H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-07-2003, 01:30 AM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

OK, I am about to make the plunge and install the Rancho 4" lift. I already have 37" tires and billet wheels from MC2, (rubbing slightly), so it should help from that aspect.

The larger tires are affecting my mileage, and I assume the lift will affect any number of things.

I do offroad this vehicle quite a bit, and know the lift will provide some much needed clearance. I have had several Jeeps, and lifted them all, with great results.

I understand that a simple lift will not void any warranty work, which is good.

Who has a lift, and what do you like/dislike about it. Does it kill your mileage further? At this point, I really don't care, just wondering.

The main goal of this vehicle is high visability/marketing, so I feel the lift, big tires, and wheels really make it stand out. Our GOBI rack is going on tomorrow, and more stuff is planned.

How sound is my logic? Does anyone have a lifted H2 that wishes they had not lifted it? Or on the other hand, who would not do without it?

Thanks!

Travis

HummerTeam.com
Old 08-07-2003, 01:30 AM

OK, I am about to make the plunge and install the Rancho 4" lift. I already have 37" tires and billet wheels from MC2, (rubbing slightly), so it should help from that aspect.

The larger tires are affecting my mileage, and I assume the lift will affect any number of things.

I do offroad this vehicle quite a bit, and know the lift will provide some much needed clearance. I have had several Jeeps, and lifted them all, with great results.

I understand that a simple lift will not void any warranty work, which is good.

Who has a lift, and what do you like/dislike about it. Does it kill your mileage further? At this point, I really don't care, just wondering.

The main goal of this vehicle is high visability/marketing, so I feel the lift, big tires, and wheels really make it stand out. Our GOBI rack is going on tomorrow, and more stuff is planned.

How sound is my logic? Does anyone have a lifted H2 that wishes they had not lifted it? Or on the other hand, who would not do without it?

Thanks!

Travis

HummerTeam.com
Old 08-07-2003, 02:14 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

We took a trip to the Wisconson Dells and I saw a lifted H2 in a hotel parking lot. It looked really cool. If I didn't use my H2 every day, I would lift mine too. I also tow our boat so a lift wouldn't work for me now.

Be sure to post some pictures after it is done.

BTW I know some members on this forum have lifted their H2s, I just don't remember who. Do a search.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:09 AM

I couldn't remember who all has the lift either. We have wakeboard boats, so I am sure we will have to figure out a drop hitch system of some kind.

Travis

HummerTeam.com
Old 08-07-2003, 10:58 AM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

We have the 4" Rancho lift (see the thread on the "Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2" called "Full Throttle Suspension". I explain the lift a little with a couple of pics.
Basically it ends up over 5" of lift, not counting the tires difference. Because of more body roll I run the Rancho 9000's and have them set at about 7 (there are 9 settings). If you are used to lifts like you said then I expect you already know about the extra caution on side hill driving. I went with the larger tires when we did the lift, so I can't say if the lift had any affect on milage. We currently average about 11.5 mpg + about 6 - 10% because of the difference of the tire size (we haven't recalculated the computer for the tires yet). Hard braking is a bit more interesting because of all that weight higher in the air. Again, you know this stuff because of you past experiance with lifted j**ps.
The added ground clearance of the body and chassis is great but the suspension clearance is only achieved by the tires.
Towing shouldn't be a big deal with the correct hitch set up. I firmly recommend a load-leveling hitch set up. I pull our race rig with a lifted Dually Duramax and the difference between just using a simple ball hitch and the load leveling system is night and day!
I'll attach another picture here of our rig (HumDawg).

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.
Attached Images