H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWN H2 is off the scale

Hi I'am new here and I would just like to ask other H2 owners if they have had any problems with their hummers. Mine has under 10,000 miles on it and I would have to actually look at my records tgo tell you how many times it's been to the dealear. I am just wondering if it's just mine or if they all are like that. Thanks

RHOADE T ANDREWS
Old 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hi I'am new here and I would just like to ask other H2 owners if they have had any problems with their hummers. Mine has under 10,000 miles on it and I would have to actually look at my records tgo tell you how many times it's been to the dealear. I am just wondering if it's just mine or if they all are like that. Thanks

RHOADE T ANDREWS
Old 12-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

This has been addressed in several threads in the past. It would be better to ask about a specific problem that you are having.

We have had Trolls come in here recently asking for a list of problems and pictures just to see it all posted later on a "Anti-H2" hate site.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

I am having problems with dealer installed items a short list would be rear wheels air horn kit the compressor keeps running since then they installed a new one but I won't know until I get it back my dvd player a roof leak caused by the wires to the roof lights and a computer malfunction which they can't figure out as yet. I put about 1500 and 2000 miles on it just taking it to the dealer and I am really starting to get pissed I have less problems with my 1989 Blazer. I was just trying to find out other peoples bad experiences.I am not a troll If you would like a photo or a copy of my title let me know.

RHOADE T ANDREWS
Old 12-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

As you clearly stated in your posts, ALL of your problems were caused by the dealer installed aftermarket toys, the problem is not the toys nor the Hummer, but clearly caused by the poor installation work. That my friend, is specifically related to your Hummer only, and/or other Hummers these "technicians" worked on. You have to go back to the guys who made the mistakes in the first place to rectify the problems at no charge, or have the same guys make more mistakes, which is often the case.

The subjects is very different from the other Hummer defects discussed before.
Defects are real with any auto brands, but I now know some previously reported major Hummer lemons were fakes.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:18 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

Tim,

Very sorry to hear about all of your issues. It does sound like you may be victim to improper installation by nit-wits. I've had my H2 for almost a year now, and have driven the hell out of it (almost 22,k miles). It's my daily driver and I've also taken it on multiple longer trips. I have never had an issue. I've done nothing but oil changes and obtain a first-name basis relationship with the attendants at the gas stations. It makes me feel bad to even tell you that, but that's the truth. You need to be particularly cognizant of any correlation of your problems to the work that has been done by your dealer.
If problems are result of "certified" people working on your car, it's time to show your teeth and maybe even drop the name of your lawyer during conversation with the dealership owner. I am only one Hummer owner, but based on my experiences of absolutely zero to complain about, it does seem that you may need to kick some legal ass if they won't take care of you for all of your troubles. Good luck. I'm sorry that you have such trouble.

gasman
Old 12-14-2003, 09:43 PM

unaslob is off the scale

my friend,
you are learning a lesson a bit late. I was fortunate that I learned early, and it only cost me about 700 dollars until I realized it.

Dealers sell cars, that is all they are good at. Aftermarket things are something you have to take to a trusted shop.

compressor -as I have a compressor and am well versed in what can go wrong. you have an air leak. most likely in the line from the compressor to the tank. some soapy water will tell you the tale. (unless there is a prob with the compressor itself)

roof leak - lemme guess, you have water dripping out of your driver side roof mast handle?? easy to fix with some silicone I have so many wires running up and down, i had that prob as well, was an easy fix.

sorry for your troubles...

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 12-15-2003, 05:42 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

What dealership are you going to?

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 12-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hi thank you for your advice and sympathy since my last post the dealer {hendrick chevrolet hummer cary nc} has since replaced my airhorn fixed the leak in the roof so they say and are supposed to be swapping out my dvd player. They have now had my Hummer for over a week and as far as I know have not fixed the computer glitch yet. As for there service they take care of me right away and have always treated me decent. I have over 100,000 invested in my H2 that's why I get so mad when it has to go back there. Maybe it will come back right this time. I hope so.
2003 Black Lux H2 Magnusson Supercharger Volant cold air box Corsa Stainless catback exhaust with dual polished stainless exhaust tips Front and rear swaybars 35"x12.50x17 procomp exterain tires on Alcoa chrome Manik stainless wheels added capacity aluminum transmission pan breathless performance hood scoop electric trailer brake warn 9000 lb winch with front and rear wiring with remote control chrome fairlead steel off road package remote start entertainment system with 4 7" monitors built in audio video jacks in rear for game playing custom pipeing on all seats chrome shift handle carbon fiber dash and steering wheel 4 pia chrome roof rack lights 2 pia lights on front bar v command voice activated navigation system chrome letter set chrome locking gas door chrome door handles chrome hood latch set chrome sill plates polished front skid plate chrome marker bezels wire cages for roof running lights duel air horns fender flare kit manik roof rack with ladder chrome license plate surround rear hatch chrome light bezels chrome ac rings stainless dash kit

RHOADE T ANDREWS
Old 12-16-2003, 01:59 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Blown, would love to see a few photos of your Hummer. Amazing to read your list of aftermarket add-ons. Assuming the Hummer is $50K, you added $50K worth of toys. I amvery interested to see the details. Do show us please.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Please...
Pictures Pictures Pictures!!!

Ric-H2
Old 12-16-2003, 03:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not a troll hunter, so I do not want to rain on anyone's parade and I am probably not, however:

Just recently we had someone here asking about H2 problems. He became quite indignant when rebuked. Using very fowl language and inuendo. He became very defensive and seemed to be crying as he typed.

Furthermore, he posted his full name. I believe it was Tim something. I cannot seem to locate this thread.
He was also from Elizabethton, TN.

I did a Google at that time and seem to remember coming up with him being a paw bearer recently and receiving a contract to paint the Elizabethton/Carter County Covered Bridge.

So, whether or not he is the same person, within weeks someone from a small town in TN is asking about problems with the H2.

Very odd I think.

And yes Rhoade, I do see your sig.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 12-16-2003, 04:21 AM

argonaut is off the scale

ken, you have a link to that thread?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

No. I keep looking but I am having a hard time finding it.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 12-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

I hope this goes thru.

Tim ANDREWS
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2003, 05:02 PM

Fellow Off-Roader is off the scale

that's all that shows up on my screen as well.

constantly surprises me how many people go out of there way trying to stir up crap on H2s.

Old 12-16-2003, 05:06 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I assume Tim Andrews and Rhoade T Andrews is the same guy? Think I've seen Tim Andrews name before. I believe him 1000%. Please show many photos of your $100,000 Hummer.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Blow,

Are you actually towing that Blazer???? Because either that Blazer(Or Bronco?) has a 20" lift or it's on a hill, That H2 looks short!

Resize the pic! I wanna see!

My Video Collectionez