ran perfect all the way home, no rattles or squeaks and comfortable - what a ride. Although, keeping it below 55mph and constantly varying the speed for the first 500 miles for excruciating.

You folks are right, this vehicle just can't keep from turning heads. In fact, several times along the interstate I was nearly clipped by the "H2 GAWKERS". Each fuel stop resulted in a minimum of 20 minutes due to all the interest from other drivers. I noticed the hour meter had 2 hours on it when I picked up the H2 - this must be the engine break-in time performed by Am Gen/GM - I cleared the avg mpg setting and monitored the gas mileage the old fashioned way and compared it to the computer - range between fuel stops 12.5-14.5 MPG, all interstate, avg fo the trip was 13.2 mpg. The computer agreed well with my manual calculations.

I only saw one other H2, Yellow, sitting atop a car carrier heading toward delivery to some other happy individual.

Anyway, I had a great roadtrip and I couldn't be more pleased....

AND I had the pleasure of meeting one of our forum members, RACINA. Racina - THANKS...

JJ
Old 12-14-2002, 11:16 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Now that you're "official" welcome to the family! Post pictures!
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Kelley
Old 12-14-2002, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

It's time to get jiggy with it!
Old 12-15-2002, 03:15 AM

1 bad h2 is off the scale

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
THE LOVE AFFAIR HAS STARTED
Old 12-16-2002, 12:22 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

We drove ours home from Detroit as well (different dealer), and I agree, that 55 mph for the first 500 was absolutely EXCRUCIATING. The only thing that helped was that snow was coming down like crazy and, since they apparently don't believe in plowing or salt in Detroit (not that it matters in an H2), everyone else was driving 55ish.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:41 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

They must figure in the upper-midwest who needs plows?????? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (I used to live in South Dakota, I know what you're talking about...)

Kelley
Old 12-16-2002, 03:07 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Why do you buy a Hummer in MI and drive back home to New Mexico or New York? Is there any special deal or reasons? I have never heard of it.
Decades ago, people used to take European delivery in Stuttgart, Germany, that was a debatable value.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

Funny, I made a similar journey to NM right after I bought mine! Only had about 500 miles before I went on a roadtrip to Albuquerque visiting family. I didn't see a single other H2 in NM the week I was there, though I am sure there must have been a few rollong around. You are gonna love it! Next time I take a roadtrip to NM in the H2 we'll have to do some 'wheelin!

Chris
Old 12-16-2002, 08:43 PM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

MAC-

We didn't want all those people getting Euro pickup to have all the fun. We figured, "What's Europe got that Detroit doesn't?" Besides, Munich doesn't have a rule that all radio stations must play Eminem at least four times an hour.

Actually, the real reason is that dealers were nasty in NY, CT and NJ (getting 5-7k over MSRP) and we had a trip to visit my parents in Chicago coming up. Figured it would be a fun road trip. BTW, for those of you wondering if demand is drying up, today I got a call from a Long Island dealer that was asking 5k over MSRP in September. He called us back wanting to deal.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:31 AM

JJ is off the scale

MAC - in my case I was motivated by price, the Detroit dealer was one of a very few willing to honor GMs Employee Discount Program. Our local dealer is a good dealer but he honestly said he couldn't honor the program on the H2 because they were selling too well. I keep my money local, however in this case I couldn't pass up the savings - kids in college.......

Hognose - give me a holler when you are back this way.

JJ