H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Hummer Novice

Quicksilver is on a distinguished road
Default HUMMER OR GM CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACTS?

Hello All.

I am battling Hummer Customer Service right now over a Goodwill assistance issue on a transmission replacement at 65,000 miles. After initally telling me that I had great service records and had a good chance to get help they declined the claim based on me not having "the required transmission service" done at 50,000 miles.

However, looking at the owners manual it clearly states that a NORMAL SERVICE vehicle does not require any transmission service until 100,000. So I disputed that issue and they are trying to redefine my vehicle as a SEVERE SERVICE vehicle because I drive 30,000 a year even though it clearly doesn't fall under the owners manuals definition.

As a final attempt to right this injustice I am going to gather as many contacts as possible and write a few letters. I'm pretty pissed about this as they took 7 months to decide and even then didn't notify me, I randomly called in and found out.

Does any have a solid contact within the Customer Service arena at GM or Hummer?

If anyone has personal experience of this kind please let me know so I can figure out the best approach.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff
Old 09-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Hummer Expert

twr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HUMMER OR GM CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACTS?

Hi i hate to tell you but welcome to gm customer service!! I hope someone on this forum can point you in the right direction. I had some problems with a 2008 h2 under extended warranty and they told me untill it's worse gm will not do anything about it. What is the warranty for? Maybe that is why they have so many problems now? P.S I hope you get somewhere with your problem.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

You're preaching to the choir here, but I had a similar incident with GM with my 1990 ZR1 when it lost a tooth in the second gear. So I couldn't use second gear at all. It was under warranty and when I took it in they tore it down and fixed it. I went to pick it up and they said it wasn't covered because the spline shaft showed evidence of power shifting and abuse (NOT TRUE!)
I paid out of pocket and wrote letters to Chevrolet, the dealer I bought it from, the President of GM and finally after 9 months of bugging everyone including a letter to the Corvette plant in Bowling Green I received a check in the mail from GM for the $1643.
I wrote eight letters and sent four of them registered mail and talked with William Cooksey, Corvette plant powertrain manager, on the phone and by mail. I'd try to talk with someone at AM General and keep calling and writing. My message here is to not give up and bug everyone. I called the dealer that repaired it on a weekly basis to see if they had heard from GM and they finally got sick of hearing from me!

Hummer, like nothing else

Last edited by HummerMann : 09-26-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Goalkeeper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

In my experience, at least here in VA, Hummer service sucks.

I took it in for the 100,00 mile service (I think for an est. $ 1,500) and they called back with almost $ 7,000 worth of things that needed to be done.

I drove 3 hours north to a mechanic I trust in Baltimore and had all the repairs, and a leaky transmission fluid line the dealer missed, fixed for around $ 2,500.

Good luck man...
01 - Ducati 748 Bip, Yellow- Giddy Up!!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

I usually go to the dealer for all warrenty work, after warrenty I go to a good mechanic for work. The dealer will soak you. The only time that I would go back to the dealer for is if something that is so speacialized that the mechanic isnt comfortable doing.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel very lucky living close to Lynch and have dealt with them for four and half years. Their service department knows Hummers and everything I've taken in has been fixed right the first time. Yes, it's a little more expensive than a local garage, but not outrageoulsy so. I've NEVER had an issue with them on warranty work. I still savor the time they gave me an H1 to drive while my H3 was in their shop to go out and get lunch in! Smart people, bought an H2 shortly after that. It's kinda like the owning a boat and wanting a bigger one thing.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see where the OP will have a problem. I mean, Obama has a goodwill, free plan for everyone. I'm sure some GM dealership gets paid 3000 dollars just to tell you it's not covered....

Seriously, I do have a suggestion for the OP. IF you don't get anywhere and you just decide to say "fuk it", then at least do the trans upgrade.

The 65's not only work better than the 60's, they are a decent deal price-wise compared to some of the bulletproof trannys out there.

Good luck... I personally don't have the time nor patience that others have to keep fighting GM.

Mark
Old 09-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

I don't lnow what your position is with GM, as it refers to the amount of GM vehicles you've owned, but this might help. I had a similar problem with Porsche. My dual-mass flywheel went out, 3 days after the warrenty did. The zone rep refused to cover the repairs. I called Porsche and told them to look up how many of their cars I had owned. When they got back to me, I told them that if they didn't cover it, I would never buy another. In fact, I was going to trade it in that day on another brand. THEY COVERED IT !!!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Hummer Novice

Quicksilver is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Some good insight. I am going to the dealership tomorrow and asking the Service Manager how he deems my vehicle "SEVERE SERVICE" when the Owners Manual clearly states it is "NORMAL SERVICE". When he tells me that its his opinion rather than what is written I will then ask him how that can be credible when his primary statement to me early on was that I failed to follow the Owners Manual word for word. The very thing he failed to do in his decision to deny my case. Thanks again. I'll be sure and let you know the outcome.